Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Is it me or nothing is happening? Camp started 2 days ago and nobody is reporting anything on ice. I understand the first day is physical tests but what about yesterday? I'M STARRRVED!!!! GIMME SOMETHING! :cool:
YouTube has interviews with various prospects, videos of certain drills. There is info out there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Image of the Tuch - Xhekaj - Thorpe line from practice yesterday:

1726232425579.png

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I know Cowan doesn't mean much lol but he is convinced 100% the Habs will give a spot to both Mailloux and Hutson on day 1.

That would be increidible. According to him, unless something changes the defense is set as:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Barron/Struble

Reinbacher- Engstrom to Laval to play 20-25 mins, PP and PK.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I know Cowan doesn't mean much lol but he is convinced 100% the Habs will give a spot to both Mailloux and Hutson on day 1.

That would be increidible. According to him, unless something changes the defense is set as:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Barron/Struble

My guess is if Barron hasn't made positive steps during the off season I predict a trade for him.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Barron/Struble

Enough with Guhle on his weak side. He's too young to take that kind of abuse night in and night out.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Barron/Struble

It's certainly a possibility. Going very young like that would be a pretty tall order for the coaching staff and there would inevitably be a few hiccups along the way, but they might just do it anyway. Lots of young talent knocking at the door.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Still find it weird no Dobes or Vekvaneks. Heinemann has more pro experience than Dobes and he’s playing this weekend.
Interesting that they are playing Xhekaj at center. Arber stated in a recent interview that Florian has played center his entire life until his 1st OHL season. A 6'4 left handed center with a mean streak reminds me of Adam Lowry. Dreaming in color for sure!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Tampa Bay then if you prefer.

Pay your stars, get some good drafting, win Cup.
Yep, gotta pay the stars. There should be enough $$ left over but I see some pitfalls to avoid:
- bad contracts / buyouts (edm have $3m on the books. Might have cost them Broberg.)
- depleting draft capital … need that 2nd wave of affordable player coming up through the system. (TB had Point and Sarge. Leafs? Nada)
- loading up on 1 position / similar type of player (TB had Stammer, Vasi, Hedman, Kooch. Leafs? D and goalie neglected)

So far so good with the Habs.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
For me it's clear that it's gonna be Barron and Hutson who are going to stay with the Habs. I'm also convinced Reinbacher will outplay Mailloux in the main camp. Mailloux starts the season in Laval, plays top minutes and is called up before new year, unless Reinbacher is too dominant.

Matheson - Ghule
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah that doesn't make any sense. Not even an age thing.

It was just a reaction of Savard going down. Guhle will be on a the left side don't worry. Imagine been paid to talk hockey and still having guhle on his wrong side.

Yes, Guhle should be on the right side.

But who won't be on the left side: Matheson? Hutson? Xhekaj? I see all 3 of them on the left side. So I see Guhle on the right.

For me it's clear that it's gonna be Barron and Hutson who are going to stay with the Habs. I'm also convinced Reinbacher will outplay Mailloux in the main camp. Mailloux starts the season in Laval, plays top minutes and is called up before new year, unless Reinbacher is too dominant.

Matheson - Ghule
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron

Yeah we'll see what happens at camp. Reinbacher, Mailloux or Struble could severely outplay Barron, pushing him to the 7 or even 8 spot. For sure I hope Barron is the best, if for no other reason than to get his trade value up.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Barron/Struble

While I like the majority of this they need to get Ghule the f*** off the right side

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Yeah that doesn't make any sense. Not even an age thing.

It was just a reaction of Savard going down. Guhle will be on a the left side don't worry. Imagine been paid to talk hockey and still having guhle on his wrong side.
All the other lefties suck at it. They’ll need to clear out some players on both sides before Guhle goes back.

If we want Hutson and Xjekaj on the ice eventually that only leaves one spot, Matheson and Struble gone, and no Engstrom. Not sure habs are a better team with Xjekaj over Matheson either as much as we all have a fetish.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Barron
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Struble

I posted this lineup before and it doesn't look like it's very popular but hear me out:
  • Hutson is ready for NHL, I think, but it won't hurt he get's used to the tough AHL for some time while we continue our last experiments up in the NHL, if he plays like 20ish games in the NHL he will still be Calder eligible next year(after deadline?)
  • Mailloux had a full year in the AHL and will profit way more by playing up than another AHL stint
  • I'd play Reinbacher in the AHL to start even if he has a great camp, he's the youngest of them all and needs to get used to NA rink and style.
  • Guhle needs to play left, agree with the poster that said enough of the wrong side
  • People abandoned on Barron but the team still wants to give him his last chance this year, bloom or bust
  • Savard should stabilize Matheson line
  • Xhekaj and Mailloux already showed chemistry together and can be very hard to play against, opponents better have their heads up entering the zone
  • Matheson PP1
  • Barron PP2
  • Guhle, Xhekaj and Mailloux should all start having occasional PP2 showings, depending how it goes for Barron and Matheson early in the season
  • Guhle, Savard PK1
  • Xhekaj, Mailloux PK2
  • Struble in for injuries, and that will inevitably happen
I think it's balanced and gives the chance for all the youngsters to show their strengths, pivotal year for our young Ds squad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad