Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I don’t think Maroon did a lot, but his presence out there was needed. We need a guy like that on the fourth line period. I’m happy to invite him back for the right price next year hoping that more recovery time will get him closer to the productivity he had in Minnesota before the surgery. Where I think he had more points than Beecher, Boqvist, or Lauko in less games.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Can we trade DeBrusk for another UFA we like to get a early jump?

It is possible. . Highly unlikely as you'd need to find another team who has the FA you want who they don't plan on signing, and is interested in signing Debrusk.

Another reason is GM's don't like to look dumb. Say Vancouver knows they are out on Lindholm, and boston is interested, and on the other hand Vancouver . So Boston trades DeBrusk rights for Lindholm. Vancouver signs him for 5x5, Sweeney can't sign Lindholm, and suddenly Sweeney looks worse

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What are the thoughts about Tanner Jeannot replacing Lucic/Maroon as the 4th line thumper? Apparently Tampa Bay is looking to move him. He may never replicate his one good year but as a 4th line enforcer/forechecker to replace the old legs the Bruins had for that role, it's not a bad idea if they can figure out how to fit the salary.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
What are the thoughts about Tanner Jeannot replacing Lucic/Maroon as the 4th line thumper? Apparently Tampa Bay is looking to move him. He may never replicate his one good year but as a 4th line enforcer/forechecker to replace the old legs the Bruins had for that role, it's not a bad idea if they can figure out how to fit the salary.
He's still living off his fluke season (warning for Dakota Joshua) and even with his hitting and fighting he's a net negative.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Can you imagine this place if Sweeney give up a whole draft for him like Tampa did?
Yeah, Sweeney agree or disagree with his moves is never stupid. That was stupid. I know the Hagel deal was along the same lines, it paid off, but this one was crazy. What is the condition on the 2025 1 do you know? As it is, they are giving the 2 this year along w the 3-4-5 last year.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Joshua has been steadily improving the past three years, I think he could continue to improve for another season or two, depends on contract but I would love to add him.

Tanner Jeannot is a great fourth line banger being paid like a mid six forward which he is not. He would be great here with half his contract retained but I can't see Tampa doing Boston any favors. Would love him and Duhaime as 4th line wings for the right price.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
It is possible. . Highly unlikely as you'd need to find another team who has the FA you want who they don't plan on signing, and is interested in signing Debrusk.

Another reason is GM's don't like to look dumb. Say Vancouver knows they are out on Lindholm, and boston is interested, and on the other hand Vancouver . So Boston trades DeBrusk rights for Lindholm. Vancouver signs him for 5x5, Sweeney can't sign Lindholm, and suddenly Sweeney looks worse
I guess but better than just letting him walk no?

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Joshua has been steadily improving the past three years, I think he could continue to improve for another season or two, depends on contract but I would love to add him.

Tanner Jeannot is a great fourth line banger being paid like a mid six forward which he is not. He would be great here with half his contract retained but I can't see Tampa doing Boston any favors. Would love him and Duhaime as 4th line wings for the right price.

Joshua based on accounts sounds like if he leaves Vancouver, he will get low end second line. high end 3rd line money.

He has been improving. He also had the second highest shooting percentage in the NHL this year at over 21%, because he is such a crash the net type I could see him remaining above average, but if he drops to 15%, you are looking at 12/13 goals. . If you give him 3 years 12 million. He'll probably five you 35 goals and 40 assists in 240 games

I guess but better than just letting him walk no?

it is possible but that seems like a long shot combo. I don't see a scenario that works other than Vancouver for Lindstrom, but no idea if Jake really wants to go there, and no idea if Vancouver is willing to give up on resigning Lindstrom (or if they want Jake)

You could also deal him for a pick, most likely 5th round or later

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Dakota Joshua doesn't fit in a slot where we have space. Ideally he's a third line guy and we're chock full.

He may also be a Beleskey-like risk late-bloomer who bows out early on an AAV too long and too high.

I don't care. I f***ing love him. And regardless of logic or reason, I'd do backflips if he ended up in Boston this offseason.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Anyone think Florida’s back to back finals coupled with their team architecture influence Donald or other GMs in terms of moving towards that blueprint?

Be a win for the entire sport if so

Would require too big of a change in personnel

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.

Watched a lot of Joshua this season and would be ecstatic to get him without overpaying . I know the Canucks do no want to lose him and he loves Vancouver

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Martin Necas can play pretty much where he wants - why do an extension with any team when he can go join Eichel, Hertl, and Hanifin in Vegas

Frank’s in the newspaper selling business he has to come up with content

I got him replacing Marchenssault in Vegas

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Anyone think Florida’s back to back finals coupled with their team architecture influence Donald or other GMs in terms of moving towards that blueprint?

Be a win for the entire sport if so
I think teams are missing the boat on Jamie Kompon and Sylvain Lefebvre as head coaches instead of these retreads, The out of the box Bill Zito hire was pretty magnificent as well. They went and got eyes outside of the organization. Tkachuk deal. Montour for a 3. Forsling waivers. Reinhart. Bennett. Verhaege, as a UFA. Best GM in the game right now.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think teams are missing the boat on Jamie Kompon and Sylvain Lefebvre as head coaches instead of these retreads, The out of the box Bill Zito hire was pretty magnificent as well. They went and got eyes outside of the organization. Tkachuk deal. Montour for a 3. Forsling waivers. Reinhart. Bennett. Verhaege, as a UFA. Best GM in the game right now.
He is also super super fortunate as they were dead in games 5, 6, and 7 against Bruins and there was nothing Bill Zito could do but hold his rosary beads

But everything you outlined is bang on

You want to live at the intersection of skill/talent in your profession & good fortune

Add in weather, no taxes, year round golf and no psycho fan base it all adds up

Heck I’d rather play there then for Bruins and obviously I love the team but not sure I’d want all the BS that goes playing in this city- I can come home to live and see fam & friends in off season

Reactions: Cam14b

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Without a doubt, I think the Bruins desperately need two top six additions this summer to go along with Pasta-Zacha-Marchy........depending if it's two centers, then we drop Coyle to 3rd line center duties or play him on the 2nd line as last season.

We also need to get back that identity we had when Chara, Looch, Thornton, Horton, McQuaid, Miller etc were here. We are nasty to play against yet had that high skilled forwards like Savy, Bergy, Marchy, Krejci, Iginla etc. No one is scared of us now and over the last two seasons, we've been pushed around and that's not Bruins hockey. WE need to get back to that balance we had of skill and toughness. I'm not advocating for goon central, just want the opposition to be mildly scared about rolling into the TD Garden

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Martin Necas can play pretty much where he wants - why do an extension with any team when he can go join Eichel, Hertl, and Hanifin in Vegas

Frank’s in the newspaper selling business he has to come up with content

I got him replacing Marchenssault in Vegas
I do like the bruins chances if there is some deal to be worked around ullmark+ as there is an opportunity here to center pasta and he might navigate his way here by refusing to not bridge to UFA anywhere else. I think ullmark+lysell gets it done. But you’re assuming a ullmark has Carolina on his yes list and the canes move Andersen as part of it (here with retention or elsewhere).

They may actually prefer a Carlo centered deal as they are letting pesce and skej walk and need dmen.

I say you go Carlo and necas centered deal, sign DeMelo from WPG and trade ullmark for futures or a LHD that will add offense from the backend (chychrun or someone else).

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
What is Trent Frederic's ceiling? 18g and 40pts averaging 13:45 with very little time on the powerplay. Can he be a top 6 RW? What is his future on the Bruins?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yup just like when he traded less for three players instead of one.

I guess this is what happens when I clear the ignore list. Didn't even make it 24 hours.

Certainly wasn’t less. Bruins traded 1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th for less than 100 combined games between those three players.

And how much value is Sweeney getting out of those trades from 16 months ago and what does he have to show for it today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad