Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
If you did use Carlo as a trade asset (desired asset, good contract) thoughts on DeMelo from WPG as a UFA pick up?

Just realized that Carlo has a f***ing 10 team no list, jesus donny, do I get one too?

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If you did use Carlo as a trade asset (desired asset, good contract) thoughts on DeMelo from WPG as a UFA pick up?

Just realized that Carlo has a f***ing 10 team no list, jesus donny, do I get one too?
Roughly 1/4 of NHL players have some form of NTC.

But remember more than 1/4 of the league is less than 27 so can't have one. So now you are dealing with over 1/3 of players who are eligible to have one have one.. And if you eliminate all the 1 years players you are probably getting close to 2/3 or more of players who could have ntc have them.

Any player as good as Carlo over 27 likely has one

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Minimum for Swayman I would think is 7M for 6 years, probably longer term and higher aav. 7.5 for 8 years is what i am thinking.

I just noticed this list which has been quite close on some of the recent signings.

They've got him at 5 years x 6.9m

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I just noticed this list which has been quite close on some of the recent signings.

Monahan for 2.9, sign me up.

Not as their big signing, of course.

But if they got Lindholm, JDB or someone for his spot…Monahan at that price would be great value.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Monahan for 2.9, sign me up.

Not as their big signing, of course.

But if they got Lindholm, JDB or someone for his spot…Monahan at that price would be great value.

I think this may have come out around end of February so monahans last couple of months on winnipeg wouldn't have been taken into account.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think this may have come out around end of February so monahans last couple of months on winnipeg wouldn't have been taken into account.

Gotcha.

Still, appreciate the post.

Gives some direction to thinking about what they could do.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Lots of great points in this post. Z as GM is intriguing.

It's late and I moved today.

Z would be a fantastic choice to manage the Bruins.

Chapter and verse at some point,

1717299755658.png

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Please no to chara as a future GM. This organization already has far too many former bruins in front office/coaching/scouting roles. I actually feel like it’s becoming an issue in forming different opinions and bringing in different play styles of players. It seems every year this teams play style mirrors the previous year and they have the same issues.

I would really like them to starting bringing in more outside perspectives.

Understood. And generally, I agree.

Sinden and O'Connell were "insiders." See the record.

Peter Chiarelli was an "outsider." See the record.

"Insiders" Cam Neely and Don Sweeney have had NINE years to figure it out. Apparently, they still seek counsel from Harry.

They blow.

Their head coach is not a head coach.

Jim Montgomery is far better suited to the classic "good cop" assistant role, which would also allow his considerable offensive talent to flourish, as it did in St. Louis.

The Boston Bruins, from roster construction to player personal, are so far away from contending/elite status, so far away from teams like NYR/FLA in mental and physical toughness, it isn't true.

If allowed to do so, this management will run the franchise into the ground as surely as Sinden/OC did, and it will be left to Charlie Jacobs to go outside the organization, again, to find someone with no history here, no association with Sinden, no fealty to the old man, and no reason not to reclaim the DNA of Boston Bruins hockey.

Which is precisely what Peter Chiarelli, Claude Julien, and Zdeno Chara -- outsiders all -- did upon their arrival. Everything else flowed from that commitment, transforming a moribund franchise from a joke to a team Bruins fans could believe in with passion, and which NHL clubs had to reckon with.

They had goaltending. They could defend. They could score. And they'd kick your ass in.

In a word, BBB Redux had swagger.

Do you associate Don Sweeney's Bruins teams, in any way, ever, with "swagger"?

Yes, the league has changed, blah blah blah.

Chapter Two includes the reasons why I believe Zdeno would be a superlative General Manager. Eventually.

He's ultra-competitive. I defy anyone to find a more competitive athlete and individual than Zdeno Chara.

He's a proven winner, Stanley Cup champion and future Hall Of Famer. He played with a broken jaw.

As Captain of the Bruins, he discarded the term "rookie" and its demeaning accoutrements, while simultaneously demanding accountability and the very best from all involved.

At 47, his exercise and nutrition regimen remains meticulous and at the forefront of sports science.

He runs marathons. He speaks seven languages fluently.

HIs diet consists mostly of... Plants and seeds.

By all counts Chara is also a great leader and a good man, the person largely responsible for creating the Bruins' vaunted team "culture," a person active in his community.

Finally, he's one smart motherf*cker.

Smart enough to understand the Bruins as presently constituted lack the necessary mettle to be a truly elite team, and smart enough to look outside TD Garden for better results.

He's not a coach.

He's a GM.

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion,

1717302236944.png

Last edited:

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston

There's a newer version on their site, they revised Swayman down to 6.4 x 5. I think it'll be more.

There are some interesting reclamation projects on there who they don't project to get much more than the minimum, could be next year's Heinen or JVR. They have Heinen getting 2.9x3 which he's earned but I don't think the Bruins should give it to him. There's Kevin Labanc and Alexander Barabanov out of San Jose, Jakub Vrana and Sammy Blais out of St. Louis, Connor Brown in Edmonton, Dominik Kubalik from Ottawa, and of course Derek Forbort who they have at 1yr/1.2m. Brendan Dillon's on there at 2yr/2.8m which isn't bad, but I think they're low on a number of defensemen.

These guys made an interesting point on Reinhart, he was drafted as a center and had some success there in Buffalo but he's been on a lot of center heavy teams. I wonder if he still sees himself as one?

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
There's a newer version on their site, they revised Swayman down to 6.4 x 5. I think it'll be more.

There are some interesting reclamation projects on there who they don't project to get much more than the minimum, could be next year's Heinen or JVR. They have Heinen getting 2.9x3 which he's earned but I don't think the Bruins should give it to him. There's Kevin Labanc and Alexander Barabanov out of San Jose, Jakub Vrana and Sammy Blais out of St. Louis, Connor Brown in Edmonton, Dominik Kubalik from Ottawa, and of course Derek Forbort who they have at 1yr/1.2m. Brendan Dillon's on there at 2yr/2.8m which isn't bad, but I think they're low on a number of defensemen.

These guys made an interesting point on Reinhart, he was drafted as a center and had some success there in Buffalo but he's been on a lot of center heavy teams. I wonder if he still sees himself as one?
Swayman should not be getting anymore than 5.5M, he has been sharing the duties with Ullmark, he hasn't put in Tuuka Rask like workload yet.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Not to mention Carlo injury history with concussions and with the Bruins having a great amount of cap space to help replace Carlo on the back end. Necas for Carlo for me is a no-brainer. some here are acting as if he's Rod Langway, no he's Brandon Carlo a very good NHL defensive defenseman. Necas on the other hand is a game changer, incredible offensive skill that is hard to come by, imo when you have a chance to get a young talented player like that you do it.
Cannot go the Toronto route. Our D needs bolstering, not reducing. Pinned in our end this RS and PO way too much.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying our D is bad. But we ain’t Nashville of 10 years ago. No spare parts we can afford to trade off.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I was going to post something but I wasn't sure if the post is/was actually sarcastic. :laugh:
I was certainly not trying to be sarcastic . It is just inflation. Should Rask's percentage of the salary cap and Swayman's percentage with his new contract be somewhat similar?? Probably. Just trying to say percentage of the salary cap is a better indicator of what is fair

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I was certainly not trying to be sarcastic . It is just inflation. Should Rask's percentage of the salary cap and Swayman's percentage with his new contract be somewhat similar?? Probably
I didn't mean you... Sorry I should have been more clear in that I was just reflecting your viewpoint off of what my first thought was on @bruinsfan1968 post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad