Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] D Moritz Seider re-signs with Wings (7 years, $8.55M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
i wonder why they settled on a 7 year term contract.

did seider's camp push for the same number they could have signed an offer sheet?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
i wonder why they settled on a 7 year term contract.

did seider's camp push for the same number they could have signed an offer sheet?

The belief is that an 8th year took the term to 9 or more. There is the rumoured no one makes more than Dylan Larkin, though that might just be fans/media wondering.

Reactions: lilidk

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The belief is that an 8th year took the term to 9 or more. There is the rumoured no one makes more than Dylan Larkin, though that might just be fans/media wondering.
the aav to 9 or more

belief or rumor?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Theres always a first and no one would have been shocked if he had signed 10 per for 8. He's a stud top pairing RHD that is a special player.
It would have 100% been shocking to see a pre arbitration RFA of Seiders caliber get 10+ mill.

Adam Fox and Cale Makar went 1-2 in norris voting before signing their contracts. If Yzerman gave Mo f***ing Seider Makar/Fox money you find someone else to negotiate your contracts

• Haha
Reactions: norrisnick

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
It would have 100% been shocking to see a pre arbitration RFA of Seiders caliber get 10+ mill.

Adam Fox and Cale Makar went 1-2 in norris voting before signing their contracts. If Yzerman gave Mo f***ing Seider Makar/Fox money you find someone else to negotiate your contracts
Maybe but I guarantee you with cap rising you will see it soon enough.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Maybe but I guarantee you with cap rising you will see it soon enough.
At some point sure, but it'll either be with a much higher cap than 88 mill, or with an actual norris caliber dman (or both).

Like again, with Makar and Fox. They were the 2 best dman in hockey, so they broke the 9 mill mark.

Seider is a few tiers down from them. If you expected Seider to get 10+ mill you must have very low expectations for Yzerman.

The only guy dumb enough to do something like that is Dubas.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
This is a fair deal. I think it's less of a sure thing than some here that he lives up to it, but there's potential for it to be a steal too. Kinda key to me is if Seider doesn't pan out to a true no. 1 the Red Wings are kind of screwed anyway. So you might as well take the risk vs (for example) bridging him and potentially paying millions more later.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Excellent work from Yzerman.

Happy for both sides. I think seider did have a down year and I know many say deployment but I think he is not surrounded by enough quality in the back end so he gets exposed unfairly (which I blame Yzerman for). Eg. Wings either have guys that are more like place fillers or winding down (Holl, Chariot, Petry) or guys that will be great and are years away (ASP, Erviddson is close). Leaves seider in a weird spot IMO. And yes I know wings fans don't like my takes lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad