HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm really starting to reconsider trading that 17th OA pick for PLD. He's a good player, but not great. Wood could be ppg in NHL with those hand skills. Damn. Plus, he's strong on the boards.

Or, imagine Barlow with someone like Dach.
Dach - Barlow pairing would be money. Dach hates shooting. Barlow loves it.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I'm really starting to reconsider trading that 17th OA pick for PLD. He's a good player, but not great. Wood could be ppg in NHL with those hand skills. Damn. Plus, he's strong on the boards.

I want to keep the 17th AND get PLD. Yes, I'm selfish :laugh:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Tanner Howe is so smart with almost every one of his puck touches. Love his hockey brain.
Yes. He was smart enough to keep up with Bedard.

I want to keep the 17th AND get PLD. Yes, I'm selfish :laugh:
I don't think Dubois is going to be that much better than the 17th pick that he is worth the 1st AND a significant aditional piece or pieces.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

A very good prospect will drop into our laps at 17, you can count on it. It might not be a unanimous choice, but it’ll be a good one.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I don't think he's available at 17 but if he was, I'm more comfortable giving up Mesar/Mailloux+ for PLD rather than the 17th. Neither player would have room in our future lineup anyways.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Exactly. That is why it is very important the Habs get at least two top 20 picks.
fingers crossed Boston closes out tonight.

If Pit had beaten Chicago and everything else finished the same, we'd have the 14th pick. But 17 in this draft is still a great return for Chiarot. I hope Gorton will move up if there's a guy on the board that our scouts love.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

Plus you get that cost controlled ELC contract kicking in as our rebuild wraps up.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A very good prospect will drop into our laps at 17, you can count on it. It might not be a unanimous choice, but it’ll be a good one.
There will be good ones available at 17. But can our scouts find the right one?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Barlow+Dach
Leonard+suzuki
Wood+Dach
Guhle+Reinbacher
Slaf+Benson

wood and Dach, man. Ooooooof.
Lmao, Craig once again praising Matthew Wood's skating ability.
Its the edges, loses so much speed and hes always pumping gas because of it.

• Love

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad