Prospect Info: 2024-2025 In The System: Checkers, Ghost Pirates, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
IMO we have enough "potential bottom 4" D prospects; the problem is the lack of future top pairing guy(s). Obviously someone could surprise and take huge strides forward, but right now, I don't really see anyone with that ceiling.

But if you have a Prospect with the ceiling of a Top 2 or Top 4 Defensman, you mostly don't see them playing in the AHL.

Weegar in his prime time it needed, a lot of steps forward, will and the right time, Coach and System.
Maybe one of our D Prospect make some process in his Years.

Overall every Franchise should have more Prospects then needed. and Top Prospects are needed in every departure.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
North Bay defeated Peterborough 6-2, to find themselves one win away from winning the OHL Eastern Conference Championship, or better known as the Bobby Orr trophy.
Arnsby took a big hit to score a big one-timer goal, the gwg. That's how you play playoff hockey right there!

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Signed officially. Bit confused about timing...why the AHL contract before the NHL deal. Only thing I Can think of is something about game eligibility for AHL Playing time.

His ATO allowed him to try out the AHL without losing his NCAA status, he could have still gone back I believe but not now with his ELC signed.

Maybe on the fence about making the jump? Had a good showing down the stretch in Charlotte.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
His ATO allowed him to try out the AHL without losing his NCAA status, he could have still gone back I believe but not now with his ELC signed.

Maybe on the fence about making the jump? Had a good showing down the stretch in Charlotte.
Not sure about that: I think the NCAA considers ATOs professional contracts

Reactions: Great8Cam

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It literally means Amateur Try Out
My understanding is that the "amateur" refers to the status of the player for which he signs from and not the status afterward (Learning the AHL: Player Contracts - Belleville Senators) Typically PTOs are 25 games, while ATOs vary.

"• It is impermissible for a PSA to receive payment, expenses or educational expenses from a professional or Major Junior (OHL, WHL or QMJHL) team." I think the AHL per diem violates this

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Anyways, my best guess is this: If a player on a NHL contract was not assigned by trade deadline day to the AHL, he is not eligible. An ATO, for some reason, is eligible though, so Florida signed him to an ATO.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
My understanding is that the "amateur" refers to the status of the player for which he signs from and not the status afterward (Learning the AHL: Player Contracts - Belleville Senators) Typically PTOs are 25 games, while ATOs vary.

"• It is impermissible for a PSA to receive payment, expenses or educational expenses from a professional or Major Junior (OHL, WHL or QMJHL) team." I think the AHL per diem violates this
I don't think he gets paid on an ATO, but regardless he signed his ELC do he is leaving college one way or the other.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
Hey guys!

Curious what your expectations for Sourdif are for the future? Didn’t get a chance to really watch him this year, but I followed him a fair bit in the WHL.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Hey guys!

Curious what your expectations for Sourdif are for the future? Didn’t get a chance to really watch him this year, but I followed him a fair bit in the WHL.
I think most of us view him as one of our best forward prospects. He had an unspectacular transition to the pro leagues this year; I was confused why he was scratched so much.

Especially with Hepo and Deni probably leaving this year (either to NHL or new organization), I'd say he should have a clear top 6 role in the AHL club if he is ready for it.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hey guys!

Not going to put a guaranteed top 6 ceiling stamp just yet but the hope is a solid 200ft 2nd line winger who brings work ethic, Swiss army ability to play 5 on 5, PP and PK at some point.
20ish goals and 55ish pts if paired with the right high end linemates.

Even if he tops out as a bottom 6 player, ideally a 3rd liner, he could become a gem IMO, really like his toolbox and effort level game in game out.

A future Luostarinen-Lundell-Sourdif line would be hell to play against, they're all very defensive minded players.

Denisenko, Heponiemi, Hutsko, Sourdif and Samoskevich will likely be fighting for one winger spot in camp next year.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I've been meaning to write this one last Prospect post:

North Bay lost a heartbreaker in game 7 of the OHL Eastern Conference Finals to Peterborough Petes. Arnsby (rd 7, # 214 '22) scored, and finished off a really good year as the captain. I expect him to return to for his final season and Captain of the Battalion once again.
54gp 12g 30pts
PO - 20gp 7g 11pts

The Sarnia Sting lost the OHL Western Conference finals to the London Knights in 6 games. Vilmanis (rd 5, #157 '22) was very good his first year in North America as an overage rookie. I fully expect him to return for a second season in the O.
62gp 20g 45pts
PO - 14gp 4g 7pts

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I've been meaning to write this one last Prospect post:

North Bay lost a heartbreaker in game 7 of the OHL Eastern Conference Finals to Peterborough Petes. Arnsby (rd 7, # 214 '22) scored, and finished off a really good year as the captain. I expect him to return to for his final season and Captain of the Battalion once again.
54gp 12g 30pts
PO - 20gp 7g 11pts

The Sarnia Sting lost the OHL Western Conference finals to the London Knights in 6 games. Vilmanis (rd 5, #157 '22) was very good his first year in North America as an overage rookie. I fully expect him to return for a second season in the O.
62gp 20g 45pts
PO - 14gp 4g 7pts

Are the Panthers playing later than any of the baby Panthers? I think so!

Edit; I was wrong—our ECHL team is still playing!

• Love
Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Are the Panthers playing later than any of the baby Panthers? I think so!

Edit; I was wrong—our ECHL team is still playing!
Florida Everblades lead Jacksonville Icemem 3-0 in South Division finals (2nd round.)
Game 4 is Friday (Go Uens! (rd 4, #105 '20))

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad