2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Yah have seen some people saying that Mitchkov and Bedard were once neck and neck for first overall. Also It wasn’t always Fantili ahead of Mitchkov

On another note,
Pretty big gap right now with Chicago, Anaheim, CBJ between the fourth in the standings. 31 pts is where the sharks and flyers are at

They were. It was considered the next Crosby/Ovechkin draft. But that was years ago.

Reactions: JlindiesANA

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Yah have seen some people saying that Mitchkov and Bedard were once neck and neck for first overall. Also It wasn’t always Fantili ahead of Mitchkov

On another note,
Pretty big gap right now with Chicago, Anaheim, CBJ between the fourth in the standings. 31 pts is where the sharks and flyers are at

A lot has changed. His KHL contract, the Russian social issues, and he hasn’t been as impressive as the other 3 guys.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The only thing keeping him out of the top 3 is that he's under contract in Russia. He's a better prospect than Fantilli or Carlson.

A lot has changed. His KHL contract, the Russian social issues, and he hasn’t been as impressive as the other 3 guys.

According to a couple of scouting reports, Fantilli and Carlsson have been impressive in their respective leagues and Michkov's game took a step back, playing more on the perimeter. The scouts weren't focused on the social or contractual issues with Michkov when noticing bad habits and playing on the perimeter. Fantilli is producing 1.63 ppg rate at the NCAA level, 2nd highest in the NCAA. Carlsson has 14 points in 25 SHL games, tied for 6th on team scoring. For perspective, 2020's 4th overall pick Lucas Raymond's D+0 production in the SHL was 10 points in 33 SHL games.

It's Michkov's job to show his dynamic to keep up or surpass others. Last year, Michkov scored 5 points in 13 KHL games with St. Petersburg. This year with St. Petersburg, Michkov has zero points in 3 KHL games. Michkov being loaned to a different KHL team has improved his outlook some, albeit small sample, he's scored 2 goals in 4 games with Sochi. There's time to make up ground and dispel reverting back to a perimeter game as a constant.

Two years ago, Raty was a potential #1. Last year, Lambert was considered a potential #1 since age 15, iirc. I guess I'm grown accustomed to seeing potential #1 overall prospects drop. If Michkov can pick his game back up again to where scouts are praising his game, then his stock goes up. Fantilli and Carlsson are producing against older opponents.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
According to a couple of scouting reports, Fantilli and Carlsson have been impressive in their respective leagues and Michkov's game took a step back, playing more on the perimeter. The scouts weren't focused on the social or contractual issues with Michkov when noticing bad habits and playing on the perimeter. Fantilli is producing 1.63 ppg rate at the NCAA level, 2nd highest in the NCAA. Carlsson has 14 points in 25 SHL games, tied for 6th on team scoring. For perspective, 2020's 4th overall pick Lucas Raymond's D+0 production in the SHL was 10 points in 33 SHL games.

It's Michkov's job to show his dynamic to keep up or surpass others. Last year, Michkov scored 5 points in 13 KHL games with St. Petersburg. This year with St. Petersburg, Michkov has zero points in 3 KHL games. Michkov being loaned to a different KHL team has improved his outlook some, albeit small sample, he's scored 2 goals in 4 games with Sochi. There's time to make up ground and dispel reverting back to a perimeter game as a constant.

Two years ago, Raty was a potential #1. Last year, Lambert was considered a potential #1 since age 15, iirc. I guess I'm grown accustomed to seeing potential #1 overall prospects drop. If Michkov can pick his game back up again to where scouts are praising his game, then his stock goes up. Fantilli and Carlsson are producing against older opponents.
I don't think U.S. college hockey is comparable to the KHL, who most call the strongest league in Europe and the #2 professional league in the world.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't think U.S. college hockey is comparable to the KHL, who most call the strongest league in Europe and the #2 professional league in the world.

How easily you omit scouting reports of Michkov having bad habits and playing a perimeter game. I'm the one who shared with you that Michkov recently scored his second goal with his new KHL team Sochi in four games. You didn't share anything, but you bitch and moan that everyone's sleeping on Michkov without providing reasons why?

I've informed you why Fantilli and Carlsson have passed up Michkov so that you can understand it isn't just the contract. You're just unwilling to accept said info.

The only thing keeping him out of the top 3 is that he's under contract in Russia. He's a better prospect than Fantilli or Carlson.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, I don't think chicago is gonna win more than 5-8 games the rest of the way. it's actually hilarious how bad they are, some of the decisions they make on defense are wild lol

Reactions: Kalv

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Yeah, I don't think chicago is gonna win more than 5-8 games the rest of the way. it's actually hilarious how bad they are, some of the decisions they make on defense are wild lol

Anaheim plays em what? Two more times before seasons end? I’ll definitely watch those two games. Should be some interesting hockey to say the least 🤣

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
They will be an AHL-level team soon. And I don't mean that as a joke. A really AHL team + Seth Jones

There is no way anyone will be able to out-suck them.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Carlson with 2 goals in the big game vs Finland.

Might be a big game player.

I’m trying to watch both Fantilli or Carlsson. If the Ducks can land 2nd worst in the league they will have a real legit chance for either of them. Of course Bedard is the prize. But like I said in the WJC thread just am not optimistic with the lottery.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
With the Ducks luck with lotteries, I already assume we will be picking 2-4.

Some really good top players there 2-4 in this draft. Potential to be even better than any of Zegras, Drysdale, McTavish, and Mintyukov.

Now is the time to tank with this draft, I will always root for a win but in the back of my mind it’s better for the future to tank now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

No idea what that means, ha. But apparently he's good. I've been on his train for a while. If we miss out on #1, this guy'd be good

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
With regards to the whole Chicago out-sucking us thing: finishing last only gives you like a 3% better chance at drafting 1st. Obviously you want the best shot possible but I’m very okay finishing 2nd or 3rd worst, getting a shot at Bedard, and likely ending up with a Carlson/Fantili/Mitchkov as a consolation
It feels like we only have a 6% chance of getting 1st pick when we are at the bottom but somehow Chicago has like an 80% chance the moment they get last place. Bettman math.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
With regards to the whole Chicago out-sucking us thing: finishing last only gives you like a 3% better chance at drafting 1st. Obviously you want the best shot possible but I’m very okay finishing 2nd or 3rd worst, getting a shot at Bedard, and likely ending up with a Carlson/Fantili/Mitchkov as a consolation
Agreed. I'm very fine with whatever we finish at.
E.g. Oilers had 3rd worst record in 2015

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
lmao, that's really funny. all the guys i'm sure are hoping it happens, honestly not the worst thing that they have something positive to look forward to given how this season is going.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad