GDT: Preseason game 1: Sharks vs. Golden Knights 5pm Streamed on sharks.nhl.com

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Sorry I can imagine a world where people don’t rely on tweets (especially one that was a reply to the main one) and they go to the website to see some sort of landing page with info on their own game. Crazy thought, I know.
I don't know the number of people who are both interested in watching Sharks' preseason and are neither on twitter nor HF, but I have to imagine it's in the single digits.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
To be clear, you're absolutely right that they should have a post for it, I just don't agree with not doing it being "incompetent" or that this is a huge marketing opportunity the Sharks are fumbling.
That’s fair. I just see this season being special, and with Macklin playing in his first pro game tonight, albeit pre-season, I’d figure they’d want to cover all their bases. Relying on external communication channels like X, which is controversial these days with a lot of Bay Area folk (not me - I’m not partisan) seems odd. I’ve been heavily involved with product marketing over my years, and it’s a common/best practice to advertise your product directly on your own platform—especially when it’s an event. There’s going to be a page for the link, there’s little reason I can fathom to not publish that, or some signpost, ASAP with clear instructions that the stream link will come soon.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Sorry I can imagine a world where people don’t rely on tweets (especially one that was a reply to the main one) and they go to the website to see some sort of landing page with info on their own game. Crazy thought, I know.

I also dont like the reliance on tweets. Mainly bc i dont tweet.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
That’s fair. I just see this season being special, and with Macklin playing in his first pro game tonight, albeit pre-season, I’d figure they’d want to cover all their bases. Relying on external communication channels like X, which is controversial these days with a lot of Bay Area folk (not me - I’m not partisan) seems odd. I’ve been heavily involved with product marketing over my years, and it’s a common/best practice to advertise your product directly on your own platform—especially when it’s an event. There’s going to be a page for the link, there’s little reason I can fathom to not publish that, or some signpost, ASAP with clear instructions that the stream link will come soon.
I kinda agree. I was curious how the Knights website dealt with it and they have posts regarding their entire preseason schedule and a whole "how to" watch it post even though it's not streaming there. The Sharks website is kinda lacking in so many ways.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
1727042167222.png

@Boy Hedican

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad