2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I disagree. If you’re a UFA on an expiring contract, you should ALWAYS be aware you could be traded at the deadline (especially a guy with no NTC). Especially a vet that’s been around as long as Quick. Carter was different because he just signed an 11 year deal with Philly so I didn’t blame him for being a dbag when he was sent here. Quick knows better and I guarantee the possibility had at least been floated to him by management this season.

Fair enough, but to me Quick clearly belongs in that group of players who've earned the right from their franchise to go out on their terms (to a degree), not like this. That doesn't mean he'd be justified in being a dbag towards CBJ but I've yet to see that happen, he's just a guy who just experienced his first trade ever as 37-yo SC champ who's played his whole career for one team, of course he's going to be pissed off.

EDIT: CBJ is part of the situation but it's not their doing, so if I were Jarmo I'd be very respectful in the situation and if he does that, then Quick has absolutely no reason to have any ill will towards CBJ. If he does regardless, then that's his problem. Let him know that they are listening to his wishes and will ship him out to a playoff team if that's what he wants and there's a deal to be made - if not, let him know they'd love to have his experience in the room and value whatever he feels like he could bring to a young team in a middle of rebuild. Show him the respect LAK didn't and if he's a stand up guy, maybe you get something of value out of him, whatever that ends up being.

Last edited:
Reactions: VT and Viqsi

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Dude just got blindside traded by the franchise he's played all his career for, currently in his 16th (!!) season, to the team placed last in the standings. You'd feel a bit grumpy yourself I bet. He's not the dbag in this situation.
Sure, but be pissed at the Kings. Not your “new team.”

And maybe he is, and he’s just being real with the CBJ and saying he’d like one more crack at a cup. But if he’s making demands or threatening things (like not reporting) then that’s all on him.

If he’s being cordial with it while expressing his disappointment from leaving the Kings, I have no issues at all.

Reactions: NotCommitted

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
I wasn't in the fire Jarmo crowd, but I might be considering it after he has the nerve to make this trade.

Doesn't he know or care that we've been sitting around here for weeks just waiting for little nuggets of news, only to drop this on us in the middle of the night when we aren't available for instant hot takes!? :naughty:

I actually like the trade a lot. LAs first is likely to be significantly more valuable than Boston's.

I'm not worried about Quick. His reaction will say more about him than it will about us. I would expect him to be a pro. He won't want Jarmo to say, "Don't worry Quick, we didn't want you either, they forced us to take you."

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Signed a 10 year deal, is in the final year of it and is 37 years old. I’d be furious.
And your fury would quickly be soothed by the tens of millions of dollars you’ve made over those 10 years. Oh the horror of essentially going on a 21 game road trip and then retiring back in LA in 2 months.

Reactions: majormajor

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Is all of this "doesn't wanna be here" discussion PTSD from Jeff Carter? Or have people moved on from that to their PTSD from PLD?

Reactions: Viqsi

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Is all of this "doesn't wanna be here" discussion PTSD from Jeff Carter? Or have people moved on from that to their PTSD from PLD?
It's mainly trolls who know they get an easy rise out of people. But I like to respond sometimes just for fun.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sure, but be pissed at the Kings. Not your “new team.”

And maybe he is, and he’s just being real with the CBJ and saying he’d like one more crack at a cup. But if he’s making demands or threatening things (like not reporting) then that’s all on him.

If he’s being cordial with it while expressing his disappointment from leaving the Kings, I have no issues at all.
My presumption, until I explicitly hear otherwise, is that the situation described in your last sentence there is the more likely one.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
flipping Quick makes perfect sense for the team and player. The issue is even at 50% he is still at 2.9. Double retention makes it doable but you probably pay the same for the retention spot as you recieve in value or less

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
flipping Quick makes perfect sense for the team and player. The issue is even at 50% he is still at 2.9. Double retention makes it doable but you probably pay the same for the retention spot as you recieve in value or less
It makes sense for us, and it makes sense for him, but finding a destination team it makes sense for - given how he's played lately - is going to be extremely difficult if not impossible. But, well, you can't win if you don't try.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
Now is when the trade deadline could get interesting. The moves we all expected have already been made and Jarmo still has three days to do more. A lot can happen in three days that none of us expect. :popcorn:
But, he'd better not pull this crap in the middle of the night again. Show us some darn respect!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

That’s fridays shopping when nothing else is available

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Has anyone made the "pencil in the Kings as Cup winners thanks to their trade with the CBJ at the deadline" jokes yet?
It's come up at least once. That said, Kings fans are still kind of reeling, so it may be that folks think it's not yet in good taste.

I sure as hell would love it if Korpi went on a tear, tho.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Just try to do right by Quick, who, while he’s in the final year of a deal and not part of his team’s future could maybe expect to to be dealt, still has enough veteran cache to feel like he should get to finish out in LA. So acknowledge that it’s personally unfortunate for him and play him if he wants, do your best to trade him if he wants or get him a nice hotel room if he wants.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

Kekalainen, reached shortly after the trade was announced, said the Blue Jackets weren’t were finished.

“We’ve still got some work to do here,” he said. “We are working through all the stuff we need to do before we can make any further announcements.”
Article mentions a Chychrun trade is possible and so is flipping quick.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
The condition on the LA 1st, achievable as it may be, would seem to make a deal for Chychrun more difficult.

If AZ has other interested parties, I have to think they'd be more likely to go with an offer they can evaluate righty now, rather than one that they won't really know the outcome of for almost 2 months. I would increase the price for the CBJ given that we can't definitively tell them, right now, what they're really going to get once all is said and done.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
gives them a Gavrikov replacement with term

who doesn’t want to be here, who will be counting the days until he hits free agency, and who will possibly be injured (based on past history) so we might not be able to flip him at the deadline in 2025. Makes no sense to me. I’d rather use the LA first and other assets to find a guy under team control for many years.

614 CBJ

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2022
Raleigh, NC
I have to think there is playoff team that would like to have Quick even if it is for their 3rd goalie..

as CBJ did with Kinkaid

NHL players can be found in the 5th round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad