2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Unless some miracle happens, Jarmo is on course for a disaster of a TDL
tbf, it was on a disaster course when Nyquist got hurt. And personally I would rather have a disaster of a deadline when the GM doesn't get assets than one where they go all in and crash (like what 2019 almost was)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
TBF, everything prob went on pause waiting to see if this went though.

Unless people were lining up for Scott Harrington's services I'm not sure he had an impact on the D trade market.

As a Devils fan, I'm glad this finally went through when its seemed for the last month the Devils were the frontrunner. Its all anyone talked about.

Usually where there is smoke there is fire and I see no smoke floating around Nationwide Arena right now.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Unless people were lining up for Scott Harrington's services I'm not sure he had an impact on the D trade market.

As a Devils fan, I'm glad this finally went through when its seemed for the last month the Devils were the frontrunner. Its all anyone talked about.

Usually where there is smoke there is fire and I see no smoke floating around Nationwide Arena right

All i meant was teams were waiting to find out if the league would approve or not, because if it didn't and they had to start over, other trades may arise to make this happen.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Tampa just traded a first, second, and other pieces for a cost controlled third+ line player. Alrighty then

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Tampa just traded a first, second, and other pieces for a cost controlled third+ line player. Alrighty then
The mental middle 6 player trade of the year has arrived, and its even worse than i would have ever expected. At least the benefits are going from east to west. This is why I thought Nyquist could have returned a 1st when he was healthy.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Has there ever been a TDL (and proceeding weeks) like this year? Cap constraints and tanking and pending free agency status have combined for a wild and woolly time. Maybe (hopefully) the Jackets will get something done?

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Seems like a bunch of nothing to me. Great deal for jersey

The deal is great for NJD on the paper, but I don't like winning teams messing with roster players, since there is always a chance you lose important piece of line (or even team) chemistry.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Seems like a bunch of nothing to me. Great deal for jersey

Mukhamadullin is a great prospect. 6’4” D who skates well and has a nice shot. We could use him. Put him with Jiricek for the next 10 years. He was kind of expendable for Jersey because of Hughes and they like the way Kevin Bahl is developing.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Has there ever been a TDL (and proceeding weeks) like this year? Cap constraints and tanking and pending free agency status have combined for a wild and woolly time. Maybe (hopefully) the Jackets will get something done?
Columbus is getting ready to weaponize the salary cap.

And by weaponize I meanthey try to save the owners a few bucks on a crap-tastic season.

Last edited:
Reactions: domi28

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think this is becoming the new normal in all sports. With the difficulties of so many teams being near the cap and the complexity of retaining salaries, bringing in a 3rd team, etc. I think the days of sliding a trade into the league office at 2:59 on deadline day and figuring out the cap implications later are long gone. Getting the right deal done just can't wait until the last minute anymore.

Reactions: EspenK

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Does anyone in the West want to add? The East is going to be an absolute bear, my goodness.

-Tampa adds Tanner Jeannot -> this is either a "classic Tampa" trade or a massive overpay. a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and Cal Foote for a guy with 14 points this season. They could extend him long-term for cheap a la Nick Paul.
-New Jersey adds Timo Meier (plus a bunch of other nothing it seems).
-Boston added Orlov and Hathaway.
-Toronto added O'Reilly and Acciari.
-Rangers added Tarasneko, Motte, and by all accounts are readying a trade for Patrick Kane.
-Islanders added Bo Horvat.

In the west, it's...
-Colorado added Matt Nieto, Keith Kinkaid, and Jack Johnson. Yawn.
-Vegas added Dysin Mayo and Ivan Barbashev.
-Winnipeg added Nino Niederreiter.
-Dallas swapped Gurianov for Dadonov.

The West is so bad and none of the teams appear to want to get materially better (yet) heading into the home stretch.

Reactions: I3LI3

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
TBF, everything prob went on pause waiting to see if this went though.

SJ just keeps going for Quantity over Quality. Last draft they moved #11 pick for #27, #34 & #45. Now they moved a their best forward for a like 5 assets, none of which is high pick, top6/top4 NHL player, nor top end prospect.

I'd hate to this as SJ fan, but we'll see how it plays out

Reactions: majormajor

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
All of this talk about "oh no, what will Columbus do now to get Chychrun since they missed out on Boston's 1st round pick"...Boston's 1st this year might be 32nd and our 2nd round pick might be 33rd overall. I get it doesn't have the cache of a 1st rounder, but for all intents and purposes our 2nd round will be the equivalent of one of the last picks in the 1st round.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad