Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’ll wait to see but that is pretty ominous and why you need a new set of eyes and opinions on this staff. You have Pasta, then a few rungs below a 36 year old Marchand. That’s it for primary scoring. Coyle and Zacha are a nice compliment, at least regular season wise but come on. Plus they are losing more than likely their best secondary scorer and top 3 playoff forward in DeBrusk. So you need to replace him and still need a primary and secondary guy

Add 2 legit top 6 forwards
Jake DeBrusk or a replacement

Nothing less will be enough to contend next year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'd throw 8-9 at him as a 70ish point, 30g center is nothing to scoff at. But you have to wonder how much he benefits from playing behind a center of Barkov's caliber? Whereas in Boston he would be the guy.

We're not talking 8-9 per year though, the post said $10 million. Is he really a center though? He was 5th on Florida in FO taken this year at 530 FO. Stenlund was #4 with 835 FO taken. Reinhart's winning% was 44.2% which was worst among their regular faceoff guys. To me he's more of a RW than he is a center.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’ll wait to see but that is pretty ominous and why you need a new set of eyes and opinions on this staff. You have Pasta, then a few rungs below a 36 year old Marchand. That’s it for primary scoring. Coyle and Zacha are a nice compliment, at least regular season wise but come on. Plus they are losing more than likely their best secondary scorer and top 3 playoff forward in DeBrusk. So you need to replace him and still need a primary and secondary guy

The need that 2nd A-level forward to take Marchand's place in the hierarchy below Pastrnak but above the rest of the forward group. Who knows what happens to Marchand after next year.
2 legit top 6 forwards

Really it's a top line forward, and a 2nd line forward.

This is a perfect storm really. Big raise in cap, mediocre UFA class, and a Bruin team with a willingness to spend but no clear cut answers as to what to spend it on. Pretty much every single brand-name forward available has a question mark attached to them.

If one thinks he will still be a productive player as he gets older, Marchessault might be their best bet if Vegas moves on. I usually balk at signing older UFAs but his game is all between the ears sort of like a Joe Pavelski. Dynamic goal scorer, not just a one or two trick pony.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
This season he set career high's in.....

Goals - 57 (33 was his previous best)
Points - 94 (82 was his previous best)
PP Goals - 27 (16 as his previous best)
Shooting% - 24.9% (19.2% was his previous best)

$10 million for a guy who likely comes back down earth next season to a 30-35 Goals / 35-40 Assist / 65-75 Point guy seems like a lot.

Its kind of like how RNH popped off for 104 points, but had played at a 66pt pace the 3 previous season.....this year he put up 67 points
You might be right but he is dominate in the playoffs Let’s say he is a point a game player. What is that worth? No assets given up but cap space. Lindholms 65 points 7.5 mil?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I will ask @Gee Wally . I don't like the self promo stuff
yes you totally need you
You might be right but he is dominate in the playoffs Let’s say he is a point a game player. What is that worth? No assets given up but cap space. Lindholms 65 points 7.5 mil?
Get both Lindholm and Domi. Domi has been impressive.

Lindholm in 40 playoff games between 2018 and 2024
G = 13
A = 14
Avg ice time = 20
+/- = -7
Points = 27
F/O playoffs 62%, 51%, 55%, 51%

Domi in 50 playoff games between 2019 and 2024
G =7
A = 19
Avg ice time = 14
+/- = +2
Points = 26
F/O playoffs 51%, 50%, 56%, 66%

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The need that 2nd A-level forward to take Marchand's place in the hierarchy below Pastrnak but above the rest of the forward group. Who knows what happens to Marchand after next year.

This is a perfect storm really. Big raise in cap, mediocre UFA class, and a Bruin team with a willingness to spend but no clear cut answers as to what to spend it on. Pretty much every single brand-name forward available has a question mark attached to them.

If one thinks he will still be a productive player as he gets older, Marchessault might be their best bet if Vegas moves on. I usually balk at signing older UFAs but his game is all between the ears sort of like a Joe Pavelski. Dynamic goal scorer, not just a one or two trick pony.

I can’t see how the fan base will be okay with anything short of:

Lindholm or Stephenson for line 1

And
Two more out of:

JDB, Monahan, Guentzel, Marchessault, Toffoli

(Or Necas via trade)

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

And
Two more out of:

(Or Necas via trade)
Bruins are looking for speed.

So:

Stephenson
Marsh to play with March

Necas

Domi

Playoff production
Lindholm 40 games 27 pts
Reinhart 46 games 29pts

Who would cost more an by how much?
Domi would cost way less... in 50 playoff games between 2019 and 2024
G =7
A = 19
Avg ice time = 14
+/- = +2
Points = 26
F/O playoffs 51%, 50%, 56%, 66%

Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Add 2 legit top 6 forwards

I'm not sure if they will be able to fill all the spots this year, but it will be a big start

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

And
Two more out of:

(Or Necas via trade)

For me....

1 of Primary forward - Stamkos, Marchessault, Guentzel, or Reinhart

1 of Secondary forwards - Lindholm, Monahan, Stephenson, Debrusk, Teravainen, Toffoli, or Duchene,

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Depends on if a team sees him as a center or winger. He'd get more if a team sees him as a center. The thing with Lindholm is its 65 points + 55 FO% + Selke level defense. He's finish top 10 in Selke voting in 3 of the last 5 seasons.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
what about the following goal scoring leaders KHL?

RkNameAgePosGPGAPPIM+/-PPGSHGGWGG/GPA/GPP/GP
CA
Reid Boucher30F64443478342219280.6880.5311.219
CA
Nikolai Goldobin28F67374178201014030.5520.6121.164
CA
Kirill Pilipenko27F62323062141212140.5160.4841.000
CA
Maxim Tsyplakov25F6531164735126460.4770.2460.723

He'd be worth way less too. Maybe he figures it out someday, but I don't want Boston pinning much hope on it.
He doesn't seem to stay with one team for very long...perhaps maturity thing. I was just impressed with his play style against bruins. At times he was the best player on the ice. I still say get #1 center and add Domi as Debrusk replacement.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
He's like 5-10, don't you know people here won't like that.
Almost 200 pounds tho. He’s built to play.
I wanted Barabanov at the deadline. Reminds me of Lauko but better head and hands.
Wish he was moved just to see how he would have played outside of SJ, even if it wasn’t Boston. He wasn’t on my radar then.

This what a SJ fan said around the TDL:

Barabanov is a good skater and great play mover, but isn't a single threat on his own. Last year he played really well with Karlsson, both in using his skating to get open for passes and to draw in defenders before making a deft pass. He's good in the corners and a safe player to have holding the puck.

That's why I call him a play mover - he doesn't make the plays or kill them, he just keeps them going for the better

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

And
Two more out of:

(Or Necas via trade)

That's between 18-22 million locked up in 3 players for 5+ years with NMC and NTC clauses thrown in. And that's before you deal with Swayman

Plus it assumes that 3 of the top 12 or so FA available this summer all decide they want to spend the next half decade of their life here . Especially where JDB is the only person with any ties to the org. Plus Lindholm a bit with friendship with Pasta

I think your expectations are completely out of line with what reality is going to be.

most guys on you list will have 10 or more offers, many from teams who have more cap space than the Bruins

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Almost 200 pounds tho. He’s built to play.

Wish he was moved just to see how he would have played outside of SJ, even if it wasn’t Boston. He wasn’t on my radar then.

This what a SJ fan said around the TDL:

Barabanov is a good skater and great play mover, but isn't a single threat on his own. Last year he played really well with Karlsson, both in using his skating to get open for passes and to draw in defenders before making a deft pass. He's good in the corners and a safe player to have holding the puck.

That's why I call him a play mover - he doesn't make the plays or kill them, he just keeps them going for the better

Would probably be a guy who would work with Monty as the coach where he likes to shuffle the lines frequently. A guy who won't hurt any line.

Reactions: CellyHard

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Could have said the same thing about Marc Savard back in 2006 when he was 29 years old and the Bruins signed him.

Could have. If you look at Savard though he was playing at a 95pt pace in the NHL his last season before that breakout 97pt season. If we were to take the 7.08% cap hit deal Savard signed and convert it to the upcoming cap, you're looking at 7yr / $6.2 million deal for Reinhart.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Could have. If you look at Savard though he was playing at a 95pt pace in the NHL his last season before that breakout 97pt season. If we were to take the 7.08% cap hit deal Savard signed and convert it to the upcoming cap, you're looking at 7yr / $6.2 million deal for Reinhart.
Risk/reward I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad