Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You dont think they will deserve raises so they will walk for Free? You do realize they will both be RFA. I expect both will stay in Boston for around 1 mil for 2-3 years. Maybe if Beecher bursts our next year he could get more , but that seems unlikely

Getting a veteran to replace either will cost more
Getting slower veterans defeats what Neely said at his press conference, getting veterans that are not in on the fore check, can't kill penalties, win faceoffs are not what Neely in Neelys plans.......

Reactions: bbfan419

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yet they went out and acquired a rehabbing Maroon. Sometimes its best to let what they say go in one ear and out the other.
You are probably right, but to complain about the lack of forecheck, and Lauko sits out along with his speed and all around hustle just does not make sense to me, he was not in there for his goalscoring. Beecher,I thought played well and he brought skills to the table like face offs, PK, speed and he also along with Lauko was getting playoff experience. I would have had Boqvist in there, but I am not sure someone said he was hurt.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I want to be on record that I don’t advocate moving Carlo. 27 years old locked up for 3 more seasons at a cap hit of 4.1m, and a right hand shot D… you keep guys like this.

I was pleasantly surprised with Beechers progression. I watched him several times in Providence and he just didn’t look like a guy whose skill would translate. I was wrong. This team needs more young centers not less.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Do I think either are capable of being productive positive fourth liners on a contending team NO. If you can pick up Draft picks for them it could be a positive. Time to move on from both this off season . Next summer both will need new contracts . I do not think at present either have earned a raise on ,next contracts so they will walk for free.

Time to move on from Beecher after his rookie season?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

I would take him, but I'd rather have a first round draft selection. Perhaps even both though I doubt that. The other guy to think about on Ottawa is Shane pinto. And Brady I can't forget the guys how to say his name.

Speech to text at work!

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I would take him, but I'd rather have a first round draft selection. Perhaps even both though I doubt that. The other guy to think about on Ottawa is Shane pinto. And Brady I can't forget the guys how to say his name.

Speech to text at work!

If the best deal we could get would be Chychrun, I'd take it, but I'd look to spin him off to a team desperately in need of D-men :)

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm guessing this is a joke. Like I said, I would take him. But what I would rather have is Brenden Dillon. He would bring a dimension to the back end they are (surprise) sorely lacking.

I think the smile was more I had initially put Utah there as an example.

Yes, if I got Chychrun, I would try to trade the player. And yes, I absolutely would rather have Dillon and his next contract than Chychrun and his

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think the smile was more I had initially put Utah there as an example.

Yes, if I got Chychrun, I would try to trade the player. And yes, I absolutely would rather have Dillon and his next contract than Chychrun and his
Really? Dillon turns 34 in November

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
From the main board:
According to Frank Seravalli and Daily Face Off:

Frank says that Carolina is the team to watch and big moves could be happening this week as they are needing to get the ball rolling on signing some of their UFAs.

"I wouldnt be shocked if Necas is traded before game 1 of Cup Finals"

I would love huge and chaotic trades occurring during the week of the finals. should happen more often!

I guess the fourth period is also reporting Guentzel is testing the market.

would signing guentzel convince Crosby to leave for that team next year? :laugh:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Sign Stephenson, trade Ullmark to Jersey for Haula, Bahl, plus picks. Stephenson, Coyle, Haula, and Beecher isn’t sexy, but it’s deep, grinds, and wins you about 55% of faceoffs a game. Leaves you about 9 million for a top 6 winger and a bottom six muscle.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
You are probably right, but to complain about the lack of forecheck, and Lauko sits out along with his speed and all around hustle just does not make sense to me, he was not in there for his goalscoring. Beecher,I thought played well and he brought skills to the table like face offs, PK, speed and he also along with Lauko was getting playoff experience. I would have had Boqvist in there, but I am not sure someone said he was hurt.
Yeah I do not want Maroon back, don't care that he said he likes it in Boston, the guy is toast. Sure it is great to a have physical presence in the lineup, but he has to be able to skate as well, you can't hit anyone, if you are always late getting there. Look at guys like Sherwood, Joshua, Duhaime, Martinook, Kolesar they all play a gritty game, but are pretty decent skaters as well.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Necas could be moved by Saturday according to Servalli.

Frank Servalli: Yeah I don’t know if motivated is the right word, but I would say I wouldn’t be shocked to see him even moved by Saturday. I think you will see a flurry of activity ahead of the Stanley Cup Final begins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oates2Neely
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad