Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If the Bruins got the 10th OA, there are players I would like such as; Iginla and Catton if they fell to that spot. If the Bruins had a later first say mid 20's, I would go for Dean Letourneau, kid is 6'7", 209 lbs center that can skate and put up points, I think he is headed to BU next season.

Reactions: Gordoff and Kegs

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Agreed. The current Bruins base is very strong. They need to add to it with some key additions, like you said. At the forefront, speed/aggression. They need to get faster. They need at least one top 6 player and if DeBrusk leaves, two. Another player for the bottom 6 with grit and can help secondary scoring. Then a guy who can play with McAvoy with jam and who isn't a liability 5v5.
The problem is those additions ideally would need to slot in as the 2nd and 3rd best forwards behind Pasta. Are those players out there? Maybe Lindholm. So Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta. But if your second line is Marchand-Coyle-(Debrusk replacement) it might be fine for the regular season, but is that enough for the playoffs? That winger needs to be an impact player, a decent upgrade on Debrusk to make up for Coyle and Marchand not exactly being the line drivers they once were(well Coyle never was) lol

Reactions: bbfan419

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Ullmark for 10th overall would be a no brainer imo. They handed Vancouver a top 10 pick years back for Cory Schneider and I believe used the pick drafting Horvat

I'm going to say less than 0% chance. -1%

That is, in a 1 for 1 deal for Linus.

If we have to add? Ok.

Also does Linus waive to go there? I guess he could live in a nice suburb or NYC.

Reactions: BBruins and SPV

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm going to say less than 0% chance. -1%

That is, in a 1 for 1 deal for Linus.

If we have to add? Ok.

Also does Linus waive to go there? I guess he could live in a nice suburb or NYC.
He could live in Stamford, close enough to his good friend Sway, and only about an hour to Jersey. His son could play for the junior rangers. 😂

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Such a lame response. Though not unexpected.

Like blaming Harry Sinden for the Bruins having too many men on the ice in 1979.

Such clueless response. Though not unexpected.

The buck stops with Sweeney when it comes to player and coaching personnel.

If he brought in people who couldn’t get the job done, then that’s a failure on his part as an evaluator.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Cayden Lindstrom is worth the risk. Have to imagine that he only needs time to heal/recuperate. Judging him on his first 32 games, he is a top 5 talent - maybe top 4. His game will translate exceptionally well - a potential franchise C!
The knock on him is his hockey IQ, or lack there of

Last edited:

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
So you could maybe see Ullmark\Poitras for #10 only if Lindstrom is available, right?
No. Poitras represents Lindstrom's floor. Ullmark for 10OA. That's the deal. Boston does not have the luxury of trading NHL ready C for futures. Goaltender is a different story.

As for Lindstrom, he could go ahead of 10oa, which is another reason Poitras can't be part of the deal.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
The knock on him is his hockey IQ, or lack there of
We aren't talking about the type of IQ deficit that would prevent him from being a highly impactful top 6 forward. The question is probably whether he will be a 1C or top line W and that is almost always the case for players with his profile. However, the UPSIDE for him to develop into a very special powerful, aggressive 1C is also there. And for me, that's why it's worth the gamble.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I hope we get the 10th overall pick for Ullmark.

I just can’t see a team giving up the 10th pick no matter how bad the draft year is for a goalie who is going into their age 31 season and has his two career high games played as 49 and 41 games.

But hopefully some GM is dumb enough

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I love Linus but....10th OA you have to do it. You have to.
My guess for what its worth, I'm thinking fitz wants a little bit more right now and he has a little bit of leverage, because there's other keepers available, but the closer it gets to Draft-Day and he still hasn't acquired a goalie, he could start feeling those walls closing in on him and one straight up may get the job done.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I hope we get the 10th overall pick for Ullmark.

I just can’t see a team giving up the 10th pick no matter how bad the draft year is for a goalie who is going into their age 31 season and has his two career high games played as 49 and 41 games.

But hopefully some GM is dumb enough

Well, isn't it more a question about supply? Fitzy's options are Markstrom, Saros and Ullmark, basically.

Markstrom is 34 and has one elite season in his career (on a STACKED CGY squad). He has been average over most of his career.

As good/talented as Jusse Saros is, he's 5'11". How do we think he would fair on an Sheldon Keefe coached NJD squad?

Ullmark's longest season (49 games) was also his best. The narrative that he "can't" carry the load might not be shared by GM's. If Swayman didn't exist, Ullmark would have played 55+with Boston.

Ultimately it's going to be about NJD being dead serious about making the playoffs NEXT SEASON. While Ullmark has struggled in the playoffs, he is 3 for 3 in terms of getting Boston to the postseason.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well I am. I am specifically talking about Sweeney’s poor asset management.

Fee free to see your way out of the conversation or just reply to the part of the conversation that you feel applies to whatever you are talking about.
Lol half way through you wanna make it about the Hall trade now, well have fun with that then I'll take it as you realizing your thoughts on the jeannot trade being like the Bertuzzi/Orlov trade are so far off you wanna change the subject.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I guess it depends how you look at it...This group has spent a lot of assets at deadlines to make the team better and to get rid of some bad deals and the net result is zero cups. I think you can have good intentions with the moves and be criticized when it doesn't work.
But what's it mean when a trade "works?" Is the Kaberle trade a good one because
they won the cup even though he was not good here? Can we consider the Thornton trade good because it led to Savard + Chara and a cup? It's all hindsight, but IMO if everyone is happy with the trade like the Bertuzzi and Orlov ones in the moment, how can you go back and say the GM f***ed up? Isn't that on the players at that point?

I just don't get the logic that if you didn't win it didn't work out...where does it stop? Can we really give credit to any Sweeney draft pick, trade or signing at this point if that's the criteria?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad