GDT: Preseason Game 1: Islanders @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN2, MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I watched a lot of WWF when I was young, Bret Hart, Neidhart, Owen Hart and the British Bull dog were my favorites. Sadly a lot of them died pretty early. Brets matches were legendary always made the guy he was facing look good. Sadly when the attitude era hit my parents made it so I could watch.
Now in days I'm a fan of Rhea, KO, Zayn, Gunther, Reigns.

I wish Natalya got more of a push and wasn't a constant midcarder.
I watched a lot of stuff 90s WWF over the offseason on YouTube.

It’s really haunting that the entire Hart Foundation minus Bret (including Brian Pillman who was part of them in 97) who were in the ring that segment are all dead.

Bret is the only guy still living out of the 5 of them. And that was only like 27 years ago.

And outside of Jim Neidhart, the other three guys didn’t even live to be 40. And Pillman barely saw 35 and Owen just barely saw 34.

And outside of Owen, the other three guys died of natural causes. Two of them having heart attacks at 35 and 39. So that faction from 1997 almost feels like one from 1967 with how many of them are long gone.

Reactions: mdj12784

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If last year taught us anything, it was don’t read too much into the preseason results.

Nico’s line produced. Lazar’s line was effective. Markstrom looked solid in net.

Lots of new guys in the lineup with each other for the first time. Dougie’s first game in 10 months. All under a new coach.

Give the boys time.

The NHL players by and large looked fine, which is all that really matters.

Schemelzer and company being poopy is legit meaningless

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i just want the crew to get the talking over the play and going on about out of their system

... it's not horrible what they say but it's not letting bill call the game.

seems like they want to get every single offseason anecdotal and roster construction stories out.

i do enjoy a good call of the game once the puck hits the ice....tonight was not that

Reactions: Camille the Eel

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
So as of now we have injuries to L. Hughes, Brett Pesce that could be out from 4-?? Weeks.

Haula is slowly coming after illness and Nemec is the same after shoulder problems.

Jack H is always a question mark and then you got the rest.

I’m seeing some big problems with the health of this squad.
Then you have the rangers coming with some extra nasty play. Hope the season don’t fall before it even got started

#injuryprone

Reactions: Patrik26

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
So as of now we have injuries to L. Hughes, Brett Pesce that could be out from 4-?? Weeks.

Haula is slowly coming after illness and Nemec is the same after shoulder problems.

Jack H is always a question mark and then you got the rest.

I’m seeing some big problems with the health of this squad.
Then you have the rangers coming with some extra nasty play. Hope the season don’t fall before it even got started

#injuryprone

Good opportunity for others to shine.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Our blueliners looked solid too. Pretty satisfied overall. Want to see Palat and Nosen have better games in the near future

Sounds pretty good!

Forwards are bit whatever, there are so many decent combinations available that some will work in time, but with the D its more hit or miss.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Palat-Haula-Noesen will not work. We need another center. The Meat line crap is to distract us from the fact Lazar is playing center. He’s not a centerman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad