Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I hope you’re right about Poitras, but I have doubts. I wonder if he needs a full season in Providence to see what he can actually offer at the NHL level.
I hope so too!

His strength may not be at the NHL level, but he's such a smart player and does all of the little things right. We'll see if he wins a spot at camp, but I think the moves the Bruins make this offseason will be made with Poitras' future on the team kept in mind.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
im thinking hes Huberdau 2.0
Not for me to much grit

Not happening. Nor Stamkos.

No thanks to Bertuzzi as well. Not that helpful offensively and bad defensively.

Plus, burned his bridge here.

Probably not. But if there is a chance we should be all over it.

Reactions: JOKER 192

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I hope so too!

His strength may not be at the NHL level, but he's such a smart player and does all of the little things right. We'll see if he wins a spot at camp, but I think the moves the Bruins make this offseason will be made with Poitras' future on the team kept in mind.
Personally I think he is very much the type of center the Bruins need. I am not saying he will be ready to step into that role next year, but that does not mean he will not in the future.

Reactions: lopey

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Personally I think he is very much the type of center the Bruins need. I am not saying he will be ready to step into that role next year, but that does not mean he will not in the future.
I think (hope) he could step in and Center a line of Marchand and DeBrusk (if resigned ) next year. He will come into camp much stronger. Still need a #1 center

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I know a lot of focus has been on what the Bruins can do to obtain player X and Y via trade or free agency, but man, it's hard to not see Poitras make the team next season.

On Dom’s podcast the other day he suggested that Poitras might be best served starting in Providence.

Obviously he could also blow everyone away and win a spot, but I’m not opposed to him spending a solid 1/2 year in the AHL.

He won’t turn 21 until March. No need to rush things this year, as the AHL is an option.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
On Dom’s podcast the other day he suggested that Poitras might be best served starting in Providence.

Obviously he could also blow everyone away and win a spot, but I’m not opposed to him spending a solid 1/2 year in the AHL.

He won’t turn 21 until March. No need to rush things this year, as the AHL is an option.
Got to think he would have seen stretches in the AHL last year if they could - along the lines of Lorehi's experience.

Feb 25, 2016
They play different sides.

I like Chychrun a lot and have said he should have been the target over Lindholm even with a little bit more cost, but he is ass on his off side. Asks sens fans

And they are two different types of dmen. I’m not getting the straight up comparison you are making. I’d want Chychrun out when down a goal late, I’d want Carlo out when up a goal.
I don't dispute that at all, but, I don't think he can't be trained to play off his normal side, and, even if he can't he is still an upgrade over Carlo. By making his off-side play it also is saying all the other D-men on the Bruins couldn't play off their "favored" side.
I put Carlo and Ullmark together in a trade to the Senators as an incentive for Chychrun and their 1st round pick at #7. Bruins don't pick until the lunch pail time, #122.

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I wouldn't put anything past this kid. Heart of a lion.

Once I see him training this offseason, I will have a better idea what to expect. Key is how much off season training he can do

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I wouldn't put anything past this kid. Heart of a lion.

Once I see him training this offseason, I will have a better idea what to expect. Key is how much off season training he can do

It’s always great to hear good things about a players makeup/attitude because as fans we don't have the access to find those things out for ourselves.

Great podcast the other day, BTW.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I don't dispute that at all, but, I don't think he can't be trained to play off his normal side, and, even if he can't he is still an upgrade over Carlo. By making his off-side play it also is saying all the other D-men on the Bruins couldn't play off their "favored" side.
I put Carlo and Ullmark together in a trade to the Senators as an incentive for Chychrun and their 1st round pick at #7. Bruins don't pick until the lunch pail time, #122.

It’s not just “training”. I’m not going to deeper on that as you seem to be handwaving that as if it’s not a huge deal.

The handedness also matters.

There’s no way in hell that Chychrun on his off side is an improvement over Carlo. No shot.

Ideally you’d want a Chychrun-Carlo pairing. Two skillsets that would complement each other

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Thanks. 1000 people showed up live!

Dom, is there a thread on here where you post when you’re doing your next podcast. Just wanted to know because I love listening to them on my commute but I find out about them much later? Sorry if this has already been asked.

Good for you guys. 1000 people is no joke.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’d pay Reinhart10 mil.

This season he set career high's in.....

Goals - 57 (33 was his previous best)
Points - 94 (82 was his previous best)
PP Goals - 27 (16 as his previous best)
Shooting% - 24.9% (19.2% was his previous best)

$10 million for a guy who likely comes back down earth next season to a 30-35 Goals / 35-40 Assist / 65-75 Point guy seems like a lot.

Its kind of like how RNH popped off for 104 points, but had played at a 66pt pace the 3 previous season.....this year he put up 67 points

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
This is like a Twilight Zone episode
2024-2025 season
Bruins have a bunch of cap money to spend and their 2025 First Round pick

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
This season he set career high's in.....

Goals - 57 (33 was his previous best)
Points - 94 (82 was his previous best)
PP Goals - 27 (16 as his previous best)
Shooting% - 24.9% (19.2% was his previous best)

$10 million for a guy who likely comes back down earth next season to a 30-35 Goals / 35-40 Assist / 65-75 Point guy seems like a lot.

Its kind of like how RNH popped off for 104 points, but had played at a 66pt pace the 3 previous season.....this year he put up 67 points

I'd throw 8-9 at him as a 70ish point, 30g center is nothing to scoff at. But you have to wonder how much he benefits from playing behind a center of Barkov's caliber? Whereas in Boston he would be the guy.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I'd rather see the B's carefully address their needs over the next 2 years than see them try to force a bunch of moves with limited options over this summer alone
Could not agree more. If the player and position is there, great. If not, hold the cash and be one of the teams with room to move come TDL or even next season.

I am optimistic about what we saw this season from our younger players. But IMO we are not a serious Cup contender next year. However, this transition period won't be as rough as I feared two years ago -- we could come out of this very well. But patience. No square pegs in round holes.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Also need to account for Reilly buyout and Lucic bonus. ~ 1.9 million total.

Grrrrrr..... I forgot about that.

I'd like to stick Lucic's bonus down his throat. The more time passes, the more I'm angry at him.

Life is complicated, but this part is not: Treat your wife with respect and don't physically or verbally assault your children's mother.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

One of the most gifted skaters in the NHL, Necas ranked in the 97th percentile of NHL players in top skating speed last season and was in the 99th percentile of speed bursts over 20 miles per hour, according to the NHL EDGE puck and player tracker data.

Necas’ wheels allow him to be a game-changer in transition, especially when it comes to crafting easy zone entries for his team.

But that speed also gives him the ability to do damage on the forecheck and put opposing skaters on their heels, with the Czech forward recording 124 points (52 goals, 72 assists) over the last two seasons (159 games).

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It seem many of the learned hockey commentators are better at sniping and wiping, yet to fall from swollen eyes, tears from their self inflicted wounds. You still haven’t proposed a thing. Math is fun when you apply it to problems but not when used to profess unearned superiority.
My my, you silver tongued lethario. Not sure I agree with your proposed trades but I do find myself in danger of commencing to get the vapors on account of your sweet prose.

Please excuse me while I retrieve a hanky and softly dab at my dewy eyelids (it' probably just all this damn pollen, but I'm willing to give you credit nonetheless).

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
My my, you silver tongued lethario. Not sure I agree with your proposed trades but I do find myself in danger of commencing to get the vapors on account of your sweet prose.

Please excuse me while I retrieve a hanky and softly dab at my dewy eyelids (it' probably just all this damn pollen, but I'm willing to give you credit nonetheless).

i'd prolly marry you

Reactions: khanomcat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad