2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
No. Holloway is more versatile. More of a jack-of-all trades, master of none so far. He can crash the net, he can play off the rush, he can play on the cycle, he can be a play maker or sniper. All those skills are plus skills, but none is +++. So when he finds success, he is mixing it up a lot more than just doing one thing really well like Neighbours.

I was watching some Holloway highlights and I see what you’re saying. They don’t play anything alike. Very different players. I’ll tell you one thing, Holloway is good, real good. He’s going to be a great addition to the team and age core.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I was watching some Holloway highlights and I see what you’re saying. They don’t play anything alike. Very different players. I’ll tell you one thing, Holloway is good, real good. He’s going to be a great addition to the team and age core.
I agree. I tried to point out how he was a good pickup on his own and not just as a ploy to secure Broberg. His offense hasn't come together at the NHL level but he has the skills. I see a Jordan Staal type middle 6 player who plays a good defensive game and scores at .5 ppg.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I agree. I tried to point out how he was a good pickup on his own and not just as a ploy to secure Broberg. His offense hasn't come together at the NHL level but he has the skills. I see a Jordan Staal type middle 6 player who plays a good defensive game and scores at .5 ppg.

I think his wrist injury set him back pretty far. The best of him is yet to come. Cant believe the oilers let him go for only 2 mill per year. Their loss, our gain.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I was listening to an oilers round table podcast, they are ripping the Blues and saying to Broberg and Holloway to have fun missing the playoffs every year. I’ll go on a limb and say in years 3 and 4 of their tenures with the Blues, the Blues will be a better team than the Oilers. I personally think that’s a guarantee considering Dvorsky and Snuggs will be here and contributing in a large way. More than likely, Stenberg and Lindstein too.

LetsGoBooze

Let the re-tool breathe
Jan 16, 2012
Agreed that Holloway was a great addition and far from a decoy, throw in. I already like the fact that he knows how to elevate his game for playoff hockey, throw extra hits, and score when the pressures on. If he can develop a little further, I realistically think his ceiling is a Barbashev type of player, and thats what this team needs more of to help us re-establish our identity. Barbie was an important piece in that 2019 run.

Last edited:

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I'd say low-end of average to a bit below-average for an NHL player. But maybe that is because he is bigger and looks a bit awkward. Plus he was on the stars who have a lot of speedsters. But I can't ever remember him out skating someone for a breakaway or loose puck. Google Faksa breakaway and enjoy the zero highlight clips.

Even slightly above average you wouldn't describe him as fast. Being faster than Sunqvist just means you move forward
I spit out my diet dr pepper when I read the last sentence

• Haha
Reactions: BlueOil

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Agreed that Holloway was a great addition and far from a decoy, throw in. I already like the fact that he knows how to elevate his game for playoff hockey, throw extra hits, and score when the pressures on. If he can develop a little further, I realistically think his ceiling is a Barbashev type of player, and thats what this team needs more of to help us re-establish our identity. Barbie was an important piece in that 2019 run.
Foegele and C. Brown faded big time, but Holloway got better with each game.

Reactions: Drubilly

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

That's my thought of him in my limited viewings. He fits that Blues heavy two-way playstyle that we seem to love. Big, faster than a normal blues guy, and not afraid to lay the body. I don't really see him ever being more than a 2nd liner, but I thought that about Neighbors as well.

One thing is pretty clear though. We're trying to get back to our old identity. The addition of him and Broberg greatly pushes our size on both sides as well as skating. I'm not sure what to expect with either of them. But I'd imagine they get alot of real opportunity given the financial investment in them both and we are in a perfect spot to do that.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's a comically bad presentation though, to the point that it's essentially useless. It's not hard to do a Power BI dashboard or whatever software they use to include things like salary cap, cap space, NTC/NMC, etc.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Is it just me or does the site not even load? Can't find it on the app either, but I may be stupid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad