Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Word has the Canes are looking for immediate help back (Star Power)

"Not a middling pick and a B-prospect or a first-rounder and a decent prospect," Friedman said. "That's not going to do it."

The Hurricanes are standing firm on their expectations for a substantial return in any Martin Necas trade, prioritizing the acquisition of 'star power' to enhance the team's roster.
Well they better hope he tells teams he’s signing

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
he had his best season

I respect your takes but it’s the same freaking post over and over and over and oner - it’s like Ground Hog Day
One more time " Stop wasting time on this guy"...............hahaha

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

"Not a middling pick and a B-prospect or a first-rounder and a decent prospect," Friedman said. "That's not going to do it."

The Hurricanes are standing firm on their expectations for a substantial return in any Martin Necas trade, prioritizing the acquisition of 'star power' to enhance the team's roster.
You know, you can just say “hockey deal” without the exaggeration (not you, TCB).

They want “star power” in return? Good luck! :laugh: Necas himself isn’t at star power status (at least not yet). What team is gonna give up the better player for Necas?

Only thing I could see is that this is an attempt to get the attention of the Leafs, who are probably looking at shaking up their core. I don’t see a fit anywhere else.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They don't need him too.

He's arbitration eligible so a team just has to take him to arbitration and if fails to abide by that contract then it gets tolled until he fills his contractual obligation.
My point (which he responded to) is that are teams going to give up big assets to get Necas without assurances he’ll sign a long term deal? He can pull a Tkachuk/DuBois and drive himself to an approved list of teams. One of the few spots a good player has leverage.

Sure, a team could trade for him and have him play out this year since he has no protection. But will they if he’s says he’d go to market instead of resigning?

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My point (which he responded to) is that are teams going to give up big assets to get Necas without assurances he’ll sign a long term deal? He can pull a Tkachuk/DuBois and drive himself to an approved list of teams. One of the few spots a good player has leverage.

Sure, a team could trade for him and have him play out this year since he has no protection. But will they if he’s says he’d go to market instead of resigning?
Yes I’m all about Pastrnak and Necas pulling a Kyrie & Durant plotting to join up no later then next summer

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Can't we all just get along and acknowledge that not everyone is going to agree and realize it is almost impossible to change someone's opinion?

Life is just too short.
It would be nice.

But, Dom, other people’s opinions are just that. Opinions.

Mine, on the other hand, are facts.

I’m very special, you know?:laugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 2

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
If they're absolutely getting much more than anyone else is offering? He'd probably bite the bullet, hold his nose, and make the deal.
I doubt it, he seems to be a looney. And after the report about the GM responsibilities, he’ll have his fingers in everything.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The 2022/'23 to 2023/'24 Boston Bruins?
Half joking but it seems like we've lost a lot since the record breaking season.

Well, sure, but I am not really talking about TDL guys that are rentals, or prospects or young players, or fringe types. More about the proposals that show the team addding 8 or 9 roster regulars, which is something you just don't see. Taking two seasons together, then yeah, I think that is more viable. Going back to the record year, we had three rentals, then two retirements to follow, and this year we have some potential departures, which opening day to opening day over two seasons could look like what some people have the team doing in a single summer off-season. But, it's all in good fun to speculate and wish :)

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Is a former Vezina winner considered a star?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Overpaying for guys like Joshua causes issues and a backlog of problems especially if they fall off.

The key is finding the next Dakota Joshua without the price tag.
Joshua is a candidate to go from underrated to overated

Bruins projected bottom 6 to me top notch in that all 6 are on a first or second special team can move up and down the lineup and positionally

It’s pretty wild to me atleast how good and cheep it is right now

Heinen - Frederic - Geekie
Beecher -Boqvist - Brazeau
Lauko

All 7 make about 10 M

Ridiculous

The entire third line plays all over the place and Heinen and Frederic are metrically top defensive forwards

Maurice a couple of weeks ago on nhl network was gushing over Bruins depth how they just come at you

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Just to add I’m a Poitras guy and his ceiling is Savard like skills but when he got out there at end it was like watching my kids playing bigger stronger kids

I found myself not even watching game but him hoping he doesn’t get flattened

When Bergeron came back from his serious concussion I was uncomfortable every game just subconsciously and the feeling it generated of ugh every shift Bergy took for a couple of years- is this the game

Poitras is like a boy out there - a freshman with skills but not speed enough to get out of harms way

I’m open minded so if he shows up and looks like 2006 Savard then hell yeh he stays but otherwise I want to see him in Providence showing he’s to good for that league and healthy

I’m giving him nothing on any lineup

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Overpaying for guys like Joshua causes issues and a backlog of problems especially if they fall off.

The key is finding the next Dakota Joshua without the price tag.
Agree but we need him now. 3.5 mil is not a lot of $$. I’m also a big cap guy who knows what cap space is worth. I would take a shot at him.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If we want a Stanley cup team we will win with goaltending and defence. We don’t match up with any contenders up front. We need to sign guys who are playoff worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad