Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
There is no question that Zacha is the superior two-way player and better suited to take on the defensive responsibility of the center position more than Necas. Then the face-off factor.

That being said, I see no reason why it can't be Zacha centering Pasta and Necas as his wingers. And for offensive zone face-offs, Zacha would still take most draws (especially all those on his strong side) but once the puck is dropped, they become F1/F2/F3 until the puck leaves the zone anyways.

That being said, if Necas can drive play on his own, they are probably better off using Necas and Pasta on separate lines most of the time, especially once Marchand hangs them up.

I'm all for going after Necas. I'm not even opposed to trying him at center. I'm just not building my off-season around the idea that Necas is set in stone to be in a 1C or 2C role. I'm not saying you are putting him in that role either, just seems that many people who want Necas, want him for a center position.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Linus Ullmark: The Boston Bruins goaltender could become one of the hottest commodities in the trade market leading up to the draft. Winner of the Vezina Trophy last season, the 30-year-old goaltender lost the starter’s job to Jeremy Swayman. He has a year left on his contract with a $5 million cap hit. Ullmark reminded everyone at his end-of-season interview that he has a no-trade clause for a reason. However, the Los Angeles Kings and Ottawa Senators could be interested.
SPECTOR’S NOTE: Seravalli’s colleague Matt Larkin
included the Kings and Senators on his list of destinations for Ullmark along with the Colorado Avalanche and New Jersey Devils.

New Jersey Hockey Now’s James Nichols
cited a report out of Boston suggesting the Bruins could seek a first-round pick or a player of comparable value. However, Boston Hockey Now’s Jimmy Murphy cited an NHL executive indicating Ullmark’s market value remains unknown, suggesting they could also end up with a third-rounder.

Martin Necas: The 25-year-old forward is a restricted free agent with arbitration rights this summer. He’s made it clear to Hurricanes management that he wants a larger role, which will be impossible with Andrei Svechnikov and Seth Jarvis ahead of him on the depth chart. The Vancouver Canucks are among the teams believed to have indicated their interest in Necas.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: The Athletic’s Fluto Shinzawa
noted a rumor suggesting a straight-up swap of Necas for Ullmark. However, a league executive believes that would be a mistake for the Hurricanes, swapping a 25-year-old RFA whose best seasons remain ahead for a 30-year-old goalie with a year left on his contract whose best years could soon be in his past.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm all for going after Necas. I'm not even opposed to trying him at center. I'm just not building my off-season around the idea that Necas is set in stone to be in a 1C or 2C role. I'm not saying you are putting him in that role either, just seems that many people who want Necas, want him for a center position.

Me either I'd love Necas to be acquired was impressed by his game at the Worlds. But I just want him if he's here to be in the best position to succeed and that may not (even likely not) by playing C.

The one concern is if that is his true desire (to play C and not W) and he's bullish about it, it could be an issue if the coaching staff feel he's not capable or better suited as a winger.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Me either I'd love Necas to be acquired was impressed by his game at the Worlds. But I just want him if he's here to be in the best position to succeed and that may not (even likely not) by playing C.

The one concern is if that is his true desire (to play C and not W) and he's bullish about it, it could be an issue if the coaching staff feel he's not capable or better suited as a winger.

Has Necas said he wants to play center?

After 5 full seasons on wing?

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Ullmark+ for Necas is fair value
Ullmark+ for Mercer is fair value
Ullmark for Chychrun is fair value
Ullmark for Pinto+ is fair value

Personally of the 4 I would do something like Ullmark+Lysell for Necas. I think the Devils would want more added for Mercer and Necas has a higher ceiling than pinto, although getting say a 1st or 2nd back for this draft would be wonderful. Better chance the Bruins improve Carolina (outside the division and no guarantee you play them at all if not until the ECF). Ottawa would have to get rid of Korpisalo as well which would be hard. You could even lower the value of the add by taking Andersen back as the backup for Swayman (with the value of that add changing depending on retention or not.)

does Ullmark+Lysell+25 3rd for Necas+Anderson (25% retained)+24 2nd sound like a solid framework?

And as for Lindholm, hes the best center they will realistically get a chance at signing, and even if hes really a 2c. The bruins technically dont even have that on their roster soooooo.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Anyone else a bit uneasy with the fact that their are a decent amount of teams with more, the same or a bit less cap space than the Bruins? Nothing is guaranteed. Necas and Lindholm may take way more money to play elsewhere. Not going to be too thrilled if we end up with leftovers and get some BS statement about how the pickings were slim and they were close on a few ala back pocket Toffoli.
Here's to hoping Pasta is a persuasive recruiter.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Has Necas said he wants to play center?

After 5 full seasons on wing?

I saw a rumor (headline) that one of the reason Necas wants out of Carolina is he wants to play C as he did before going pro apparently. Other than that, I have no idea. It seems petty to me.

Reactions: dangermike

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I saw a rumor (headline) that one of the reason Necas wants out of Carolina is he wants to play C as he did before going pro apparently. Other than that, I have no idea. It seems petty to me.
I thought it was due to him wanting a larger role but is being road blocked. It would be great if he has desire to be a true centre.

Reactions: capecodder

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Anyone else a bit uneasy with the fact that their are a decent amount of teams with more, the same or a bit less cap space than the Bruins? Nothing is guaranteed. Necas and Lindholm may take way more money to play elsewhere. Not going to be too thrilled if we end up with leftovers and get some BS statement about how the pickings were slim and they were close on a few ala back pocket Toffoli.
Here's to hoping Pasta is a persuasive recruiter.

I wouldn't say uneasy. Boston is a pretty good destination as they're a playoff team with a good young core and great room. If Necas & Lindholm would rather chase the money then so be it.

What does make me uneasy (maybe more intrigued) is Utah. They have $43 million in cap space and 9 picks in the first two rounds between the 2024 & 2025 draft. Add to that some solid young talent from years of high draft picks and they could build a playoff contender rather quick if the new ownership lets them spend to the cap.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
anyone know about the game that Arthur Kaliyev plays? Saw on Twitter (yep, I still call it that) he wants out of LA, 6`2 LHD, seems to have a bit of offence to his game? I dunno

Reactions: Gordoff

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
hmm, yes please, thanks friend, any physicality to his game that you know of?
Nah, not really physical at all. Played pretty limited minutes with LA over the last two post seasons.

I've watched him a bit and you can definitely see the talent there, but it seems they don't trust him for big minutes.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
He wants to play with Zacha and Pasta.
I do think that he would kill for an opportunity to play with Pasta, the best Czech player on the planet. So the Bruins have to plan on throwing him out at Center or putting him with Pasta on PP1. He would be the defacto 2RW right away which is higher on the depth chart that he had in Carolina.

Hes an RFA so much like Thkachuk, he can in a sense weaponize that status much like a NMC/NTC and say Ill only sign long term with these teams. Other teams may be hesitant to bridge him right to UFA.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad