2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Puckpedia is a f***ing disaster. I hate the Washington Capitals.

Edit - thank you for mentioning Capwages. So much easier to read. 100% my go-to site now.
I didn't know about Capwages.com either, but to me its what I was looking for.

Its 95% a clone of capfriendly. Dont' really need any other site.

Reactions: BadgersandBlues

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
just the fact the Blues are trying to do this for the fans is dope as f***. AKA good.
And Dallas recently dropped an app to watch Stars games. Hockey broadcasting media is fragmented and the Bally's BK added to the fire to create independent streaming services etc.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
And Dallas recently dropped an app to watch Stars games. Hockey broadcasting media is fragmented and the Bally's BK added to the fire to create independent streaming services etc.
I wish the Blues had jumped on the trend of offering their own product as other teams have been doing. Instead the resigned with Bally’s for this season…

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I wish the Blues had jumped on the trend of offering their own product as other teams have been doing. Instead the resigned with Bally’s for this season
I’ve been saying I wish they’d team up with the Cardinals to form an STL sports channel. They’d have minimal interference with each others seasons, plus maybe the could sign a deal with the local colleges (SLU, Lindenwood, etc.) and show some of their stuff too. Hell maybe even some MLS content (I know Apple has the games, but maybe a pre and post game show or something?)

Idk how feasible it actually is, and would take a bit to get it off the ground, but I think it’d be pretty cool.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I wish the Blues had jumped on the trend of offering their own product as other teams have been doing. Instead the resigned with Bally’s for this season…
They were contractually tied to Bally's for one more season and Diamond is making offers to the teams whose rights they still at control at probably 80% of the original contractual value in bankruptcy court...teams are accepting this b/c it's still a nice chunk of change for small-market teams ($15-20 million from what I've read) relative to A) the tiny rights fees if they moved to non-Cable and B) the high costs of establishing their own streaming platform.

Next year is when the fun will start as Diamond will have to return the rights to the NHL for all teams still under Diamond control if no further agreements are reached. The Blues can then negotiate with media companies such as the one ChicagoBlues referenced above in Dallas....that's not the Stars "dropping" the App...they contracted w/ a streaming platform/media company. That company is going to be aggressive in getting teams like the Blues next year and from I've heard the money they can offer is similar to the Bally's deals. Should be good for fans if that's how it plays out.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I’ve been saying I wish they’d team up with the Cardinals to form an STL sports channel. They’d have minimal interference with each others seasons, plus maybe the could sign a deal with the local colleges (SLU, Lindenwood, etc.) and show some of their stuff too. Hell maybe even some MLS content (I know Apple has the games, but maybe a pre and post game show or something?)

Idk how feasible it actually is, and would take a bit to get it off the ground, but I think it’d be pretty cool.
This would be incredible but doesn't seem very likely. They could probably get some Mizzou/Illinois stuff on there too, not games but I am sure the same market could be interested in some kind of programming about them.

Is it Preseason yet? Offseason takes forever. And the Craziness that has been August has got me antsy for Hockey.
Less than a month away!

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Looks like the Ducks also just announced they are streaming every game for free this season with a new platform.

• Wow
Reactions: Drubilly

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m curious why the Stars could only get future considerations from the Blues for Faksa? Nobody would offer more? Very odd to me.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I’m curious why the Stars could only get future considerations from the Blues for Faksa? Nobody would offer more? Very odd to me.
His $3.25M cap hit is higher than his on ice contribution and they weren't able/willing to retain on it. Clearing all of his cap off the books was more important to them than retaining some of that cap hit in order to get a mid-round pick.

I like Faksa the player as a shut down 4C who can kill penalties and pick up a few 'extra' even strength spot shifts up the lineup in defensive situations. I think he is pretty darn effective in that role and our team needed someone to play that role. But that role isn't worth $3.25M against the cap and it is far from a given that he is currently capable of taking a bigger role.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
His $3.25M cap hit is higher than his on ice contribution and they weren't able/willing to retain on it. Clearing all of his cap off the books was more important to them than retaining some of that cap hit in order to get a mid-round pick.

I like Faksa the player as a shut down 4C who can kill penalties and pick up a few 'extra' even strength spot shifts up the lineup in defensive situations. I think he is pretty darn effective in that role and our team needed someone to play that role. But that role isn't worth $3.25M against the cap and it is far from a given that he is currently capable of taking a bigger role.

If the Blues don’t look like a playoff team by the TDL, I wonder if Faksa could be flipped for possibly a 3rd to a contender who is in need?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
If the Blues don’t look like a playoff team by the TDL, I wonder if Faksa could be flipped for possibly a 3rd to a contender who is in need?
I'd guess that his TDL value would be somewhere in the 2nd to 4th range depending on how his season goes. We would need to retain 50%, which has become a standard cost of doing business with deadline rentals.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I'd guess that his TDL value would be somewhere in the 2nd to 4th range depending on how his season goes. We would need to retain 50%, which has become a standard cost of doing business with deadline rentals.
Maybe 50% retained for a 2nd, but for a 3rd?

Reactions: Mike Liut

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

Yes, Dallas had little leverage in any Faksa exit. The cap needed to go to make room for other business and the value of Faksa's sal/cap at 4C was simply not there.

Also, Harley..........Still waiting on that and can't tell if the speculated 2x3.9M bridge is fan placation or has real traction. Still tight-lipped after some leaks early on. I guess they didn't refill their Flowmax prescription.

Last edited:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Maybe 50% retained for a 2nd, but for a 3rd?
I think a 2nd is realistic if he looks like the 2022/23 version of himself. If he looks more like last year's version, then I think we're talking about a 3rd. And then a step backwards is probably 4th round territory. All these prices assume retention since that is the norm for deadline rentals now.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
They were contractually tied to Bally's for one more season and Diamond is making offers to the teams whose rights they still at control at probably 80% of the original contractual value in bankruptcy court...teams are accepting this b/c it's still a nice chunk of change for small-market teams ($15-20 million from what I've read) relative to A) the tiny rights fees if they moved to non-Cable and B) the high costs of establishing their own streaming platform.

Next year is when the fun will start as Diamond will have to return the rights to the NHL for all teams still under Diamond control if no further agreements are reached. The Blues can then negotiate with media companies such as the one ChicagoBlues referenced above in Dallas....that's not the Stars "dropping" the App...they contracted w/ a streaming platform/media company. That company is going to be aggressive in getting teams like the Blues next year and from I've heard the money they can offer is similar to the Bally's deals. Should be good for fans if that's how it plays out.
I guess hooking on with the newly launched KMOV sports channel next year as they look for programming is an option over creating their own service .

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I guess hooking on with the newly launched KMOV sports channel next year as they look for programming is an option over creating their own service .
This is pretty cool, it's basically exactly what we are talking about. A network/streaming service just catered to sports in the region.

Reactions: mk80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad