Proposal: To Jets -Easton Cowan to Leafs Cole Perfetti

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Just bad for WPG
Perfetti was a healthy scratch in 4 (the first four before the series was essentially over) of the 5 playoff games vs the Avs last season. He was 22 at the time so not exactly too young to be playing postseason hockey.

Not the greatest sign for his development with that club... seeing they had no faith to put him on the ice when the games mattered most.

I have no idea how GMs value him league wide. His 2023-24 stats were solid with 19 Gs and a +13.

But Winnipeg doesn't value him all that highly if he's not in their playoff plans as a 22 year old coming off a regular season with 71 games played... only to find himself on nacho duty vs the Avs.

No wonder this cat is still unsigned as a RFA.

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Perfetti was a healthy scratch in 4 (the first four before the series was essentially over) of the 5 playoff games vs the Avs last season. He was 22 at the time so not exactly too young to be playing postseason hockey.

Not the greatest sign for his development with that club... seeing they had no faith to put him on the ice when the games mattered most.

I have no idea how GMs value him league wide. His 2023-24 stats were solid with 19 Gs and a +13.

But Winnipeg doesn't value him all that highly if he's not in their playoff plans as a 22 year old coming off a regular season with 71 games played... only to find himself on nacho duty vs the Avs.

No wonder this cat is still unsigned as a RFA.
and the reports that are coming out of winnipeg are really damning... he wants a long term deal...

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
No. The little bit that I've see him play. He was a total floater. Not a line driver.
The question wasn’t whether he was a line driver or not . It was if he played w grit . Pim ish per game over the 2 seasons tells me he’s at least engaged physically ; ( beyond watching him a handful of times ) .

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
The question wasn’t whether he was a line driver or not . It was if he played w grit . Pim ish per game over the 2 seasons tells me he’s at least engaged physically ; ( beyond watching him a handful of times ) .
PM is not a factor of grit. Yap at a Ref and get a couple game misconducts. And you are already at close to 1/3 a penalty minute per game. For a season. Dude is small. 5'10" and 171 lbs. Lots of small guys light up in Jr..

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
PM is not a factor of grit. Yap at a Ref and get a couple game misconducts. And you are already at close to 1/3 a penalty minute per game. For a season. Dude is small. 5'10" and 171 lbs. Lots of small guys light up in Jr..
5 11 185 so while not big im not sure id call him small . He not afraid of contact at all . Will play along the boards and the corners / dirty areas . He’s got lots of skill but to me he’s no shrinking violet . Anyway looks like matter of opinion /semantics here

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
True, but he's not exactly at the top of the Jets' depth chart.

He's not a marginal player, but he's hardly a star either, and he's unsigned.
He’s young w a ton of potential . I think his true breakout is this year. I also like Cowan a lot for the record .. but for this coming season id easily rather Cole

Reactions: bert

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He’s young w a ton of potential . I think his true breakout is this year. I also like Cowan a lot for the record .. but for this coming season id easily rather Cole
If the Leafs had cap space the answer would be a lot different.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Trading for Cole Perfetti the Leafs get their 3rd centre/ future 2nd line centre.

The Jets get Easton Cowan a gritty two way forward who is one of the top prospects outside of the NHL.
Pointless for either team, Jets need their more developed guy more than a 19 year old stuck playing in either the NHL or OHL only, and Cowan is also a Center

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
No one in leaf nation is expecting Cowan to replicate the point production of Marner - that’s Marners thing through and through. He’s a point guy.

Even if Cowan tops out at a 60 point player - it will be enough to offset the loss in points Marner provides, with the the cap savings that the leafs are in need of. Cowan is excellent off the rush, can find the open space out there, and gets to the goal mouth to finish plays. Marner is not that guy, he’s more of a finess guy like Nylander and Matthews (somewhat).

We already have our top wingers in Nylander and Knies; and Domi is excellent on the top line with Matthews.

Marner is becoming redundant in Toronto.
This sounds like a guy who only watches Marner once he crosses the opposing teams blue line.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
This sounds like a guy who only watches Marner once he crosses the opposing teams blue line.

You sound like a guy who needs to run it back another 5-6 times to figure out what you’re looking at.

I’m not here to give you a full breakdown on what Marner is on the leafs.

If you have something to add/debate, I’m all for it. A lot of leaf fans are tired of watching the same juvenile shit Marner was pulling in junior - especially now that Toronto has to pay more of a premium to retain him.

I won’t hold my breath for a non passive-aggressive response as most of the Marner fanboys can’t separate their emotion from having an adult conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad