2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
It seems that the actual deadline day will be abnormally quiet. What possible major deals are left there ?
Bertuzzi and Van Reimsdyk but bot not exactly major deals. Wonder if there is much truth to the JT Miller and Pittsburgh rumors

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The eastern arm race is outta control

I am loving it. Let them trade their futures away.

I think the Capitals and the Canes, who weren’t really trading away futures this year, will be big players in the trade market next year. The Capitals (if they are healthy) might think it is their last chance for a deep run with Ovi and the Canes have a ton of expiring contracts (Aho, Pesce, Skjei, Teravainen) after next year so they might want to go all in.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
It seems that the actual deadline day will be abnormally quiet. What possible major deals are left there ?
There’s a lot of deals that are coming out of nowhere. While I don’t think it’ll be as active as the last few days, I bet some deals still go down.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The cap is still going to create a ton of problems for teams and Columbus needs to take advantage of that

We've heard this refrain for the last 4 years and Columbus hasn't done anything significant to that effect. Teams found out how to manipulate LTIR to their advantage and also they can dump "bad" contracts to Arizona with picks to get them to the cap floor.

Outside of retaining salary on Foligno & Savard, has Jarmo ever "weaponized" cap space? Maybe taking on J. Quick? If anything, we got caught by the cap when we had to move out Bjorkstrand after the Gaudreau signing and Laine extension.

Reactions: domi28 and DJA

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Dubas still has, like, 4 picks left to trade out.
Seattle hasn't really done anything.
Calgary could finally decide to go into sell mode.
The Ducks still have Klingberg, Kulikov, Shattenkirk.
Nashville could sell even more guys.
Outside chance Erik Karlsson gets moved.
Parayko's name is still out there.
Brock Boeser or JT Miller could move.
Dallas probably wants to add a middle six scoring threat.
Winnipeg probably still wants to add a defenseman.
Vegas...you never know.
I wouldn't discount Colorado adding a top 6 forward. They still have their 1st round picks into the future, including in 2023 (they've traded a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round picks so far.
I have no idea what Pittsburgh is doing...maybe they'll add another piece?
Carolina hasn't made a move.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
This is one hell of a trade deadline season. Loving it.

(Not so much the East loading up but on the other hand maybe they spend it all now and in a couple of years it'll look a bit better for us...)

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The expectation really should be that Jiricek is top4 ready on game 1 if he’s as good as all hope he is.

Heiskanen& McAvoy basically entered the league straight up as top pair level Dmen and Jiricek will also have years of pro experience under his belt prior to his rookie season.
Makar+ Seider were lights out as well straight from the gate.
So top4 is basically being modest with expectation in relation to other top Dprospects from recent years.

& even because of that it’s important they are able to add a quality ”veteran” to pair up with Jiricek.

Werenski- x
Added player- Jiricek
Bean/x- Gubranson

I think Jiricek has the talent to play top 4 next year but maybe not the conditioning.

He alternates from looking like superman to looking tired. Something like 16 minutes a night would be better than 20.

Since the Horvat deal kicked things off on 1/30 I count TWELVE first round picks exchanging hands. Wow. That has to be a record.

More than anything that tells me the back half of this draft isn’t anything special — granted a couple of those are 2024 picks.

It is a record.

There was some comment on the PDO Cast that teams have figured out that later 1sts were being overrated. Not specific to the 2023 draft.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City

Attachments

• violin-tiny.gif
    violin-tiny.gif
    409.8 KB · Views: 0

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Wait until 2-3 years from now when Crosby and the gang retire and they’re left with the ashes of what was left.

Hell of a 20 year run by Pittsburgh but time is up

Letang is signed until he's *40* with a NMC the entire way.
Malkin is signed until he's 39 with a full NMC the entire way.
Jeff Petry (??) is 35 and and signed for two more years with a NMC.

I guess their big question is what Crosby wants to do in the summer of 2025 (when he goes UFA) when he turns 38.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad