Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
My son would tell me to stay the f*** out of it. And for that, as well as many other things, I’m extremely proud of him.

Can you imagine those of us who have normal jobs having your parents contact HR at our company? What the hell are these people thinking?????

Just the reality of the modern day athletes and their families who hasn’t been told no in his life until they turn professional.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Just the reality of the modern day athletes and their families who hasn’t been told no in his life until they turn professional.
Sucks. Be like telling my son that he’s not smart enough or capable of making his own way in life.

Again, my son is 26 and would be entirely comfortable telling me to stay in my lane, and that makes me happy.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
The Rangers also losing in 6 to the Panthers makes me feel more optimistic about the bruins entering this offseason tbh. By every expectation set at the start of this season this was a transition year. But we still gave the best team in the east a competitive series with 2 road wins despite missing Marchand for like 2.5 games and having freaking Geekie centering the top line at times.

Now we have enough cap space to add (hopefully) multiple legit top 6 players either through trade or free agency, we get Poitras back healthy, and we get another year of development for all the younger guys. Plus we know for a fact Swayman is the kind of player that can step up and be the best goalie in the entire playoffs. Next years team will almost certainly be better then this years team, and maybe by a decent margin too. And that's exciting.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
My son would tell me to stay the f*** out of it. And for that, as well as many other things, I’m extremely proud of him.

Can you imagine those of us who have normal jobs having your parents contact HR at our company? What the hell are these people thinking?????
Last Bruin mom that did this was Craig Janneys when he and Sweeney had their jerseys pulled off them between periods in Quebec for lack of effort.

Not a good comparable

• Wow
Reactions: Bodit9

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Some parents have been like this since I was in little league.

That was a long, long time ago.

That’s fair maybe just an overall athlete/parent of an athlete issue

No trade lists are more common around the league than you seem to think.

This is true, but the Ullmark one will always bother me. His career high in games played were 37,34,20 before coming to the bruins. Giving a NMC to him was a little ridiculous.

Carlo absolutely deserved his though.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Carlo was also literally their best defenseman throughout the playoffs- is entering his prime and is on a sweetheart deal.
Please, in what sense was he their "best" defenseman ? If he was we have big problems. He like everyone of them had moments good not great play.

His prime has been here for a while, what you see is what he is. A good defenseman that's prone to terrible mistakes and brain dead plays that lacks playing the game physically.

His pay is what it should be going forward with the Bruins, he could make a lot more playing somewhere else for a lower end team in the league that he could be the guy for.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

This is true, but the Ullmark one will always bother me. His career high in games played were 37,34,20 before coming to the bruins. Giving a NMC to him was a little ridiculous.

May have been the only way to get him signed.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Please, in what sense was he their "best" defenseman ? If he was we have big problems. He like everyone of them had moments good not great play.

His prime has been here for a while, what you see is what he is. A good defenseman that's prone to terrible mistakes and brain dead plays that lacks playing the game physically.

His pay is what it should be going forward with the Bruins, he could make a lot more playing somewhere else for a lower end team in the league that he could be the guy for.

+4

Best on the team for defensemen.

We all know it's a great stat.

Reactions: Blowfish

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Ullmark has been treated well by the organization to a fault.

He lost us 2 first round series when the mistake to start him over Swayman was made Carolina was not good and Florida last year was down and not as good this year. He was the difference. Also got G2 of the playoffs this year we never put Sway in that early the years we went with Ullmark. After he blocked a deal at the deadline no less. If he doesn't play ball this summer and take a move to a good team that will give him a nice extension it will be lunacy and just hurt the Bruins. I guess it guarantees us some room next summer. He probably wants to protect his stats and knows he can put up good numbers here as the #2 and then sign a retirement deal in UFA. Guess we'll see what happens.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Roughly 1/4 of NHL players have some form of NTC.

But remember more than 1/4 of the league is less than 27 so can't have one. So now you are dealing with over 1/3 of players who are eligible to have one have one.. And if you eliminate all the 1 years players you are probably getting close to 2/3 or more of players who could have ntc have them.

Any player as good as Carlo over 27 likely has one

This needs to be a copy and paste reply to anyone who questions why a player has some form of a NTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad