2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Soooooooooo, Alexandrov didn't accept his QO? It's expired now. I wonder what his plan is.

It could be that they've already negotiated another contract and are waiting until tomorrow to announce it.
I thought he had until December 1st? Maybe I have the rules mixed up, but either way I am not too concerned about it. Not sure he will ever be an everyday NHL player.

Edit: Never mind I just looked up the rules, you are correct the offers expire by July 15th if not accepted unless extended by the team in writing. I haven't heard anything one way or the other but I would imagine we would hear something soon.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I thought he had until December 1st? Maybe I have the rules mixed up, but either way I am not too concerned about it. Not sure he will ever be an everyday NHL player.

Edit: Never mind I just looked up the rules, you are correct the offers expire by July 15th if not accepted unless extended by the team in writing. I haven't heard anything one way or the other but I would imagine we would hear something soon.

You were probably thinking of the date where he can no longer sign any deal and will be forced to sit out. That is around Dec.

I think he is also arbitration eligible. I miss cap friendly already, so I am not 100% sure. He might be waiting for arbitration. I'm not sure what he can argue to get much more than his QO though. Maybe we have a deal in place and are waiting to make it official for some weird cap loophole that will save us 50 cents.

Reactions: SirPaste

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Alexandrov is not arbitration eligible. But it’s not remotely surprising he didn’t accept his QO as it almost assuredly was a two-way offer. I’m sure he’s angling for a one-way offer. Or at least a higher AHL salary than what was required.

His only recourse is to hold out, demand a trade or sign somewhere overseas. He has to sign by Dec 15 to play in the NHL yet this season.

My guess is a deal is eventually reached. But he hasn’t shown enough to really demand much in terms of compensation. Nor shown much to likely garner much interest from other teams so a trade demand likely doesn’t carry much weight either. Other teams have their own tweeners.

His best bet is to try to negotiate his contract a bit (like take less but with more guaranteed money), show up to camp and beat out Walker, MacMac, Dvorsky etc and earn a spot. I guess we’ll see what happens.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Alexandrov is not arbitration eligible. But it’s not remotely surprising he didn’t accept his QO as it almost assuredly was a two-way offer. I’m sure he’s angling for a one-way offer. Or at least a higher AHL salary than what was required.

His only recourse is to hold out, demand a trade or sign somewhere overseas. He has to sign by Dec 15 to play in the NHL yet this season.

My guess is a deal is eventually reached. But he hasn’t shown enough to really demand much in terms of compensation. Nor shown much to likely garner much interest from other teams so a trade demand likely doesn’t carry much weight either. Other teams have their own tweeners.

His best bet is to try to negotiate his contract a bit (like take less but with more guaranteed money), show up to camp and beat out Walker, MacMac, Dvorsky etc and earn a spot. I guess we’ll see what happens.
Dec 1

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I thought the arbitration eligibility was 2 years (10 or more games) for 22-23 year olds. Alexandrov is 23 and has 23 and 28 games the last two years. What am I missing? I believe you, just trying to learn.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I thought the arbitration eligibility was 2 years (10 or more games) for 22-23 year olds. Alexandrov is 23 and has 23 and 28 games the last two years. What am I missing? I believe you, just trying to learn.
Because that’s what capfriendly said a week or so ago when I looked it up before it got shut down. :laugh:

Capfriendly said he needed 3 years of service to be arbitration eligible because of his signing age and he only had 2.

There’s a whole chart for that stuff but yeah, I just relied on capfriendly.

• Haha
Reactions: Majorityof1

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
So much for any value in a trade involving Krug.
Now we’ll have to give up assets to move him.

Arthritis is no joke, I have it so bad in my right hip that the only way to regain mobility, lessen the pain is a full hip replacement. My doc straight said it’s my only option but he won’t do the surgery because I’m too young(43) but this was when I was 40. It’s extremely painful if you have it fusing your joints, that definitely explains the lose in lateral movement he’s had the last couple years.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If Parayko goes down, we’ll be drafting in the top 10 again. The D doesn’t look too good even with him.

Reactions: BlueOil

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Best case scenario for the Blues is if we can LTIR him for the remainder of his contract so we don't have to move him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
But that was always going to be the case, so nothing changed?

Did people think we were going to get something in return for him? Any trade would always have to be for future considerations, or for another bad contract, and we would have had to attach an asset anyways. That’s what happens when we give him the contract that we did.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
But that was always going to be the case, so nothing changed?

Did people think we were going to get something in return for him? Any trade would always have to be for future considerations, or for another bad contract, and we would have had to attach an asset anyways. That’s what happens when we give him the contract that we did.
I wasn’t expecting anything of note in return for him, maybe a bad contract for a bad contract? It’s possible that player we get in return would still be serviceable.

Now this smells of a Hayes trade when we give up a top 45 pick to dump cash.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
tried with leterha
Its Lehterä.

no-lets-go.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad