Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Couple moves I'd consider making this offseason:

1. Morgan Geekie for Jake Middleton- We need a nasty SOB on our backend and Middleton fits the bill perfectly. Geekie is a cheap top 9 for Minny who needs them as they are cap crunched with the buyouts of Suter/Parise. Geekie's 3RW spot should/could be filled by Lysell/Brazeau this season.

2. Linus Ullmark for Martin Necas- Deal makes a ton of sense for both sides.

3. Jakub Lauko for Matt Olivier- Perfect guy to add to our 4th line, tough as nails and can play a regular shift as well. Better suited for 4th line duties vs Lauko. Tougher than Maroon and addresses the speed factor, Maroon is too slow

4. Sign Lindholm 7x7

5. Sign Swayman 7x7

6. Re-sign Danton Heinen 2 years 1.5 mill, Jesper Boqvist 2 years 1.0 mill, Bussi 2 years 1.0 mill

7. Poitras starts in Providence, he'll be up I imagine before American Thanksgiving.

Zacha-Necas-Pasta (Give Necas a shot at playing Center)
Marchy-Lindholm-Lysell (Sink or swim time for this kid, gets two A+ defensive forwards to play with)
Frederic-Coyle-Brazeau (One heavy ass 3rd line)
Olivier-Beecher-Heinen (has the feels of a Merlot Line, speed, size, toughness, scoring potential)
Poitras/Boqvist

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Middleton-Peeke (nasty 3rd pair to be rolling out, take some PK time away from the big boys)
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
nemec is a righty and is not really anything like those guys. he's a #2 overall pick with an enormous ceiling.
he's not being traded. holtz or maybe kevin bahl would be in play for ullmark.
Thanks for the correction, I went off of what little I could find of him with the Devils this season. So not much.

Any chance Carolina would move Jarvis for Ullmark?

33 Goals last season and only 22.

RFA right now.
They are very high on Jarvis. It would be like us trading Poitras. I very much doubt it.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
The + with Pastrnak is I think his playstyle will benefit him in terms of longevity.
Interesting. I see it opposite. He throws the body a lot for a skill guy, is not afraid to take a hit, and is always willing to get dirty in puck battles.

Back to off season moves, I bet Lindhiolm is signed to a 7 year contract and it looks bad in year 3.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Interesting. I see it opposite. He throws the body a lot for a skill guy, is not afraid to take a hit, and is always willing to get dirty in puck battles.

Back to off season moves, I bet Lindhiolm is signed to a 7 year contract and it looks bad in year 3.

The fact that the cap is reportedly going up pretty significantly, coupled with his faceoff and defensive abilities makes me worry less than I would otherwise.

Most agree that Coyle is a good 3C, even if he is a little overpaid.

4/5 years from now, maybe Lindholm is that slightly overpaid 3C.

But hopefully for the next 3/4 years he’s the 1C that this team needs while Pasta and Zacha are firmly in their prime.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
On July 1st, pay out the 1 million signing bonus then trade Ullmark to Carolina with extension agreed to for Kochketkov and their 2025 2nd round pick.

Extend Swayman 8 x 8.

50/32 split between Kochketkov (32) and Swayman (50) in regular season. Swayman in the playoffs. Goaltending position locked in for 3 years at 10 million per. Still arguably the best tandem in the game.

Deal Bussi for later round pick in future draft to recoup an asset rather than loss on waivers in October.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I’d still be interested in PLD at 50% retention for Ullmark.

I would like to think our system would benefit him coupled with a strong leadership group.

It’s a gamble for the Bs since it would come at the expense of signing Lindholm or acquiring Necas but a motivated PLD is better than both and could be the #1 center we are looking for the next decade.

To me any of the guys mentioned Necas/Lindholm are gambles in their own right.

Lindholm is probably the safest option, but also has the lowest ceiling and is the oldest.

Necas can always fall back to wing if being a center doesn’t work out.

Reactions: GoBs

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

1. Morgan Geekie for Jake Middleton- We need a nasty SOB on our backend and Middleton fits the bill perfectly. Geekie is a cheap top 9 for Minny who needs them as they are cap crunched with the buyouts of Suter/Parise. Geekie's 3RW spot should/could be filled by Lysell/Brazeau this season.

3. Jakub Lauko for Matt Olivier- Perfect guy to add to our 4th line, tough as nails and can play a regular shift as well. Better suited for 4th line duties vs Lauko. Tougher than Maroon and addresses the speed factor, Maroon is too slow

4. Sign Lindholm 7x7

5. Sign Swayman 7x7

6. Re-sign Danton Heinen 2 years 1.5 mill, Jesper Boqvist 2 years 1.0 mill, Bussi 2 years 1.0 mill

7. Poitras starts in Providence, he'll be up I imagine before American Thanksgiving.

Marchy-Lindholm-Lysell (Sink or swim time for this kid, gets two A+ defensive forwards to play with)
Olivier-Beecher-Heinen (has the feels of a Merlot Line, speed, size, toughness, scoring potential)
Poitras/Boqvist

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Middleton-Peeke (nasty 3rd pair to be rolling out, take some PK time away from the big boys)
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi
If you try I am sure you can get a Middleton type without giving up Geekie, and that is not that I am against Middleton. Geekie is 26 , had a career year and has played up and down the lineup, more important to this team than a Heinen.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
On July 1st, pay out the 1 million signing bonus then trade Ullmark to Carolina with extension agreed to for Kochketkov and their 2025 2nd round pick.

Extend Swayman 8 x 8.

50/32 split between Kochketkov (32) and Swayman (50) in regular season. Swayman in the playoffs. Goaltending position locked in for 3 years at 10 million per. Still arguably the best tandem in the game.

Deal Bussi for later round pick in future draft to recoup an asset rather than loss on waivers in October.

love your stuff in general but this is eww

Reactions: bbfan419

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

Extend Swayman 8 x 8.

I don't like this deal for two reasons:
1) we are not getting an everyday player in return that will help us next year.
2) Bussi has been labelled can't miss and NHL ready, lets give Essensa a chance to work his magic with him. If we trade Bussi now, the most I can see us getting is a 4th round pick...we only got a third for Vladar and his stats in the AHL were better vs Bussi.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
love your stuff in general but this is eww

I didn't think it would go over well but its a far more realistic of a return than what I've seen proposed thus far. The alternative is just take the (late) 1st rounder instead of a 2nd and forget Kochketkov but I'm a big fan of him and his contract. I'd prefer 2025 picks over 2024 picks whether that is a 1st or 2nd.

2) Bussi has been labelled can't miss and NHL ready, lets give Essensa a chance to work his magic with him. If we trade Bussi now, the most I can see us getting is a 4th round pick...we only got a third for Vladar and his stats in the AHL were better vs Bussi.

I don't think you are getting an everyday player(skater) for Ullmark anyways. Maybe Chychrun but that's only because he's a UFA next summer too and Ottawa probably knows deep down he ain't re-signing. UFA for UFA deal. All this talk of guys like Necas, Jarvis, Pinto, Holloway, Mercer, etc. etc. are pipe dreams IMO. If it's an everyday player it's going to be a young guy with some question marks. Alexander Holtz in New Jersey would be an example.

Kochketkov is younger, more proven, and right now better than Bussi.

If they can get a 3rd or 4th for Bussi, a guy signed out of the NCAA as a free agent two years ago, thats a great return on investment.

This boards expectations for a Ullmark trade are far too high and my guess is most will be disappointed with the eventual return if he's dealt.

Reactions: HustleB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’d still be interested in PLD at 50% retention for Ullmark.

I would like to think our system would benefit him coupled with a strong leadership group.

It’s a gamble for the Bs since it would come at the expense of signing Lindholm or acquiring Necas but a motivated PLD is better than both and could be the #1 center we are looking for the next decade.

To me any of the guys mentioned Necas/Lindholm are gambles in their own right.

Lindholm is probably the safest option, but also has the lowest ceiling and is the oldest.

Necas can always fall back to wing if being a center doesn’t work out.

Wouldn't it be a massive red flag if LAK was willing to eat nearly $30 million in real money and have $4.25 million in dead cap for 7 years. Especially considering gave up a decent sized package for him a year ago?

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Have to give to get, good player with a good contract to fill a hole. Middleton can play anywhere on the left side from first pair to third. Solid defensively and tough. Perfect fit for a Bruins need.

Minnesota is in no position to trade a defenseman without getting one back.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Wouldn't it be a massive red flag if LAK was willing to eat nearly $30 million in real money and have $4.25 million in dead cap for 7 years. Especially considering gave up a decent sized package for him a year ago?
There is also the potential he gets bought out come end of June. Yes it’s a red flag and big gamble but #1c don’t come around often or ever so to me it’s worth the risk.

I don’t know why they traded for him in the first place LAK seem to have some good centers in their system and need to resign Byfield in the coming years.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Nobody has labeled Bussi a can't miss prospect. He is a 26 year old player who hasn't played a game in the NHL. I do think he has a chance to be a good NHL goalie .

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

4. Sign Lindholm 7x7

5. Sign Swayman 7x7

Poitras/Boqvist

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi
I like this lineup; the only issue I see is that Ullmark alone does not return someone of Necas' caliber.

Reactions: Guelph Bruin

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Watching him go through the motions at the recent World Championships was stomach-turning. The Bruins fans would turn on him within a month. I didn't see him skate hard one single time. No doubt he has talent. In interviews he says the right things, sounds like he cares but then you see the lack of effort and you realize he's all talk.

Sometimes lazy can be fixed but when you combine lazy with selfish, good luck.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There is also the potential he gets bought out come end of June. Yes it’s a red flag and big gamble but #1c don’t come around often or ever so to me it’s worth the risk.

I don’t know why they traded for him in the first place LAK seem to have some good centers in their system and need to resign Byfield in the coming years.

Buying him out will cost them something like 1.4 million for 14 years. So I think the retain amount LA would be willing to do is somewhere between, 1.4 and 4 million. I suspect it is probably closer to 2 million than 4 in terms of what they would likely be willing to retain in a trade. That would bring PLD down to the point where he is basically the same price it would likely cost you to bring in Stephenson, and the talent level is significantly above Stephenson (and a good bit less than Lindholm) , but the effort has not been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad