2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Have to say that Preds are absolutely slaying it this TDL. Going to be a short retool with this rate

We'll see if they parlay the young assets into something.

For now they're a bad team with negligible talent under the age of 28 that just added a few late 1sts. I'm not envious of that.

Reactions: Viqsi

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
We'll see if they parlay the young assets into something.

For now they're a bad team with negligible talent under the age of 28 that just added a few late 1sts. I'm not envious of that.
Sure, but for what he gave away, i think the amount of assets gathered was very impressing

Reactions: majormajor

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
You know the solution is to simply extend the cap into the post season. It would also stop the crap like Tampa and Kucherov a few years ago. If you don't fit under the cap at the end of the season then you don't fit under the cap in the playoffs.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
How do you know this is what happened?

What was your perceived value of Gavrikov and what happens if that’s what Jarmo ends up getting?
I put his value at two 2nd rounders and I still think Jarmo can get that but it might be something like a 2024 and 2026 with the Jackets also retaining 50%. If that's all the market is offering then take it instead of holding out for the perfect deal.

Reactions: majormajor

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I think i called this one a couple of days ago. It'd just makes a lot of sense for LA, and Jarmo could probably get the 1st he is after
If he gets a first does he immediately use it to get a player who doesn’t want to be here (Chychrun)?

Nope this is totally on Jarmo who screwed the pooch. Gavy himself not being willing to work on an extension has nothing to do with the fact he hasn’t been traded yet.
Meier, Orlov, Kane, Barbashev without extensions.

Reactions: DJA

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think i called this one a couple of days ago. It'd just makes a lot of sense for LA, and Jarmo could probably get the 1st he is after

I can see it being a package to L.A. but they probably hold firm on not moving the 1st for rentals. 2nd+2nd or 2nd+3rd.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
fwiw, reading the tea leaves here, but assuming boston met the reported asking price, that deal was probably something like gavrikov + olivier for boston's 1st + 3rd + 4th.

boston's pretty much got the president's trophy on lock. at best, their first rounder would be 30th. if they make the cup finals, it's 31 or 32.

kings pick is currently projected to be 23rd overall. if they wanted to move up from 32 to 23 at the draft, the cost is probably… something like a 3rd + 4th.

Reactions: BB88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
fwiw, reading the tea leaves here, but assuming boston met the reported asking price, that deal was probably something like gavrikov + olivier for boston's 1st + 3rd + 4th.

boston's pretty much got the president's trophy on lock. at best, their first rounder would be 30th. if they make the cup finals, it's 31 or 32.

kings pick is currently projected to be 23rd overall. if they wanted to move up from 32 to 23 at the draft, the cost is probably… something like a 3rd + 4th.

I mean I suppose it's possible that we're talking to LA because they're meeting our price. But it could also be that they're the only buyer left after every other club gorged themselves. Do they really need to dangle the 1st to get the deal at this point?

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad