2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Jenner is not untradeable but it would take a lot to get him. Again if someone comes calling with 2 firsts plus a good prospect you have to think about it. The entire problem is what is our solution at C if that happens? Roslovic?
If he would be traded slap the C on Zach W next season.

My worry is if you trade Jenner - do you blow the whole thing up? I mean does Johnny want to be here if you have Roslovic or Sillinger as 1C? Even if we "win" the trade (as Jarmo does) but ends up being a place noone wants to be at.
I think if we take your example, this off-season Jarmo is aggressively shopping for another center and defenseman via trade.

Lots of factors though that should partially get cleared up in the next week ( TDL returns) and then after the lottery we'll have a much better picture of what we have to go get some NHL ready help.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City

Another suitor gone

Gavrikov is better, perhaps even much better, than McCabe and Lafferty
McCabe has 2 years left on his deal, Gavrikov may be better. But those 2 years make a huge difference. As I started before, I wonder of his unwillingness to extend makes GMs wonder if he will jump ship back to the KHL. He was really difficult to sign, so he has that history on him.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
1) Jarmo gets a deal in place for a Gavrikov a couple weeks ahead of the deadline for a return that many said he wasn’t worth.
2) The team that had agreed to the deal backs out for a different deal with a different team.
3) Jarmo sucks.

I will say, the reporting is all over the place on #2. It's a pretty even split between, "this deal was agreed upon" and "Boston didn't agree to anything." I have no idea how the divide is this large, but it is. A reporter from the Boston Globe said on Friday that the Bruins hadn't agreed to anything and certainly weren't going to pay a 1st for Gavrikov. Then you have Friedman, one of the more well-respected national reporters, saying other GMs thought the Gavrikov deal was done.

Very curious and I'd be fascinated to get the real story, but it'll months or years before we do, if ever.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
1) Jarmo gets a deal in place for a Gavrikov a couple weeks ahead of the deadline for a return that many said he wasn’t worth.
2) The team that had agreed to the deal backs out for a different deal with a different team.
3) Jarmo sucks.
It is a pretty weird thought process. Would people have rather he accept a lesser deal, just to get it done, while the Boston deal was still on the table?

Imagine the furor if Jarmo traded Gav for a 2nd and a 3rd, and then it comes out that he had a deal on the table for a 1st and 3rd +? and didn’t take that one.

This is, of course, assuming Friedman’s reporting is accurate.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I will say, the reporting is all over the place on #2. It's a pretty even split between, "this deal was agreed upon" and "Boston didn't agree to anything." I have no idea how the divide is this large, but it is. A reporter from the Boston Globe said on Friday that the Bruins hadn't agreed to anything and certainly weren't going to pay a 1st for Gavrikov. Then you have Friedman, one of the more well-respected national reporters, saying other GMs thought the Gavrikov deal was done.

Very curious and I'd be fascinated to get the real story, but it'll months or years before we do, if ever.
Right but I think the key is that no matter the details of 1 and 2, that 3 regardless.

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Boston did f*** us and jarmo did set the price too high (which is what you do when starting negotiations) and Boston met a certain price. Involving a first. Whether we didn’t want to take back salary (Smith) or retain on him or what, Boston needed more time to satisfy their cap needs. In this time, orlov became available, and they went with that instead.

Backing out of an agreed upon deal is f***ing someone over. It’s not illegal, but it’s bad business practice. Anyone involved in business would tell you that. Doesn’t mean you can’t do it, doesn’t mean they were “wrong” to do it. It still isn’t good practice and I don’t think you’ll see jarmo doing business with Boston unless it’s necessary to do so.
We don't know they backed out...for all we know, they told jarmo the deal works but they're weighing options...need to seriously pump the brakes here in my opinion

Reactions: majormajor and LJ7

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
1677523608247.png

Kyle Dubas, without a contract past this season, is really saying "f them picks" lmao

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
As I said a few days ago, on 32TP Friedman said that trading two players for a first round pick is going to be the theme this year. Another one happens today.

If we’re going to rectify this Gavrikov situation we might have to combine Gavi+Korpi (for LA) or Gavrikov+someone else (Nyquist? Olivier? Foudy?) (for LA).

Going to be interesting. I’m not giving up on us getting a first rounder but it’s hard to say that it’s likely anymore

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
I don't know if Boston f***ed us or not, but I do believe the NHL will do it's best to drive down the Gavrikov price until Friday.

It makes sense, a deal fell through, everyone is going to look at it for a potential bargain at the moment. It's a bad spot to be in as Columbus, but I'm still pretty certain Gavrikov will be moved. But perhaps not for a 1st round pick.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I don't know if Boston f***ed us or not, but I do believe the NHL will do it's best to drive down the Gavrikov price until Friday.

It makes sense, a deal fell through, everyone is going to look at it for a potential bargain at the moment. It's a bad spot to be in as Columbus, but I'm still pretty certain Gavrikov will be moved. But perhaps not for a 1st round pick.

Supply (sellers) are increasing -> Washington, Nashville
Demand (buyers) are decreasing -> Toronto, Boston

As I said a few days ago, on 32TP Friedman said that trading two players for a first round pick is going to be the theme this year. Another one happens today.

If we’re going to rectify this Gavrikov situation we might have to combine Gavi+Korpi (for LA) or Gavrikov+someone else (Nyquist? Olivier? Foudy?) (for LA).

Going to be interesting. I’m not giving up on us getting a first rounder but it’s hard to say that it’s likely anymore

Reportedly, per Portzline, Olivier was requested to be in the Boston trade and it sounds like we said no. Very dumb.

This aged well.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Supply (sellers) are increasing -> Washington, Nashville
Demand (buyers) are decreasing -> Toronto, Boston

Reportedly, per Portzline, Olivier was requested to be in the Boston trade and it sounds like we said no. Very dumb.
I'm conflicted because obviously his skillset isn't much to write home about, but I also feel like he's the teams next Calvert/Mackenzie. Seems like the kind of guy you want in the locker room to help the kids, more so than a pick that won't be in the locker room for years if ever.

Reactions: MissADD

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

The two teams in the West that need left-shot D help also need goalie help (imo)...Edmonton and L.A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad