Prospect Info: 2024-2025 In The System: Checkers, Ghost Pirates, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'd disagree with you on this one. Especially in Switzerland where import slots are limited but clubs tend to have enough money to hire more imports than they have slots for you pretty quickly find yourself on the outside looking in. Ask Riley Sheahan for example. So no, not even as former NHLer you're automatically a regular in the NL. Sheahan played in the NHL this season yet still wasn't a regular in the NL. Ang didn't play a single game in the NHL yet he was one of the best forwards in the NL this season. In my view he was probably the 2nd best behind only Valtteri Filppula. If he keeps this up he might get NHL offers rather sooner than later. We'll see. That's if the Panthers no longer hold his rights of course.
I know the rule of limited spots, to give the youth and own national players more room to play and developing.
But that has also pro and con. limited slots could mean also less better skill you can learn or mess with.
What in my Point of View would be also good for here other side of the Boarder.

But his AHL was nothing big, also it took him some Time in the SL/NL.
So to be fair he started in the 2nd Swiss League and find something there. That let him score better now in the Swiss NL.

Good for him, but his time here he was more a 2nd Shawn Matthias PFW for 3rd Lines or 4th Lines. When he find his Game now good. If he comes back he has to prove once again in the NHL.

Even J.J.Peterka has to fight years in the AHL to be where he is now.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
What do you see his ceiling as an NHL player. He’s definitely got the tools so I’m curious.

I'm talking has a Habs fan but he gives me Jeff Petry vibes in his good years. He won't be a top pairing defenseman but he will give you good value on a 2nd or a 3rd pairing. A good puck moving defenseman who can do both (offense and defense) well without being dominant in either.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'm talking has a Habs fan but he gives me Jeff Petry vibes in his good years. He won't be a top pairing defenseman but he will give you good value on a 2nd or a 3rd pairing. A good puck moving defenseman who can do both (offense and defense) well without being dominant in either.
That would be fine by me lol.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Anyone know the deal with Gildon? I know the Checkers assigned him to Bakersfield but is this kid still in the plans?

-ghoste

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
You guys are probably busy elsewhere right now but just wanted to say Nause had a monster game again today. Quebec lost 5-years veteran Nico Savoie early in the 2nd period while already missing another defenseman. They played with 4 defensemen for the last 30 minutes and the OT, with Nause getting the most minutes. Huge game defensively for him.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Sarnia beat London 5-3 last night back home at the Hive to cut the series deficit in half, London leads two games to one.
Vilmanis had an assist in the game.

Reactions: PSLguy

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Charlotte fights off elimination tonight, as they beat the Hershey Bears who won game 3 in their best of five series 2-1.
Heponiemi have a nice Breakaway goal for the game winner.

What's the latest take on Hepo? It seems like he's finally grown somewhat comfortable in the AHL, but does he have an NHL future?

Ludvig with the primary assist on Hepo's goal; pretty good season after playing just 19 games over the two years before due to Covid/injury. It might take longer than expected but still have NHL hopes for the guy.

Strong performance by Guzda too, who stopped 21/22; overall, his season has been so-so. Fingers crossed on him too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prominence Problem

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
What's the latest take on Hepo? It seems like he's finally grown somewhat comfortable in the AHL, but does he have an NHL future?

Ludvig with the primary assist on Hepo's goal; pretty good season after playing just 19 games over the two years before due to Covid/injury. It might take longer than expected but still have NHL hopes for the guy.

Strong performance by Guzda too, who stopped 21/22; overall, his season has been so-so. Fingers crossed on him too.

Since Hepo (and Carlsson) passed through the waivers, other teams have minimal interest in him. However, I think that Zito will try to hold on to him but I'm not expecting him to be in the roster at the beginning of next season.

Carlsson probably gets traded á la MacDonald for Toninato and Ludvig gets a bigger role in Charlotte. Perhaps we'll see him with the Panthers in 2025-26 campaign.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
One misconception I believe with Panther prospects, is that they lack defenseman prospects.
I actually think they're in a good place in the AHL right now. Of course you can always use more futures, but as of right now, I find that it's not bad. A good number of prospects.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
One misconception I believe with Panther prospects, is that they lack defenseman prospects.
I actually think they're in a good place in the AHL right now. Of course you can always use more futures, but as of right now, I find that it's not bad. A good number of prospects.
IMO we have enough "potential bottom 4" D prospects; the problem is the lack of future top pairing guy(s). Obviously someone could surprise and take huge strides forward, but right now, I don't really see anyone with that ceiling.

Reactions: GermanPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad