2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Absolutely no chance. This team is extremely bad and will finish bottom 3 in the standings.

Dallas played an awful game on the second half of back to backs and we only managed to score two goals and pretty much only defended for the last two periods.

Have to agree with this. Gibson is bad…… every squirrel finds a nut eventually. This may be the last shutout for the season for Anaheim. And Dallas went to battle with the Kings the night before. Pretty damn good game actually. If they brought the kings game to Anaheim? It would have been 6-1 or something. That was the REAL Dallas stars

We're drafting 5th aren't we...? 😫

Anaheims schedule is fricken brutal. They have a HUGE east coast swing coming. And the teams they are playing are all a basic lock for the playoffs. Outside of Chicago in February, and Columbus soon. This team isn’t going to win anything. Anaheim will be back to the 6-1 loses. Especially with these teams needing points for seeding late in the game of the season.

Reactions: Son of Gib

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
There's one team undeniably worse than us already and a couple others that are comparably bad.

Except when the Ducks play these worse teams, they look/play like crap and get skunked. They have a worse goal differential and less RW. Chicago still has two games in hand and more RW. The only thing that is saving the Ducks is their OT win record.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sharks tomorrow. need to lose that one for the tank

then bruins, oilers, devils, and penguins. i suspect they'll pull one win out of their asses in those games, probably against the oilers because they're a joke

then philly and CBJ which are huge games for tanking purposes

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

then bruins, oilers, devils, and penguins. i suspect they'll pull one win out of their asses in those games, probably against the oilers because they're a joke

Shark Tank! :sarcasm:

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Hard part of the schedule happens now. Almost all the remaining games are bubble teams and playoff teams outside of Coyotes a few times and Chicago in February and CBJ later this month.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022

McDavid will school Anaheim. He wants to break records

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
welp. at least the hawks finally won

but these guys really are going to play themselves out of a top 4 pick at this rate

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I really love what Carlsson and Fantili bring to the table. Different players but both offer some great skill sets to round out our amazing core.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I really love what Carlsson and Fantili bring to the table. Different players but both offer some great skill sets to round out our amazing core.
we're not getting either at this rate

i've already started bracing myself for will smith or zach benson

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Will Smith?

9C857C74-3888-4662-9ADF-62BE35A4BC4E.jpeg

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022

Have you seen Chicagos remaining schedule? They are playing cookie cutter teams compared to Anaheims and Columbus schedule. Chicago by far has the easiest schedule between the three of us.

What the battle is going to come down to is Anaheim and CBJ. Almost every team both our franchises are playing the remaining of the schedule are bubble teams and playoff teams.

Anaheim is done with the Canucks, Sharks, etc easy teams. Anaheim plays phoenix 3 times and 1 Colombus game and 1 Chicago game. Everyone else is going to be playing for wild card and playoff positions on the remaining games.

So I disagree respectfully of course

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Have you seen Chicagos remaining schedule? They are playing cookie cutter teams compared to Anaheims and Columbus schedule. Chicago by far has the easiest schedule between the three of us.

What the battle is going to come down to is Anaheim and CBJ. Almost every team both our franchises are playing the remaining of the schedule are bubble teams and playoff teams.

Anaheim is done with the Canucks, Sharks, etc easy teams. Anaheim plays phoenix 3 times and 1 Colombus game and 1 Chicago game. Everyone else is going to be playing for wild card and playoff positions

So I disagree respectfully of course
i hope you're right. and i don't think they have any chance at catching chicago honestly. they're just too awful

CBJ is the team to watch. SJ and MTL as well

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
i hope you're right. and i don't think they have any chance at catching chicago honestly. they're just too awful

CBJ is the team to watch. SJ and MTL as well

Just based on strength of schedule? Based off the remaining games? Chicago has a better chance at passing CBJ and Anaheim. Than CBJ and Anaheim improving drastically in the standings. CBJ is the team to be worried about. Their next like 6 games are against the best teams in the league.

And Anaheim schedule isn’t anything to scoff at. You got Boston coming, McDavid coming trying to break records. And Crosby around the corner. Also Ovechkin as well who wants that Gretzky record

Anaheim is definitely not in a position to be cocky about any wins soon.

Edit: Forgot to add the deadline deals Verbeek is going to do in March. Likely lots of moving pieces will be headed out. So yah I’m not that worried about it. I think as Duck fans? We always expect the worst because we never get anything from the NHL. But the schedule is brutal, trades will happen, and lastly I’ll reiterate the strength of schedule with the 3 bottom teams. Chicago being easiest

Last edited:

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Anaheims remaining schedule is actually a decent bit easier than Chicagos. Colombia does have a pretty tough schedule though.

007BEDA6-8757-456A-9140-AF18423F8CCE.jpeg

The Ducks still have many games to play against the bottom feeders. If they want to make up for their relatively easier schedule the best thing they can do is lose those games against CBJ, ARI, and CHI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad