Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My expectation is Ullmark is dealt for a top 15 pick in ‘24 and a very good prospect who starts in Providence. We use the pick on a D and use the cap to sign Lindholm. Thats it.

If they do that and give Swayman and Lindholm something like 15/16 combined, they’d still have 9 or 10 million in cap space left (maybe 5-7 million depending on what they give Boqvist and or Heinen).

I’d rather they do what you said, then let Heinen and Boqvist walk and use the extra cash on 1-2 other FA’s.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
There’s talk that they’ll move Necas.

If they had Ullmark maybe they’re still playing right now.
I believe the Necas talk comes via him suggesting he wants out of Carolina. I doubt they'd be considering the move without that.

We've heard no such thing about Jarvis.

On that note... God damn do I ever love Seth Jarvis.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My expectation is Ullmark is dealt for a top 15 pick in ‘24 and a very good prospect who starts in Providence. We use the pick on a D and use the cap to sign Lindholm. Thats it.

If they do that and give Swayman and Lindholm something like 15/16 combined, they’d still have 9 or 10 million in cap space left (maybe 5-7 million depending on what they give Boqvist and or Heinen).

I’d rather they do what you said, then let Heinen and Boqvist walk and use the extra cash on 1-2 other FA’s.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I believe the Necas talk comes via him suggesting he wants out of Carolina. I doubt they'd be considering the move without that.

Maybe…just find it silly how underrated goalies are.

Shesterkin is keeping NYR in it right now.

Carolina is out in large part due to goaltending.

Dallas wins, Otter will be a huge part of it.

Edmonton loses, Skinner will probably be a huge part of that.

Yes, mediocre goalies have won cups.

But also, goaltenders have been a huge part in winning cups.

Goal scoring wasn’t an issue for Carolina, they scored about 3.5 per game.

Andersons’s .895/2.62 was

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Recently watched a video that rumored the Ottawa Senators want to trade for Ullmark.

I'd be interested if the #7 pick is involved. Less interested if they want to dump a big salary player and the #25 pick. What do you guys think?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Maybe…just find it silly how underrated goalies are.

Shesterkin is keeping NYR in it right now.

Carolina is out in large part due to goaltending.

Dallas wins, Otter will be a huge part of it.

Edmonton loses, Skinner will probably be a huge part of that.

Yes, mediocre goalies have won cups.

But also, goaltenders have been a huge part in winning cups.

Goal scoring wasn’t an issue for Carolina, they scored about 3.5 per game.

Andersons’s .895/2.62 was
Couldn't agree more, sarge. Seems like an afterthought for so many talented clubs and 9/10 it sinks them come playoff time.

Bad strategy.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
this guy epitomizes local beat writers with 0 insight or inside information and just regurgitating information everyone else sees on twitter

no shit the bruins want a first round pick
I like Ty Anderson.

At least he holds Sweeney somewhat accountable as a beat writer and occasional columnist.

You can't say that about a good many of his media brethren.

If you are at all interested, I direct you to Bruins Rinkside podcasts Poke The Bear and Bruins Beat.

There, you will find the affable, knowledgeable Evan Marinofsky and Conor Ryan, with occasional guests like Anderson.

Ed Note: No Spittin' Chicklets, Felger & Mazz garbage.

Give it a go.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Couldn't agree more, sarge. Seems like an afterthought for so many talented clubs and 9/10 it sinks them come playoff time.

Bad strategy.
I don't understand it either, since goaltending is, or should be, the number one priority for any team.

But it seems many general managers think solid goaltending is either not that important, or they can get a guy off the street for cheap.

There are some examples of very good Stanley Cup teams that win without stellar goaltending. I'm not sure what that says but I'd rather have a Cheevers, Thomas, Rask, or Swayman.

No sense to me.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think it’s almost certain Carolina tries to make a change at goalie but there’s no way they’re giving up Jarvis to do it.

Probably not, but you never know how things will play out.

If their Plan A, B and C fall apart and they’re left with the possibility of having to rely on Anderson again, maybe they bite the bullet and do something in July they never expected to do in May.

Every year moves happen that people feel is dumb for one team or the other.

This year will not be an exception.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011

Martin Necas to the Bruins?

A Czech setting up a Czech on the 1st line? Count me as intrigued.

They were teammates together on the World Championship winning roster so there might already be built-in chemistry there?

Roster link: https://www.iihf.com/pdf/902/ihm9020cze_33_5_1

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Probably not, but you never know how things will play out.

If their Plan A, B and C fall apart and they’re left with the possibility of having to rely on Anderson again, maybe they bite the bullet and do something in July they never expected to do in May.

Every year moves happen that people feel is dumb for one team or the other.

This year will not be an exception.
I mean ok. But a 33 goal scorer at age 22, as you said?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I mean ok. But a 33 goal scorer at age 22, as you said?

I’m not guaranteeing it or anything.

But deals do get expanded.

Ask Carolina right now if they could start the playoffs over with Ullmark in net, but no Jarvis or roll the dice again with Anderson and Jarvis and see what they’d say,

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
We're not talking 8-9 per year though, the post said $10 million. Is he really a center though? He was 5th on Florida in FO taken this year at 530 FO. Stenlund was #4 with 835 FO taken. Reinhart's winning% was 44.2% which was worst among their regular faceoff guys. To me he's more of a RW than he is a center.

I want one player this off season. I would over pay for Martin Pospisil. Guy is tough and been a scorer at all levels. Instant fan favourite.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I’m not guaranteeing it or anything.

But deals do get expanded.

Ask Carolina right now if they could start the playoffs over with Ullmark in net, but no Jarvis or roll the dice again with Anderson and Jarvis and see what they’d say,
Ullmark's career playoff numbers in Boston over 3 seasons:

10 games, .887% 3.59 GAA 3 wins, 6 losses

Frederik Andersen's numbers this year are still better than Ullmark's career numbers:
.895 2.62

But Andersen's career numbers are much better than Ullmark's
.914 2.46 38 wins, 30 losses

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Ullmark's career playoff numbers in Boston over 3 seasons:

10 games, .887% 3.59 GAA 3 wins, 6 losses

Frederik Andersen's numbers this year are still better than Ullmark's career numbers:
.895 2.62

But Andersen's career numbers are much better than Ullmark's
.914 2.46 38 wins, 30 losses

I get it, but Ullmark was injured a bit here and did win a Vezina.

Nothing is guaranteed, but going forward, I’d hitch my wagon to Ullmark over Anderson 100/100.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Recently watched a video that rumored the Ottawa Senators want to trade for Ullmark.

I'd be interested if the #7 pick is involved. Less interested if they want to dump a big salary player and the #25 pick. What do you guys think?
Depends on the player. I would be surprised if Ullmark got a first round pick much less a top 10. No hate on Ullmark, I just don't see a goalie going for that much, hope I am wrong.

If it is Ottawa I really like Ridly Greig

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Donny is decent at trades not so decent at FA signings (a few exceptions)....so I'm hoping a trade brings in the pieces we want ... Carolina doesn't have a history of losing trades from my recollection ...so if we want one of their prize pieces expect that we are paying a steep price which mean Ullmark + .... Carolina might not be a realistic trading partner IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad