Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Barkov, Tkachuk, & Bennett are the drivers on that team. Reinhart is very good but his new contract will be bad value.
It is very possible that could be the case, but one never knows, but the real question is who is willing to take that risk, because he is not going to be cheap.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
In the next few years, Florida will lose a lot of those players. So many of them up for new deals. The cap will push a bunch out.

Reactions: Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Risk/reward I guess.

Seems like it more risk than reward though, no?

Risk - you sign him to a 7yr deal for $9-$10 million, he never duplicates this season production wise and falls back to his previous 3yr average of a roughly 70pt player at his peak (or worse).

Reward - He continues to play at a 95pt pace (or exceeds it) into his early 30's and is paid what he's worth.

Seems like there is a higher probability of it be a risk than a reward.

Reactions: Tommy Tubs

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
For me....

1 of Primary forward - Stamkos, Marchessault, Guentzel, or Reinhart

1 of Secondary forwards - Lindholm, Monahan, Stephenson, Debrusk, Teravainen, Toffoli, or

That's between 18-22 million locked up in 3 players for 5+ years with NMC and NTC clauses thrown in. And that's before you deal with Swayman

Plus it assumes that 3 of the top 12 or so FA available this summer all decide they want to spend the next half decade of their life here . Especially where JDB is the only person with any ties to the org. Plus Lindholm a bit with friendship with Pasta

I think your expectations are completely out of line with what reality is going to be.

most guys on you list will have 10 or more offers, many from teams who have more cap space than the Bruins

Maybe. You don’t know until you ask.

First thought is that playing with Pasta should be enough to entice one of the centers to come here.

Once that domino falls, maybe the second guy sees Boston as a more attractive landing spot.

Third possibility is that someone as good as those I listed comes here as part of a package for Ullmark.

Necas and Mercer have been rumored.

Laslty, while I think JDB ultimately walks….theres always the chance that he decides to stay where he “grew up” so to speak.

I wouldn’t bet the mortgage in it, but this is still an attractive place to play hockey and Pasta and Marchand already promised to work hard to recruit, so you never know.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sam Reinhart may just be the best quick release shooter in the game today. He gets it off quick, hard and accurate. He's good at finding those soft spots on the ice. His shooting % is high but most of his goals are high % plays.

The issue is he rarely scores off creating his own looks. It's a combination of knowing where to be and a great release.

Of his 57 goals:

Deflection/redirects - 18%

Shot off a rebound - 16%

Shot off a pass (one-timer or catch-and-release) - 47%

Other - 12%

Empty Net - 7%

He's not just scoring off quick shots from the bumper, he can score that way outside the bumper as well.

I think his shooting % is fairly sustainable in the short term although I doubt he ever hits 57 again. He will regress but it shouldn't be massive. I don't see him going from 57 down to 30. 40 maybe. He almost hit 25% I can see him settling in around 17-20% in the short term.

Whoever signs him needs to ask themselves....do they have the playmakers/play drivers to get him the puck in those soft areas and does there team play a style where he will get those looks? We know Florida does although at EV he rarely played with Tkachuk but was Barkov's main squeeze. He gets both feeding him on the PP with 27 PP goals. They work the puck down low of the right-side half-wall. They don't force it over to the OV/Pasta one-timer spot as much either.

Based on the goals he scored I don't think he can drive a line at all. This is a shooter. Brett Hull-esque. I think if the Panthers resign him they'll be happy. Other teams might be disappointed. He needs teammates who can drive play and get him the puck to get the value out of his new contract wherever it is.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’m really surprised at the lack of interest in lindholm. He had a monster playoffs. He also does a lot more than create offence. He is by far the best centre available imo.

Maybe that’s the issue. I’m sure a lot of teams are interested …. Someone might just over pay

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Poitras looked fine at the NHL level this year, but we're talking about sending him to Providence with him being a year older now? I just don't see it.
He could start the season there. The point is to shake off any rust from the injury, get his game in shape and come back uptown. Not a demotion.

I’m really surprised at the lack of interest in lindholm. He had a monster playoffs. He also does a lot more than create offence. He is by far the best centre available imo.

Maybe that’s the issue. I’m sure a lot of teams are interested …. Someone might just over pay
Someone will overpay. Bet on it.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

2. Linus Ullmark
Goaltender, Boston Bruins
Stats: 40 GP, 2.58 GAA, .915 Sv%
Contract: 1 year remaining, $5 million AAV
Scoop: The Bruins very nearly traded Ullmark to Los Angeles during deadline week, agreeing to a deal with the Kings that the reigning Vezina winner nixed with his ‘no-trade’ clause. GM Don Sweeney wasn’t thrilled at the time, but said last week: “You guys do a hell of a job figuring those things out, piecing them together.” Jeremy Swayman is clearly the goalie of the present and future in the Hub. And Ullmark will be one of the hottest commodities on the trade market over the next five weeks. In addition to the Kings, keep an eye on the Sens. Ullmark reminded us his ‘no-trade’ list is in place for a reason, though.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

See, its stuff like this that gives us something to do other than argue with each other.

Active NHL 1st Round Picks

Ottawa Senators:
Tim Stutzle
Brady Tkachuk
Claude Giroux
Ridley Greig
Jake Sanderson
Thomas Chabot
Jakob Chychrun
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Erik Brannstrom

Given Sweeneys talk of needing speed and the playoffs showing our need for offense on the back-end, I would ASSUME the 1st here is a package for (LD) Chychryn. He has 1 year left like Ullmark at 4.6 cap. 82 games, 41 points ties his career high.
Just smells like a Sweeney move.

Jersey Devils:
Timo Meier
Jack Hughes
Nico Hischier
Curtis Lazar
Alexander Holtz
Nolan Foote
Dawson Mercer
Luke Hughes
Simon Nemec
Brendan Smith

Not as cut and dry here. Nemec is a LD and more like a Peeke/Carlo. Holtz could be a DeBrusk replacement. Foote cant seem to crack and NHL roster anywhere. Mercer would be a good young(22) centerman, but I am not sure they would move him.

Carolina Hurricanes:
Andrei Svechnikov
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Jordan Staal
Bradley Nadeau
Ryan Suzuki
Seth Jarvis
Martin Necas
Stefan Noesen
Teuvo Teravainen
Brent Burns
Anthony DeAngelo
Bradi Skjei

Necas is who I assume is the target. Would take more than just Linus I think. A few young forwards I know little about that could be interesting surprises. But, please no Kotkaniemi or Kuznetsov......

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Cayden Lindstrom is a risk but could pay off huge. I’d be about trading a package including Ullmark for a top 10 pick in the draft.
Do we trade Linus Ullmark, Vezina winner two seasons ago, for a chance at drafting a guy compared to Eric Lindros who already has an extensive injury history?

That is quite the gamble.

Reactions: Kegs

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
is lucic 100 % done in boston even if cleared by nhl?
Yep. There's really no coming back from this.

He may or may not get a shot playing in another market, more likely in a European league, but most definitely won't be back here. They can't take another PR disaster after the last few seasons. Moreover, he blew it for his post-hockey career too. Dude would've definitely been on either NESN or local radio as an analyst or radio co-host. Would've been active in alumni and charity stuff too. You could tell he loved being a Bruin and the city meant so much to him. But he screwed it all up in one bad night of inexcusable actions. It's just a massive shame all around.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
is lucic 100 % done in boston even if cleared by nhl?
I believe so.

Not because I know anything one way or another, but all you have to do is imagine the reception he would receive at rinks throughout the league to understand that Milan will never play for the Bruins again, and perhaps anywhere else in the NHL.

I wish this was not the case, but teams don't want the PR headache.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I believe so.

Not because I know anything one way or another, but all you have to do is imagine the reception he would receive at rinks throughout the league to understand that Milan will never play for the Bruins again, and perhaps anywhere else in the NHL.

I wish this was not the case, but teams don't want the PR headache.

It is also worth noting his age: he might not have been coming back for another season anyway. If he does want another crack at it, he'll find some tough sledding out there.

Reactions: GordonHowe

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
nemec is a righty and is not really anything like those guys. he's a #2 overall pick with an enormous ceiling.
he's not being traded. holtz or maybe kevin bahl would be in play for ullmark.

Any chance Carolina would move Jarvis for Ullmark?

33 Goals last season and only 22.

RFA right now.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad