Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

PS To all the Maroon critics: I get it, but remember, at least part of the slow skating resulted from back surgery. The guy is 35.
First off, he is 36 not 35 and will turn 37 during round one of the 2025 Playoffs. So for starters get basic facts like age straight.

Maybe, maybe if there is some kind if season ending injury to a guy like Lauko
in training camp maybe you offer him a PTO.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
No I consider paying 4th liners and 3rd pairing D like foligno, Mike Reilly and forbort 1/8th of the cap as poor cap management. Which in return forced the bruins to pay bergy/krejci in future cap and trade hall for pennies
I agree with you on his overpayment of those players mentioned, but I also do not believe Krecji should been brought back, should have at least looking for a replacement center at that time instead of kicking the can down the road.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If we took a poll when he got the GM role and it asked “would you view Sweeneys term a failure if after 9 years he only made it pats the 2nd round of the playoffs one time”

The answer would be an overwhelming yes.

If we took a poll when he got the GM role and it asked “would you view Sweeneys term a failure if after 9 years he only made it pats the 2nd round of the playoffs one time”

Not a huge Sweeney fan but expand the question to went to G7 of SCF and won 2 Presidents Trophies and set a win and points record and its not overwhelming.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If the B’s can get 10 overall you pray Lidstrom falls take him and make him rehab himself right away by the brightest the NHL has available. He’s definitely a risk with the recent injuries but a player like that panning out would change everything drastically.
Only way Boston does that if they had multiple picks as in 2015. No way they take that risk. It would require them trading McAvoy and Ullmark + to get say the 7th and 10th picks. How likely are they to do that?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Are you going to mention going to game 7 of the finals one year (and being at home as a favorite) and having the best regular season in NHL history in another? Or making the playoffs 8 straight seasons?

You're framing everything to fit your ridiculous opinion that Sweeney has been a total failure as a GM.

The only problem I have with Sweeney is not being proactive on the Center position. All the rest is just the ups and downs on a GM’s tenure.

Do you honestly think he has not been proactive on centers?

Better no deals than bad ones.

Reactions: Kegs

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Only way Boston does that if they had multiple picks as in 2015. No way they take that risk. It would require them trading McAvoy and Ullmark + to get say the 7th and 10th picks. How likely are they to do that?
Cayden Lindstrom is worth the risk. Have to imagine that he only needs time to heal/recuperate. Judging him on his first 32 games, he is a top 5 talent - maybe top 4. His game will translate exceptionally well - a potential franchise C!

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Chiarelli was fired despite much more success.
Chiarelli had absolutely near prime healthy Chara, prime Rask, Bergeron, Krejci and
Kessel. He hired and fired a coach year 1 and saw his teams underperform in 2010
2012 and 2014 and 2015. He won in 2011 but still had plenty of failings.

For all intents and purposes, G7 2019 against G7 2011 is the difference to you.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ullmark for 10th overall would be a no brainer imo. They handed Vancouver a top 10 pick years back for Cory Schneider and I believe used the pick drafting Horvat

I would rather make the deal for a player who can help next years team, but failing being able to get a top 6 player in a package for him, the 10th pick would be ok. Just as long as Calgary takes iginla at 9 :nod:

Reactions: Oates2Neely

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Cayden Lindstrom is worth the risk. Have to imagine that he only needs time to heal/recuperate. Judging him on his first 32 games, he is a top 5 talent - maybe top 4. His game will translate exceptionally well - a potential franchise C!
So you could maybe see Ullmark\Poitras for #10 only if Lindstrom is available, right?

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I don’t think they are likely to trade Mac nor should they and I agree it’s definitely a huge risk that would likely involve the loss of jobs if it didn’t pan out. With that said this team is clearly missing a dynamo top guy at C more than anything and I’m not sure another path exists to get a legit one that doesn’t involve miraculously lucking out on someone like Drai (looks less likely by the day) or taking a risk in the draft on someone higher up that fell for a potential fixable reason. I don’t see them getting picks 1-7 OA anytime soon the normal way so just looking for creative ways that don’t involve giving Lindholm 9 million a season. I agree even with the 10th pick they likely don’t risk it on Lindstrom but I think he will be a monster if healthy.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think they are likely to trade Mac nor should they and I agree it’s definitely a huge risk that would likely involve the loss of jobs if it didn’t pan out. With that said this team is clearly missing a dynamo top guy at C more than anything and I’m not sure another path exists to get a legit one that doesn’t involve miraculously lucking out on someone like Drai (looks less likely by the day) or taking a risk in the draft on someone higher up that fell for a potential fixable reason. I don’t see them getting picks 1-7 OA anytime soon the normal way so just looking for creative ways that don’t involve giving Lindholm 9 million a season. I agree even with the 10th pick they likely don’t risk it on Lindstrom but I think he will be a monster if healthy.

I think the only way Lindstrom drops to 10 is if the medicals are really bad

Well if you did something like this then you would have to spend one of the picks to get a legitimate #1 defenseman. and i am not trading Charlie for a potential future defenseman. Like I would not deal Charlie for Levshunov, or Silayev, and neither of those would even be available at 7

Reactions: wintersej

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Chiarelli had absolutely near prime healthy Chara, prime Rask, Bergeron, Krejci and
Kessel. He hired and fired a coach year 1 and saw his teams underperform in 2010
2012 and 2014 and 2015. He won in 2011 but still had plenty of failings.

For all intents and purposes, G7 2019 against G7 2011 is the difference to you.

Same amount of years as GM.

Chiarelli teams won 10 playoff series, made it to 2 finals and won a cup.

Sweeney team won 7 playoff series, 1 finals appearance

Chiarelli inherited a 74 point team while Sweeney inherited a 96 point team that set the record for most points by a team to miss the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad