Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I'm not advocating Domi becomes the bruin #1 or #2 center but a winger who can win draws. He's a warrior come playoff time and had himself a decent year in TO. I can see Marchand pushing for Domi.
I thought Domi was great in the Toronto series

My #1 choice is Lindholm at center but something tells me Domi wouldn’t be a bad fallback

His playmaking with Pasta could be a really good match

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

My #1 choice is Lindholm at center but something tells me Domi wouldn’t be a bad fallback

He was great in the series but he didn’t even hit double digit goals in 80 games this year on one of the most high octane offenses in the league.

He’d be a great third line get near his current cap hit but anything over 4.5m you’ll be disappointed.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Absent them going balls out for Skjei, I don’t see why we’re messing with the top 4. I think Wotherspoon-Peeke is a bad idea long term and since Wotherspoon can play both sides, a third pair add makes a lot of sense. You could bump Lohrei down but again other than some top tier add (which would seem to be overkill), I think the kid is ready and we should let him cook.

The problem was scoring, and along with that struggling to get the puck out. Lohrei helped with that a lot and will only get better. I know everyone wants THUMP for the third pair but if we’re going to roll Peeke I’d like to see someone with more offensive instincts next to him.

Invest up front.
See you and I disagree fundamentally on what needs to be done. I want more offense from the defense. And I want more ass-kick.

Trading Carlo in this light isn't nonsense. It isn't throw your hands in the air and shout about how stupid everyone is drivel like you like to claim.

It's a difference of opinion.

You may be happy with a defense that rolls over when challenged on the forecheck and provides little in the way of offense. There is certainly a structure to the blueline right now that can be very stifling and frustrating to play against and you're likely looking at compromising things by shuffling priority. More mistakes will be made if the makeup changes.

But I think it's required. I think we've seen THIS and it doesn't work. And I think the structure will help mitigate some of the volitality that would ensue.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
See you and I disagree fundamentally on what needs to be done. I want more offense from the defense. And I want more ass-kick.

Trading Carlo in this light isn't nonsense. It isn't throw your hands in the air and shout about how stupid everyone is drivel like you like to claim.

It's a difference of opinion.

You may be happy with a defense that rolls over when challenged on the forecheck and provides little in the way of offense. There is certainly a structure to the blueline right now that can be very stifling and frustrating to play against and you're likely looking at compromising things by shuffling priority. More mistakes will be made if the makeup changes.

But I think it's required. I think we've seen THIS and it doesn't work. And I think the structure will help mitigate some of the volitality that would ensue.
It is nonsense though. He’s an elite shutdown defenseman making less than $1.5M more than Andrew Peeke for 3 more years. And he’s a huge part of the leadership group. He was the Bruins best defenseman in the playoffs this year.

Reactions: khanomcat

Mr. Make-Believe

It is nonsense though. He’s an elite shutdown defenseman making less than $1.5M more than Andrew Peeke for 3 more years. And he’s a huge part of the leadership group. He was the Bruins best defenseman in the playoffs this year.
I'm aware that Carlo is good. I'm aware of what he does well.

I'm also aware of what he lacks.

You continually make no effort to engage with what is actually being said.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm aware that Carlo is good. I'm aware of what he does well.

I'm also aware of what he lacks.

You continually make no effort to engage with what is actually being said.
You asked me a question and I answered in a multi-paragraph reply. How is that not engaging?

The best thing I can say about the trade Carlo discourse is at least it’s not the trade McAvoy discourse from a week or so ago.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Not really.

He wouldn't have to put DAL, VAN, NAS or SEA because they are set in goal. There are some other ones that could be argued as well.
Maybe. But the way Dom described it on the podcast is the NTC is for geographic reasons, not strategic. Which leads me to believe it's just the WC teams. Give it a listen.

Mr. Make-Believe

You asked me a question and I answered in a multi-paragraph reply. How is that not engaging?

The best thing I can say about the trade Carlo discourse is at least it’s not the trade McAvoy discourse from a week or so ago.
Running back the same defense and expecting a better result is absolute nonsense.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

If the Bruins miss out on Lindholm and Stephenson, Bertuzzi or Domi would be a good fallback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

What is with the Sesame Street obsession?

I'm not advocating Domi becomes the bruin #1 or #2 center but a winger who can win draws. He's a warrior come playoff time and had himself a decent year in TO. I can see Marchand pushing for Domi.

If the Bruins were looking for a depth points producer, Max Domi is one of the more solid names the Eastern Conference offers. He’s almost always good for just over a half-point per game output, and Domi’s ability to create scoring chances raises his value and should help teams overlook his inconsistent goal-scoring record.

He’s also someone who can more than handle taking faceoffs, something that has recently turned into a strength. Over the past two seasons in Chicago, Dallas, and Toronto, Domi has a respectable 52.75 faceoff win percentage, something the Bruins can use after a season that saw them win just 49.5 percent of their draws.

One player the Bruins can steal from the Atlantic Division in NHL free agency
Hasn't he been through multiple clubs? Red flag?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Bold trade here, but what about this:

Swayman, Freddy, & Lysell for Brady Tkatchuk.

Is that enough for Ottawa to consider? Young franchise goalie, similar but downgrade player in Freddy, top offensive prospect we can offer. Feel like we'd probably have to add another piece but I wouldn't add much more.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Sign: Lindholm, Zadorov, Olivier, Swayman
Trade for: Necas
Let everyone else walk or trade for picks

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle Necas
Geekie Frederic Poitras
Brazeau Beecher Olivier
Kuntar

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke
Wotherspoon

SkullKing

Dec 20, 2020

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle Necas
Geekie Frederic Poitras
Brazeau Beecher Olivier
Kuntar

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke
Wotherspoon
Cap hit might be too much too have all 4 of Zadarov, Lindholm Necas and Swayman. Zadarov I think is the odd man out there. I'd like to have Necas, but it depends how much he's asking for.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Chychron (an upgrade on Carlo)

They play different sides.

I like Chychrun a lot and have said he should have been the target over Lindholm even with a little bit more cost, but he is ass on his off side. Asks sens fans

And they are two different types of dmen. I’m not getting the straight up comparison you are making. I’d want Chychrun out when down a goal late, I’d want Carlo out when up a goal.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle Necas
Geekie Frederic Poitras
Brazeau Beecher Olivier
Kuntar

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke
Wotherspoon

Not counting Olivier your likely looking at 27 million annually for 4 player, and all locked up for 6-7 years, probably all with a solid set of NMCs fr the next 5 years

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
He was great in the series but he didn’t even hit double digit goals in 80 games this year on one of the most high octane offenses in the league.

He’d be a great third line get near his current cap hit but anything over 4.5m you’ll be disappointed.
A third line center that didn't see one second of short handed ice time? How the hell did he manage that?

Our lost love, Bert, accomplished the same feat.

Did the Leafs have to blindfold them during penalty kills, lest their mere observation of a PK contaminate the defenders?

Regardless, "He played well for the Leafs in the playoffs" isn't the league's highest bar.

Reactions: MarchysNoseKnows

Bad Bruin

Feb 25, 2024
I reside in Nostalgia
Running back the same defense and expecting a better result is absolute nonsense.
My suggestion is to move Lindholm in a package rather than Carlo.
I definitely agree that the defence requires a tweak but Carlo provides a better presence defensively than Lindholm does which makes the difference in my opinion.
Lindholm is neither a shutdown or offensive d’man. I don’t dislike him it’s just that he’s too vanilla…

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I know a lot of focus has been on what the Bruins can do to obtain player X and Y via trade or free agency, but man, it's hard to not see Poitras make the team next season.

I hope you’re right about Poitras, but I have doubts. I wonder if he needs a full season in Providence to see what he can actually offer at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad