Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I was dismissing the Stamkos and Reinhart possibilities. Perhaps I shouldn’t. I think Marchessault would be a bigger number than we’d like at his age but that would be a hell of a swing. I’ll be surprised if he leaves too.

I think Marchessault on one line, Pasta on the other, Machessault bumper PP1, would work real well.

I think he, like Stamkos and Reinhart, would much prefer to stay in where he is. You never know with Vegas, those guys are ruthless.

I guess if not Guentzel they might be looking at Toffoli, Teravainen. Sean Monahan is a both a center and scored 7th most goals among all UFAs he seems like a target. There isn't much more available goal scoring wise makes a Debrusk extension look more palatable. I assume they'll pursue Lindholm.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I just don't see a massive difference between Ullmark and Stuart Skinner. And they have the Jack Campbell contract still on the books.

It's like the Carolina talk. Carolina already has an "Ullmark" in Freddie Andersen.

To me, it's Detroit, NJ, LA, Ottawa, and Toronto who will be the teams going hard after goaltenders this off-season. And a dark horse......Pittsburgh. I don't think they are satisfied with Jarry after last year and may look for someone to pair up with him. I'd happily take Marcus Petterson off their hands for Ullmark (both UFA next year).
I get for some reason you don’t want to believe Ullmark to Carolina but just so you know the most reputable journalist in the hockey community confirmed they had discussions at the trade deadline…

The Ullmark to Carolina talk is most definitely real and possible

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I see two options in free agency to replace Carlo. Montour and Pesce. And if the Bruins strike out there, now what?

Honestly if they are willing to move Carlo, forget Martin Necas and call TO about Mitch Marner. Could be Larsson for Hall version 2.0.

Do people really want to move on from Carlo, especially after a strong season?

He's 27. He makes a relatively modest $4.1 million annually and is signed through 2026-27 season.

After so many concussions, I have been wary in the past. But if -- if -- he can stay healthy, he's a very good to excellent stay at home defenseman.

Do some want two nickels for a dime, ala Sinden?

He's a bargain, folks. Leave well enough alone.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
How many playoff series has Ullmark won?

Skinner has won 3 in two years. Andersen has 2 in the past two years and 4 overall.
I know Andersen is like 0-8 in close outs with their season on the line or something, I’m sure they’d be willing to gamble on Linus over him

If you had to pick between the 3 who would you rather have? If the answer is Ullmark (like it should be, it’s the obvious choice imo) then boom that’s why those 2 teams might be interested in acquiring him despite having a goalie in place

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Do people really want to move on from Carlo, especially after a strong season?

He's 27. He makes a relatively modest $4.1 million annually and is signed through 2026-27 season.

After so many concussions, I have been wary in the past. But if -- if -- he can stay healthy, he's a very good to excellent stay at home defenseman.

Do some want two nickels for a dime, ala Sinden?

He's a bargain, folks. Leave well enough alone.
I’m only moving if in a package for a superior player, there’s no situation where id move him for futures/inferior players

Exactly so why are Carolina or Edmonton interested in ol' Linus?
Because he’s still a better goalie than what they have

Not that I think Linus waives for Edmonton

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m only moving if in a package for a superior player, there’s no situation where id move him for futures/inferior players

Because he’s a better goalie than them.

He is. By how much though? In my opinion, not a whole lot. And that's not me knocking Linus, I think all 3 guys are solid netminders. Andersen's biggest question is health but they also have a terrific back-up.

Reactions: CDJ

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if he would waive for a club willing to sign him to an extension?

They'll get more value for him if he's willing to extend with his new club. I don't know how much that would change his mind about a team on his list.

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I want Necas more than just about anyone on here, but he's not a center and I'm not trading Brandon Carlo for him.
Would you trade Hampus for Necas?

I see two options in free agency to replace Carlo. Montour and Pesce. And if the Bruins strike out there, now what?

Honestly if they are willing to move Carlo, forget Martin Necas and call TO about Mitch Marner. Could be Larsson for Hall version 2.0.
I would want Nylander for Carlo, forget Marner.

• Love
Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
It seem many of the learned hockey commentators are better at sniping and wiping, yet to fall from swollen eyes, tears from their self inflicted wounds. You still haven’t proposed a thing. Math is fun when you apply it to problems but not when used to profess unearned superiority.

Unearned superiority? Please. I politely stated multiple times that your cap calculations were wrong. You said I’m not creative and that I can do the math for you. I did.

I’ve made my opinion on what I think they should do well known. I’ve had great debates with people I agree and disagree with. Even with DKH who I never agree with ;) BUT I respect a ton.

My issue with your posts all along is that it’s not based in reality because the proposals you made would far exceed the cap. Time for a new take.

Reactions: HustleB and Bodit9

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yes and he and Pasta are good friends, if we could find a way through trades to offset cap space and get both Necas and one of Nylander or B. Tkachuk, that would set up our top 6 for a while.

Problem is I think the Leafs realize now who the better playoff player is (Nylander).

Even Marner for all the talk about the Leafs busting up the Core 4, I'll believe it when I see it. I think a Marner trade will be incredibly hard to pull off for the Leafs if they want a good return back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ok I`ve decided,

B`s getting Stevenson , Teravainen up front, Tanev or Zadorev on back end, case closed and if there`s a few sprinkles of bucks left over after signing them and Sway, grab Lomberg too

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I just don't see a massive difference between Ullmark and Stuart Skinner. And they have the Jack Campbell contract still on the books.

It's like the Carolina talk. Carolina already has an "Ullmark" in Freddie Andersen.

To me, it's Detroit, NJ, LA, Ottawa, and Toronto who will be the teams going hard after goaltenders this off-season. And a dark horse......Pittsburgh. I don't think they are satisfied with Jarry after last year and may look for someone to pair up with him. I'd happily take Marcus Petterson off their hands for Ullmark (both UFA next year).

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm not advocating Domi becomes the bruin #1 or #2 center but a winger who can win draws. He's a warrior come playoff time and had himself a decent year in TO. I can see Marchand pushing for Domi.

If the Bruins were looking for a depth points producer, Max Domi is one of the more solid names the Eastern Conference offers. He’s almost always good for just over a half-point per game output, and Domi’s ability to create scoring chances raises his value and should help teams overlook his inconsistent goal-scoring record.

He’s also someone who can more than handle taking faceoffs, something that has recently turned into a strength. Over the past two seasons in Chicago, Dallas, and Toronto, Domi has a respectable 52.75 faceoff win percentage, something the Bruins can use after a season that saw them win just 49.5 percent of their draws.

One player the Bruins can steal from the Atlantic Division in NHL free agency

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I'm not advocating Domi becomes the bruin #1 or #2 center but a winger who can win draws. He's a warrior come playoff time and had himself a decent year in TO. I can see Marchand pushing for Domi.

If the Bruins were looking for a depth points producer, Max Domi is one of the more solid names the Eastern Conference offers. He’s almost always good for just over a half-point per game output, and Domi’s ability to create scoring chances raises his value and should help teams overlook his inconsistent goal-scoring record.

He’s also someone who can more than handle taking faceoffs, something that has recently turned into a strength. Over the past two seasons in Chicago, Dallas, and Toronto, Domi has a respectable 52.75 faceoff win percentage, something the Bruins can use after a season that saw them win just 49.5 percent of their draws.

One player the Bruins can steal from the Atlantic Division in NHL free agency

I like Domi. But from what I read he’s looking for a payday and if we think Debrusk is infuriating, Domi is just as bad.

Reactions: Blowfish

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Supposedly he wants to stay on the east coast, per Dom. So with that info, I assume he has all the west coast teams on his no trade list. Which could explain why it is 16 teams, all WC teams. Obviously we don't know for sure.
Not really.

He wouldn't have to put DAL, VAN, NAS or SEA because they are set in goal. There are some other ones that could be argued as well.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I don't know man...you have a RHD PK1 making $4M a year who can get absolutely buried and yet you still score almost 60% of the goals 5v5 when he's on the ice, and you want to consider trading him? Why? RHD is the hardest position to fill save netminder, and we have an excellent one. I just don't get it.
It's not difficult to understand if account for a potential replacement. If you don't have that replacement, obviously he stays.

But if you're attempting to improve the makeup of your top four, something has to go to make room.

Is it your assertion that nothing requires change on the blueline? If not, what do you suggest?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It's not difficult to understand if account for a potential replacement. If you don't have that replacement, obviously he stays.

But if you're attempting to improve the makeup of your top four, something has to go to make room.

Is it your assertion that nothing requires change on the blueline? If not, what do you suggest?
Absent them going balls out for Skjei, I don’t see why we’re messing with the top 4. I think Wotherspoon-Peeke is a bad idea long term and since Wotherspoon can play both sides, a third pair add makes a lot of sense. You could bump Lohrei down but again other than some top tier add (which would seem to be overkill), I think the kid is ready and we should let him cook.

The problem was scoring, and along with that struggling to get the puck out. Lohrei helped with that a lot and will only get better. I know everyone wants THUMP for the third pair but if we’re going to roll Peeke I’d like to see someone with more offensive instincts next to him.

Invest up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad