2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh stop it! If that’s the case I don’t know what else to do 😂 I thought dumping players like Chicago would equal the playing field 😆

I’m just saying potentially no Klingberg or Shattenkirk. Although Shatty has had some decent games, Klingberg is just a giraffe on skates lol .

I think @Hockey Duckie said it best, when he was in Dallas his flaws were masked because they had Depth in their D, Ducks don’t and so they are more exposed.

That is why I think they can maybe still get a 1st round pick for him. He is playing way over his head and other GMs know that when scouting.

Last edited:

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
I’m just saying potentially no Klingberg or Shattenkirk. Although Shatty has had some decent games, Klingberg is just a giraffe on skates lol .

I think @Hockey Duckie said it best, when he was in Dallas his flaws were masked because they had Depth in their D, Ducks don’t and so they are more exposed.

That is why I think they can maybe still get a 1st round pick for him. He is playing way over his head and other GMs know that when scouting.

True….. But if Chicago wants to get worst with Kane and Toews trades? Anaheim will have to ante up as well for competition in the last spot. This entire roster should be evaluated on where the future is headed.

On another note, Looking at the rest of the season though that Anaheim plays? Are very competitive teams. So yah…. It’s going to come down to the wire on who has the worst record. I’ll wait till March till we know where Anaheim is at. Because the remaining schedule is brutal

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I think this belongs in the tank thread...

What position does Bedard project to play in the NHL? He plays center in Juniors, I believe. But in all the WJCs he plays wing. Would he be a wing or center in the NHL?

I don't see us needing a center and I don't think Bedard looks to pass enough to play center at the NHL level. I'd love him as a wing though.

Reactions: JlindiesANA

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
I think this belongs in the tank thread...

What position does Bedard project to play in the NHL? He plays center in Juniors, I believe. But in all the WJCs he plays wing. Would he be a wing or center in the NHL?

I don't see us needing a center and I don't think Bedard looks to pass enough to play center at the NHL level. I'd love him as a wing though.

People were mentioning Bedard starting at the wing when he first jumps into the NHL. It’s mainly because of his size. I mean kid is only 5’9-5’10 and still has a kid bod. Jumping from juniors to the NHL with very little size is extremely difficult playing center. So I agree with what I’ve read about the situation anyway.

And you may be right. He should play wing for the foreseeable future. Atleast until he starts getting into his adult body physique

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
People were mentioning Bedard starting at the wing when he first jumps into the NHL. It’s mainly because of his size. I mean kid is only 5’9-5’10 and still has a kid bod. Jumping from juniors to the NHL with very little size is extremely difficult playing center. So I agree with what I’ve read about the situation anyway.

And you may be right. He should play wing for the foreseeable future. Atleast until he starts getting into his adult body physique
X - Zegras - Terry
X - McTavish - Bedard

Wouldn't be terrible, I guess!

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
I hope it comes true 🙏 I don’t really like their news they print out. But this one I’m good with!

Attachments

• B8CA011B-3F51-4194-89F6-498B05C08B2F.png
    B8CA011B-3F51-4194-89F6-498B05C08B2F.png
    475.8 KB · Views: 3

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
With regards to the whole Chicago out-sucking us thing: finishing last only gives you like a 3% better chance at drafting 1st. Obviously you want the best shot possible but I’m very okay finishing 2nd or 3rd worst, getting a shot at Bedard, and likely ending up with a Carlson/Fantili/Mitchkov as a consolation

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
With regards to the whole Chicago out-sucking us thing: finishing last only gives you like a 3% better chance at drafting 1st. Obviously you want the best shot possible but I’m very okay finishing 2nd or 3rd worst, getting a shot at Bedard, and likely ending up with a Carlson/Fantili/Mitchkov as a consolation

It’s actually 5% 18.5% for last to 13.5% for second to last. Then 11.5% as third to last.

Also, Anaheim wouldn’t want Mitchkov. He’s under contract in KHL for 2 more years. Meaning Anaheim will have to wait till that contract is up.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It’s actually 5% 18.5% for last to 13.5% for second to last. Then 11.5% as third to last.

Also, Anaheim wouldn’t want Mitchkov. He’s under contract in KHL for 2 more years. Meaning Anaheim will have to wait till that contract is up.
Okay, 5%. Still not exactly something to let weigh on you the next 3 months and get pissed about.

And you have no idea who they’ll want and it’ll depend on where they’re drafting. If we’re picking 4th and he’s still there I can see them going for it. Landing a player like him at 4 could be worth the wait. He’s a Matthews/Dahlin/Eichel level prospect IMO

Having to wait 2 years for him isn’t the major concern I have with him either. It’s the political mess in Russia that’s concerning

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Okay, 5%. Still not exactly something to let weigh on you the next 3 months and get pissed about.

And you have no idea who they’ll want and it’ll depend on where they’re drafting. If we’re picking 4th and he’s still there I can see them going for it. Landing a player like him at 4 could be worth the wait. He’s a Matthews/Dahlin/Eichel level prospect IMO

Having to wait 2 years for him isn’t the major concern I have with him either. It’s the political mess in Russia that’s concerning

Yah that always comes into play as well. Also he could just stay in the KHL anyway, so it’s a wasted draft pick. There’s many concerns on Mitchkov

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

I don't work for the Ducks, but I would want Michkov if we don't draft #1. He's better off developing in the KHL than in juniors or the AHL. Of course Ducks would have to research his situation first, but I don't see a top 3 NHL pick staying forever in the KHL.

Reactions: JlindiesANA

Son of Gib

Nov 14, 2017
Los Angeles
According to Tankathon, there is actually a huge difference in the odds of 1st and 2nd worst. (first works out to be 25.5% in actuality.) That's a 12% advantage, not 5%. Can someone explain why that is?

Screenshot_20230101-112500_Chrome.jpg

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
According to Tankathon, there is actually a huge difference in the odds of 1st and 2nd worst. (first works out to be 25.5% in actuality.) That's a 12% advantage, not 5%. Can someone explain why that is?

View attachment 629004

Because if the teams after pick #11 win the lottery, last place still gets pick #1 because you can only move up 10 spots if you win. So it's 18.5% last place gets picked, plus 2.5+2+1.5+.5+.5 = 25.5%

Son of Gib

Nov 14, 2017
Los Angeles
Because if the teams after pick #11 win the lottery, last place still gets pick #1 because you can only move up 10 spots if you win. So it's 18.5% last place gets picked, plus 2.5+2+1.5+.5+.5 = 25.5%
So they basically have reverted back to pre-lottery tanking incentives lol

We really need to get our tank on...

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
True….. But if Chicago wants to get worst with Kane and Toews trades? Anaheim will have to ante up as well for competition in the last spot. This entire roster should be evaluated on where the future is headed.

Chicago is not trading either of them. They will be in Chicago for the foreseeable future

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't work for the Ducks, but I would want Michkov if we don't draft #1. He's better off developing in the KHL than in juniors or the AHL. Of course Ducks would have to research his situation first, but I don't see a top 3 NHL pick staying forever in the KHL.

Michkov scored a goal today with KHL Sochi. He's now got two goals in four Sochi games. The switch from KHL St. Petersburg seems to be paying off. Maybe this switch to Sochi will bring him back into the top-3 conversation.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Chicago up 2-0 against a San Jose team that is sleepwalking through the last 30 minutes of this game. Sharks are really making things interesting in the tank department

EDIT: This aged well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hockey Duckie

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Chicago up 2-0 against a San Jose team that is sleepwalking through the last 30 minutes of this game. Sharks are really making things interesting in the tank department

EDIT: This aged well.
And then the Sharks turned it around, 5 - 2 San Jose over the Hawks. I watched part of the game, and it was a pretty horrid example of hockey.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Michkov scored a goal today with KHL Sochi. He's now got two goals in four Sochi games. The switch from KHL St. Petersburg seems to be paying off. Maybe this switch to Sochi will bring him back into the top-3 conversation.
The only thing keeping him out of the top 3 is that he's under contract in Russia. He's a better prospect than Fantilli or Carlson.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022

Yah have seen some people saying that Mitchkov and Bedard were once neck and neck for first overall. Also It wasn’t always Fantili ahead of Mitchkov

On another note,
Pretty big gap right now with Chicago, Anaheim, CBJ between the fourth in the standings. 31 pts is where the sharks and flyers are at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad