GDT: Preseason Game 1: Islanders @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN2, MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Bratt-Nico-Tatar looked good. Meat line looked like a legit combination. Markstrom looked good.

That's all I wanted. Positive showing as far as I'm concerned.

Not sure why the top line got blendered at the end when they were trying to tie it. Kinda weird.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Really a meh game. Thought we could muster up more than 2 goals and 1 even strength goal with the guys we had out there, against the guys and two AHL goalies they had in there.

Goaltending was gigantically questionable again with each goalie allowing a weak one for us. I also thought we gave up some high quality chances, though those ones didn't actually go in. Really not much offensive pressure at all when we were down 3-2.
Not sure I'd pin the Isles first goal as a bad one on Markstrom. That was a pretty wild redirect from the center-circle. It is what it is. Markstrom made a few really strong saves on top of that. The goal on Daws though... yeah.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I know a lot of people will claim they were Team WWF/Raw all along, but I was Team WWF/Raw all along. Not WCW/Nitro. But I watched the first hour of it before Raw would come on and watched Thunder, Saturday Night and some of the pay per views.

But I was already over the guys I considered the stars of yesteryear who had invaded WCW. I found Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart so much more interesting than Hogan, who was already 68 years old by the time he came to WCW (or at least he looked that old) and having the WCW belt for as long as he held the WWF one the decade before. And Flair, who was probably 53 years old by that point. And the total HGH package Lex Luger. Sting was cool and still somewhat younger, but had to ride shotgun to the old guys and some of the WWF defectors. I even liked watching Vader more than them. He was one of the guys who went the other way from WCW to WWF. I even liked watching Yokozuna and all 600 pounds of him more than most of what was going on in WCW.

Macho Man actually being allowed to come out from the commentary table to compete again was pretty sweet.

Man, I LOVED wrestling in the 90s and even the 00s. I rarely watch it anymore. I was told when I was 11 or 12 I would grow out of it by 16 or 18. I grew out of it, but not until I guess my mid to late 30s?
Big Van Vader is a Japanese wrestling and WCW icon. He was truly one of the great acrobatic big men. Vince Mcf***Ass did him a massive disservice in the late 90s when they 'brought him into' the WWF.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Bratt-Nico-Tatar looked good. Meat line looked like a legit combination. Markstrom looked good.

That's all I wanted. Positive showing as far as I'm concerned.
Hopefully that meat line can be a fourth line. If so they may be able to win fourth line matchups and hold their own against a third line .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad