2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Do they not have more LTIR they can tap into?
Can't use LTIR to pay performance bonuses. It's one of the downsides about LTIR everyone forgets about until the end of the season. That's potentially $1m less in cap space next year if they have to carryover too much in bonus money with no loopholes around it.

Reactions: BB88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I mean I suppose it's possible that we're talking to LA because they're meeting our price. But it could also be that they're the only buyer left after every other club gorged themselves. Do they really need to dangle the 1st to get the deal at this point?

Well Jarmo you did it again.

Reactions: LJ7 and CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Well, what now?

Do we look to move Quick? I guarantee if we do its for another goalie so we can keep Tarasov in Cleveland if he ever gets healthy.

Do we move Roslovic? Robinson? Olivier? Do we make a move on Chychrun?

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I want us to make a move for a Dman this summer, but I get the feeling there might not be another one available this offseason that is on par with Chychrun and I don't think he's gonna make it past the TDL if the reports are true. Which makes me think we go for him now, when we all know we shouldn't

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Well, what now?

Do we look to move Quick? I guarantee if we do its for another goalie so we can keep Tarasov in Cleveland if he ever gets healthy.

Quick isn't wanted.

Do we move Roslovic? Robinson? Olivier?

I'd be listening on all of them, Peeke too.

Do we make a move on Chychrun?

Sure, in the summer. I prefer to wait. If he's not there, oh well. I just don't want this season to be his welcome mat.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Well, what now?

Do we move Roslovic? Robinson? Olivier? Do we make a move on Chychrun?
I doubt Quick goes anywhere. He hasnt been great and has a big contract. Roll with Elvis/Quick for the rest of the season, and come into the new one with Elvis/Tarasov.

With LA 1st round pick, I guess Chychrun trade could be back on the table? Or does Quick + retaining on Gus put the cap to a position where Chychrun is not possible?

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If he gets a first does he immediately use it to get a player who doesn’t want to be here (Chychrun)?

Meier, Orlov, Kane, Barbashev without extensions.

& they just got more back than Kane/Barbashev

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Reactions: cbjthrowaway

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Yes to all plz
If playing in Columbus is so unbearable for Chychrun that there's a risk he quits on the team or becomes a locker room cancer, we obviously have to move on and possibly look for other options, but if he's willing to come and show up every night like a pro for the next 1-2 seasons without an interest to re-sign then it's harder to give a strong yes or no answer to that.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Quick simply retire or refuse to report. Jarmo might be counting on it.

FTR, I get the impression Quick and his teammates were completely blindsided by this. If that’s the case this is a real shitty way to handle a team legend. I know it’s a business but these are real people too. I feel for the guy.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So these picks getting flipped as part of a package for Chychrun? Say like a 1st + 3rd + Ceulemans? Maybe add a NHL player like Jack?
They dealt with the strongest competitor to get Chychrun, I wonder if Jarmo just tries to wait it out now until the summer and go for it again.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
They dealt with the strongest competitor to get Chychrun, I wonder if Jarmo just tries to wait it out now until the summer and go for it again.
Not sure he waits for the summer. Many of the suiters who traded their way out of Chychrun this season are able to trade for him again. If he truly wants Chychrun, now is the time.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Not sure he waits for the summer. Many of the suiters who traded their way out of Chychrun this season are able to trade for him again. If he truly wants Chychrun, now is the time.
Columbus can put together a better package than almost anyone, its doesnt interfere with the tank this year and gives time for the stink of this season to wash away. They could agree on a deal in principle or atleast discuss potential options and kind of leave Arizona with "this is what you get if you wait". If they dont wait than so be it

Reactions: Toe Pick

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
so we really just moved the goalie who was ruining our tank + our only NHL-quality defenseman for:
- a 1st round pick
- a 3rd round pick
- a pending UFA goalie who has a worse sv% than elvis this year (!!) on a better team who also may play even worse because he probably doesn't wanna play here

56f.png

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Quick simply retire or refuse to report. Jarmo might be counting on it.

FTR, I get the impression Quick and his teammates were completely blindsided by this. If that’s the case this is a real shitty way to handle a team legend. I know it’s a business but these are real people too. I feel for the guy.
Los Angeles needed to clear space under the salary cap. That's the only reason why Quick was traded. There are 21 games left in the season, some of which Greaves may play if Tarasov is injured. Not only will it not change the result but we will also find out his qualities.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Los Angeles needed to clear space under the salary cap. That's the only reason why Quick was traded. There are 21 games left in the season, some of which Greaves may play if Tarasov is injured. Not only will it not change the result but we will also find out his qualities.

fwiw the jackets don't play again until after the deadline.

if quick refuses to play here, they could keep him on the roster until 3pm on friday, then do an emergency recall for one of their AHL goalies, suspend quick, then use tarasov/greaves as their nhl backup for the rest of the year without messing up their AHL playoff eligibility.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

I doubt he'd want to lose the last big paychecks of his career. He'll likely just get a hotel and take this as a 21 game roadtrip.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I’d rather go after someone like Mathias Samuelsson in the off season than Chychrun. Buffalo has a ton of left D. Get a guy under team control for several years. Probably could make an offer that Buffalo would seriously consider that would cost less than Chychrun. Peeke plus LA’s first? Buffalo could use a right D like Peeke.

Reactions: VT

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I am putting this here...I know there are still a few pieces I would not mind seeing moved like Rosy but now that the 500 Lb gorilla is leaving the room can we please send a few guys down to Cleveland. Monsters in jeopardy of not making post-season and I think from a developmental perspective that team and our young guys could really benefit from post season play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad