Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
You mean like Sweeney giving up almost two full drafts for 30 games of Bertuzzi, orlov and Hathaway and having nothing to show for it/none of them on the roster anymore?
Yikes man, not even comparable, all time bad post for you

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
What are the thoughts about Tanner Jeannot replacing Lucic/Maroon as the 4th line thumper? Apparently Tampa Bay is looking to move him. He may never replicate his one good year but as a 4th line enforcer/forechecker to replace the old legs the Bruins had for that role, it's not a bad idea if they can figure out how to fit the salary.
Trent Frederic would love it.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Dakota Joshua doesn't fit in a slot where we have space. Ideally he's a third line guy and we're chock full.

He may also be a Beleskey-like risk late-bloomer who bows out early on an AAV too long and too high.

I don't care. I f***ing love him. And regardless of logic or reason, I'd do backflips if he ended up in Boston this offseason.
More likely he ends up back home in Detroit than Boston.

Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What is Trent Frederic's ceiling? 18g and 40pts averaging 13:45 with very little time on the powerplay. Can he be a top 6 RW? What is his future on the Bruins?
I think he'd look guy playing opposite wing of Brad, but they seem content to let him take advantage of his 3rd line matchups.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Frederic in your top 6 odds are u aren't a Cup contender.
I don't agree with the premise. Look at how Florida sets their lines up. Rodrigues in the top 6 this year. Last year it was Cousins.

It's all about playing your role, and if he can do it every game he'd be fine. I'm cool with him on line 3, he plays that role well, just saying I thought he could work playing with Brad setting him up.

Id like a guy his size and skill in the top 6, you could probably do better I'm sure.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't agree with the premise. Look at how Florida sets their lines up. Rodrigues in the top 6 this year. Last year it was Cousins.

It's all about playing your role, and if he can do it every game he'd be fine. I'm cool with him on line 3, he plays that role well, just saying I thought he could work playing with Brad setting him up.

Id like a guy his size and skill in the top 6, you could probably do better I'm sure.
Under certain low odd circumstances yeah its possible. That's why I said odds are. I didn't say under any circumstances.

Frederic still has to a certain degree an issue playing with pace consistently in the PO.
He had a good series against Toronto but not Florida.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
All three of those guys keep us as also rans. two of the three would be healthy scratches on the cup final teams, Coyle would be the fourth line center on Florida
Coyle would be utilized in the Panthers as a 3rd line winger not 4th line center, come on man.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yup just like when he traded less for three players instead of one.

I guess this is what happens when I clear the ignore list. Didn't even make it 24 hours.
Well, he makes more than a fair point and I for one at that time of those trades loved the moves by Sweeney and when the Jeannot trade went down, I thought it was a terrible/desperate deal! GM's are ultimately judged on how deals turn out and not on how they look at the time and unfortunately for Sweeney and the Bruins those deals didn't turn out so well.

I for one also think Sweeney has improved as a GM but you cant deny or disagree with the truth, unless your just turning a blind eye on the facts.

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Coyle would be utilized in the Panthers as a 3rd line winger not 4th line center, come on man.
Come on what? you think third line winger I think fourth line center. You coach your team and I will coach mine, lol :)

I think Coyle stinks but at least Im keeping him in my line up.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Come on what? you think third line winger I think fourth line center. You coach your team and I will coach mine, lol :)

I think Coyle stinks but at least Im keeping him in my line up.
How can you think Coyle stinks? He's an NHLer and a very good one to boot, its not his fault he's been put in a position to play as a Number One, or a Number Two Center without a true number one above him. The guy is a puck possession hound but he needed to be used where he best excels and that's as a third line center and one who has the ability to play up in the line-up when called upon.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Geekie and Heinen I agree with you. Coyle I could see at RW on a 2nd line on Vegas or
Vancouver.

Maybe there.

But for here, if they can develop a lineup where they have a legitimate, effective top 6, Coyle is a great luxury at 3C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad