Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Swayman is definitely getting more than $8M+ AAV

Elliotte Friedman on Igor Shesterkin's potential new contract...
The, the thing is, is someone pointed out to me, and you’re the one that brought up Carey Price who’s $10.5 (million) is, is the key number here. If you look at when Carey Price signed that deal, it was, hold on I got written down here, percentage of the cap was, was 14%, I believe.

And so, if you look at 14%, it’s, it’s $12 (million) something. So I don’t know if it’ll get there but you know, a lot of agents and teams do look at percentage of the cap.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Swayman is definitely getting more than $8M+ AAV

Elliotte Friedman on Igor Shesterkin's potential new contract...

IDK, one of Sweeney’s best skills seems to be getting players to re-sign here for less than absolute market.

I’m not suggesting he’s back for less than 7 but I think it will be in the 7’s.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
IDK, one of Sweeney’s best skills seems to be getting players to re-sign here for less than absolute market.

I’m not suggesting he’s back for less than 7 but I think it will be in the 7’s.
Swayman has already taken the Bruins to arbitration once. Sweeney and co. would deserve some huge kudos if they get Swayman to sign in the 7's.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
My worry is Sweeney will not act quickly enough on moving Linus, or Linus will muddy things up and refuse to move. In the meantime teams fill needs with other goalies and Linus remains as a 5 million dollar guy playing 20 or 25 games a year. Granted if he stays Monty is liable to split time again so who knows? Linus does not strike me as an Alpha....maybe its just me thinking it though.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
wow. i watched nearly every minute of the playoffs and cant believe the dakota joshua band wagon has us paying him 3.5 a year to play with pasta on the first line. wow. just wow. sure fire way to cripple this franchise. I assume he gets a 7 year deal and a NTC too. this guy is not close to 3.5 in value. Total 64 Pts in 184 GP, and 8 playoffs Pts in 14 GP. Like his style but no way i pay him that money never mind slotting him into the top line. ridiculous. comparing him to Heinen is like apples to oranges two very different players its irrelevant.
You watch this years playoffs ? The difference is teams with guys like Dakota.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Frederic is going to be a guy to watch

He’s that guy puts up 20+ goals he could get 5/30 from someone

Andrew Copp got 5/28.5 and is not the player Frederic is even offensively let alone grit

Geekie also will double his contract when it’s up

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Swayman has already taken the Bruins to arbitration once. Sweeney and co. would deserve some huge kudos if they get Swayman to sign in the 7's.

Agreed.

All I’ll say in defense of the 7 idea, is that I think Swayman is a humble kid and good teammate.

Yes an extra 1m or so won’t be the difference between a cup or not, but it might help.

Reactions: SPV and Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Danton Heinen has a history of declining the year after he has a productive year, so keep that in mind.He is also a player that has reached 40 points once in his career. Please stop wasting time with this guy.
all BS
he had his best season

I respect your takes but it’s the same freaking post over and over and over and oner - it’s like Ground Hog Day

Reactions: Ladyfan

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

Andrew Copp got 5/28.5 and is not the player Frederic is even offensively let alone grit

Should benefit us this coming season that they are playing for that contract

Reactions: DKH

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It was also a tough salary market last season. Heinen is not the kind of player you move heaven and earth to get on your roster so when things are really tight, he is someone easy to pass on. In a league with a much more amenable cap environment for most teams, he will find a home. I hope it is with us.

That is always an issue for me with these proposals- when is the last time an NHL team turned over 8 or 9 players in an off-season?
The 2022/'23 to 2023/'24 Boston Bruins?
Half joking but it seems like we've lost a lot since the record breaking season.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
fun thing about the Bruins, if DeBrusk walks theyll need both! (C and RW)
Yup

Canadiens apparently willing to offer their Winnipeg 1 & prospects /players for Necas

Bruins can’t touch that

But can they get him to sign an extension

Reactions: Gordoff

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

It will be interesting to see what the Bruins do with Frederic. Geekie is at least a RFA after next season so the Bruins have a little more time to decide his future on the team.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

They won’t be able to keep both. With Freddy being the UFA, wouldn’t be shocked if he was part of a deal for say Necas. Carolina needs that element.

Reactions: bbfan419 and DKH

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yup

Canadiens apparently willing to offer their Winnipeg 1 & prospects /players for Necas

Bruins can’t touch that

But can they get him to sign an extension
Word has the Canes are looking for immediate help back (Star Power)

"Not a middling pick and a B-prospect or a first-rounder and a decent prospect," Friedman said. "That's not going to do it."

The Hurricanes are standing firm on their expectations for a substantial return in any Martin Necas trade, prioritizing the acquisition of 'star power' to enhance the team's roster.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They won’t be able to keep both. With Freddy being the UFA, wouldn’t be shocked if he was part of a deal for say Necas. Carolina needs that element.

I've said it before, but Sweeney needs to have those conversations with Geekie and Freddy now to see what an extension looks like, because yes the player who is not looking for an extension this summers at a deal the Bs can handle is the guy who needs to be moved this summer.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Have a feeling that at this point Sweeney and Company has decided to move on from Debrusk. One of those good luck but don't let the door hit ya in the @SS on the way out.
That is my impression. Stranger things have happened, but I do not see a scenario in which the Bruins pay him what he wants.

More, I believe he wants to go back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad