Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
This season he set career high's in.....

Goals - 57 (33 was his previous best)
Points - 94 (82 was his previous best)
PP Goals - 27 (16 as his previous best)
Shooting% - 24.9% (19.2% was his previous best)

$10 million for a guy who likely comes back down earth next season to a 30-35 Goals / 35-40 Assist / 65-75 Point guy seems like a lot.

Its kind of like how RNH popped off for 104 points, but had played at a 66pt pace the 3 previous season.....this year he put up 67 points
Reinhart is a very good player but this year was an anomaly and he will get paid like it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Poitras looked fine at the NHL level this year, but we're talking about sending him to Providence with him being a year older now? I just don't see it.

Major injury, likely more depth up front this year, a lot of time missed last year.

I won’t say it’s a slam dunk that he’s in Providence at the start, but I also wouldn’t be surprised.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

July 1 portends to be a busy day for the Bruins in Brighton, with the front office hunkering down at the club’s Guest Street headquarters for the start of NHL free agency, and members of the coaching and player personnel staffs overseeing the start of a four-day development camp for young prospects.

The UFA market, currently with headliners such as Sam Reinhart (Florida), Elias Lindholm (Vancouver), Chris Tanev (Dallas), and Bruins winger Jake DeBrusk, officially opens at noon that day.

In last week’s end-of-season press conference at TD Garden, general manager Don Sweeney said he expected to be aggressive in the open-market bidding. Now on the GM job for nine years, Sweeney identified a desire to increase the Bruins’ secondary scoring.

Development camp, which had its beginnings here some 15-plus years ago under the watch of then-GM Peter Chiarelli, likely will include a couple of the kids chosen in the upcoming draft (June 28-29) in Las Vegas. A smattering of players from past drafts, along with a limited number of undrafted invitees, undoubtedly will be part of the mix. Players typically range in age from 18-21.

Reactions: TCB

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Poitras looked fine at the NHL level this year, but we're talking about sending him to Providence with him being a year older now? I just don't see it.
Just because he is a year older does not mean he is NHL ready, he loss quite a bit of learning time last year, I do not think some AHL time would hurt his development, I also want to see how he holds up of a full season in the pros.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom, is there a thread on here where you post when you’re doing your next podcast. Just wanted to know because I love listening to them on my commute but I find out about them much later? Sorry if this has already been asked.

Good for you guys. 1000 people is no joke.
I will ask @Gee Wally . I don't like the self promo stuff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Just because he is a year older does not mean he is NHL ready, he loss quite a bit of learning time last year, I do not think some AHL time would hurt his development, I also want to see how he holds up of a full season in the pros.
I mean he was clearly NHL ready last fall? He hurt his shoulder he didn't have back surgery. He's very unlikely to regress and much more likely to come in in better shape and ready to go.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I mean he was clearly NHL ready last fall? He hurt his shoulder he didn't have back surgery. He's very unlikely to regress and much more likely to come in in better shape and ready to go.
He started out great, but he had problems as the season wore on, there is still some question that he is capable of holding up for a whole NHL season, talent aside he might be better served in the AHL to prove his worth.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Why would Reinhart not re-sign in Florida?
He almost certainly will, the only chance I can see of it not happening is if Florida chooses to let him walk cause they have a lot of other guys they need to pay soon. Montour is a UFA this offseason as well, Lundell is an RFA in need of a pay bump, and next offseason they need to pay Bennett and Verhaege.

I think the likely outcome is that Reinhart re-signs at something team friendly like 9.5mil though.

Reactions: HustleB and Dr Hook

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
How about Alexander Barabanov? First year in SJ he was on track for 40+ points, 50+ in his second year and then this year…bad. He battled some injuries as well but the talent level on that sharks team just cratered, especially with Hertl hurt most of the year.

He’s definitely more of a complimentary top six forward but he’s probably going to be a cheap signing. He wants playoff hockey bad. He’s got really good speed and edge work that Sweeney is looking for. One thing that sticks out the most to me is the vision and IQ. Doesn’t panic with the puck. Headsy type of guy.

Can’t have everyone getting paid the big bucks. Think he would be a good Heinen replacement that can kind of bounce around and be the guy that compliments better players on a more structured team. I think of how Duclair got out and clicked in TB. Could be a sneaky signing

Reactions: Gordoff

False Start

May 8, 2018
How about Alexander Barabanov? First year in SJ he was on track for 40+ points, 50+ in his second year and then this year…bad. He battled some injuries as well but the talent level on that sharks team just cratered, especially with Hertl hurt most of the year.

He’s definitely more of a complimentary top six forward but he’s probably going to be a cheap signing. He wants playoff hockey bad. He’s got really good speed and edge work that Sweeney is looking for. One thing that sticks out the most to me is the vision and IQ. Doesn’t panic with the puck. Headsy type of guy.

Can’t have everyone getting paid the big bucks. Think he would be a good Heinen replacement that can kind of bounce around and be the guy that compliments better players on a more structured team. I think of how Duclair got out and clicked in TB. Could be a sneaky signing
He's like 5-10, don't you know people here won't like that.

• Haha
Reactions: CellyHard

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I wanted Barabanov at the deadline. Reminds me of Lauko but better head and hands.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I pulled this from the Heinen thread but it belongs here:

“I have to be able to find some players that can come in and provide secondary scoring for us at key opportune times,” the general manager admitted last week, per Shinzawa.

Secondary scoring. I must of missed where all the primary scoring was coming from.

Sounds like Sweeney is going to do exactly what you don't want your GM to do on July 1st, overpay with $$$$ and term for B-level forwards. Fluto basically rules out chasing any of the top goal scorers in free agency. Don Sweeney and his army of 15 goal, 40 point guys.
I’ll wait to see but that is pretty ominous and why you need a new set of eyes and opinions on this staff. You have Pasta, then a few rungs below a 36 year old Marchand. That’s it for primary scoring. Coyle and Zacha are a nice compliment, at least regular season wise but come on. Plus they are losing more than likely their best secondary scorer and top 3 playoff forward in DeBrusk. So you need to replace him and still need a primary and secondary guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad