Prospect Info: 2024-2025 In The System: Checkers, Ghost Pirates, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
A good night for a bunch of Panthers prospects:

What a goal by Vilmanis!

Might as well watch it again

Devine is having himself a weekend. One goal and three assists tonight. That makes three goals and four assists this weekend!
I watched the game tonight and he was very noticeable. Really physical for College hockey.

Oh and Benning had this backhand wrap-around Beauty

Krygier had a goal (no highlights)

Muszelik had a 29 save shutout as New Hampshire beat Maine 1-0 in the Border battle.

Haché had an assist

Last edited:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Apparently Serron Noel has started playing again.
call him up and someone tell pomo he's 40 and estaals old linemate

alex auld was an NHL goaltender. not a great or even very good one but he had established himself as an NHLer with some potential when we got him in a trade.

i am happy for lyon and he really did save our ass. but there's a long leap from that short stint to handing him a backup job.

save your effort and let's just agree to a virtual wager, eh?
jonus Johanson....

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
On Monday, Arnsby, Vilmanis, & Haché all had single assist games. The latter two have now had consecutive games with a point.

Yesterday, I bought tickets to watch North Bay at Sarnia on Sunday. I'll get to see Arnsby (rd 7, #214 '22) vs Vilmanis (rd 5, #157 '22).

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
jonus Johanson....

i don't know details of his story before we acquired him but in the time he was followed by panthers fans, he was a #3/4. he had to back up for a stint and got some starts due to injury but he never won the #2 gig here. he went BACK to the avs - sakic a fool? - as a #3/4, too.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i don't know details of his story before we acquired him but in the time he was followed by panthers fans, he was a #3/4. he had to back up for a stint and got some starts due to injury but he never won the #2 gig here. he went BACK to the avs - sakic a fool? - as a #3/4, too.
I don't know now but he's the worst goalie I have seen in an nhl game ..

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
A good night for some Florida Panther prospects, but oddly there is no highlights to share:

Benning had a career high four points, two goals and two assists, as the number 3 Denver beat the number 5 Western Michigan 5-2. Devine also had two assists tonight.

Samoskevich had an assist, as number 4 Michigan tied number 20 Notre Dame 3 all.

Vilmanis had a goal, as Sarnia fell to London 4-3 in the shootout

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Kind of a quiet night for Florida Panther prospects across the OHL and NCAA.

Other than Devine, who continued his hot pace, as he scored in Denver's 3-1 win over Western Michigan in a weekend series sweep to clinch the regular season title in the NCHC conference.
Give him now 10 points in his last 4 games. He has now earned himself playing time on the first Power Play unit.

Not too bad for the fifth last pick of the 2022 draft.

Reactions: iam76

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Kind of a quiet night for Florida Panther prospects across the OHL and NCAA.

Other than Devine, who continued his hot pace, as he scored in Denver's 3-1 win over Western Michigan in a weekend series sweep to clinch the regular season title in the NCHC conference.
Give him now 10 points in his last 4 games. He has now earned himself playing time on the first Power Play unit.

Not too bad for the fifth last pick of the 2022 draft.. meanwhile

he just seems to have what we would want in a 3middle6 ceiling 3/4th liner.. meanwhile... Carlson..

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
On Sunday I went and watched Vilmanis & Arnsby play.

Vilmanis (rd 5, #157) is very interesting. He is tall, even seems taller than the height He's listed at (6'). He is a good skater that has really good defensive awareness. Multiple times in the game he was covering for a D in the offensive zone, or hustling back on his backcheck. The effort is definitely there. His shot is good. The one time he had a nice give and go down low, where he received the puck all alone in front of the opposition's net. The goalie made a nice blocker save to Rob him of a goal. I left in the second intermission, so I missed his assist late in the 3rd. He is an older rookie; if he qualified he would be fourth in rookie scoring this year. I was getting frustrated how little he was being used, but Sarnia has a good team, so it was understandable. I imagine he will be back next year with a way more important role. I think this is definitely a high reward project.

Arnsby (rd 7, #214 '22) didn't really impress me a lot. He is noticeably small at 5'10. He is very defensively responsible, doing majority of the penalty kill, and even being the lone forward on their 5 on 3. Offensively he was always in front of the net. He did a good job in front of the net, as he was even on the power play. Not sure how good he is in front of the net, as he has a smaller frame. I left in the second intermission, so I missed that 3 minutes in the 3rd he got ejected from the game for a Blind Side hit. The game was getting pretty Chippy at the end of the 2nd. I believe he has one more year in North Bay, but I'm unsure how all of that works with players not participating in the covid season. Also, he was quite poor on the face-offs, something like 3 for 11. He is captain of the team, so that's a major plus. Either he returns to North Bay for another season, or I could see him trying out in Charlotte next year, but maybe playing in the Coast.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
TT, my heart goes out to you, as I doubt Zito has any intent of any of these prospects ever playing for the Florida Panthers. Re-title the thread, "Non-NHL Trade Assets"

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
On Sunday I went and watched Vilmanis & Arnsby play.

Vilmanis (rd 5, #157) is very interesting. He is tall, even seems taller than the height He's listed at (6'). He is a good skater that has really good defensive awareness. Multiple times in the game he was covering for a D in the offensive zone, or hustling back on his backcheck. The effort is definitely there. His shot is good. The one time he had a nice give and go down low, where he received the puck all alone in front of the opposition's net. The goalie made a nice blocker save to Rob him of a goal. I left in the second intermission, so I missed his assist late in the 3rd. He is an older rookie; if he qualified he would be fourth in rookie scoring this year. I was getting frustrated how little he was being used, but Sarnia has a good team, so it was understandable. I imagine he will be back next year with a way more important role. I think this is definitely a high reward project.

Arnsby (rd 7, #214 '22) didn't really impress me a lot. He is noticeably small at 5'10. He is very defensively responsible, doing majority of the penalty kill, and even being the lone forward on their 5 on 3. Offensively he was always in front of the net. He did a good job in front of the net, as he was even on the power play. Not sure how good he is in front of the net, as he has a smaller frame. I left in the second intermission, so I missed that 3 minutes in the 3rd he got ejected from the game for a Blind Side hit. The game was getting pretty Chippy at the end of the 2nd. I believe he has one more year in North Bay, but I'm unsure how all of that works with players not participating in the covid season. Also, he was quite poor on the face-offs, something like 3 for 11. He is captain of the team, so that's a major plus. Either he returns to North Bay for another season, or I could see him trying out in Charlotte next year, but maybe playing in the Coast.
Arnsby's ceiling is a Lomberg, maybe lower than that because he's not a great skater either. If he makes it to the show it's likely as an extra forward or the occasional callup. He was drafted for his physical nature and maybe some solid defensive play. He loves to hit and be in the middle of the rough stuff.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
With less than 10 to go in game, Vilmanis scored to tie the game, then Sarnia beat the Soo for the 4-3 win in the shootout.
He now has points in five of his last six games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad