2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Need to get Dostal back to SD quickly. So the tank can continue and people can go back to telling us that he isn't ready.

If you take out that Toronto game where he was thrown to the wolves unprepared, his numbers are excellent for this team’s defense and system.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Yes Michkov not being able to come over for atleast 3 years is going to drop him.

Have to agree with you. Also the Russian factor. I’m just going to be happy as a clam if Ducks get Fantili. I know the NHL will never give Anaheim a first overall. So Fantili I’m good with

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
That's quite an outlier on Carlsson for THN. Did they provide some reasoning?

From what I can find their most recent ranking was in August so it may not be adjusted to the season that Carlsson is having. It seems pretty bare bones too, only the top 10 players have short blurbs on them.

Here's a link to THN's August rankings: top 40

I think the table was gathered from the player's Elite Prospects page, example Leo Carlsson

The odd part is THN's 2022 Future Watch (displayed until May 2022) had Carlsson ranked 8th. I guess Ryan Kennedy, the author of both rankings, wasn't feeling Carlsson's promotion to the SHL compared to his J20 production last season.

J20: 14 games; 10g + 17a = 27 pts
SHL: 35 games; 3g + 6a = 9 pts

Reactions: JlindiesANA

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Looks like mocks have changed. Makes sense for Carl moving up in the order

Attachments

• 34BEB757-A305-4C2C-AD32-018204F38E8C.png
    34BEB757-A305-4C2C-AD32-018204F38E8C.png
    287.8 KB · Views: 5

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Hawks and Sens making me nervous.. a week ago i thought we were a lock for bedard but now my gut tells me we’ll pick 7th lol
I'm expecting to fall out of the top 3 regardless. Hawks are the main concern though. They are so bad

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I could make a more detailed TLDR breakdown out of this, but my basic read on the situation looking at the standings is that unless this team goes on a massive heater at some point or somebody just absolutely tanks it heading into the new year, out of the all-star game, or after the trade deadline, this team is going to finish somewhere in the bottom 5.

Starting with Philadelphia (currently 6th worst with 2 more games played than Vancouver) at 29 points, every other team not in the bottom 5 is at least 8 points clear of the Ducks at the moment, most of them have multiple games in hand, and there's virtually no possible way that the Ducks can catch them in the RW or ROW tiebreakers. I'm not saying it's not doable, but it's highly improbable.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Safe to say the Ducks are not the worst team in the league anymore, progress? Lol.
I don’t know if that’s set in stone. It’s a long season and there’s a lot of ups and downs. Chicago is awful, for example, but still has 3 games in hand on us. They have to win at some point lol
I could make a more detailed TLDR breakdown out of this, but my basic read on the situation looking at the standings is that unless this team goes on a massive heater at some point or somebody just absolutely tanks it heading into the new year, out of the all-star game, or after the trade deadline, this team is going to finish somewhere in the bottom 5.

Starting with Philadelphia (currently 6th worst with 2 more games played than Vancouver) at 29 points, every other team not in the bottom 5 is at least 8 points clear of the Ducks at the moment, most of them have multiple games in hand, and there's virtually no possible way that the Ducks can catch them in the RW or ROW tiebreakers. I'm not saying it's not doable, but it's highly improbable.
yeah I noticed that too. So it’s beginning to look like the worst case scenario would be picking 7th. And obviously picking top 5 will be extremely likely

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Sharks take advantage of Minnesota on the second night of a B2B, win 5-2 to move 7 points clear. Vancouver wins 6-5 over Seattle to get to a double digit margin with 31 points. Philadelphia lost to Toronto to stay at 29.

The biggest game in the tank race so far is tomorrow night when Chicago hosts Columbus. Gonna need a 3 pointer out of that one

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Sharks take advantage of Minnesota on the second night of a B2B, win 5-2 to move 7 points clear. Vancouver wins 6-5 over Seattle to get to a double digit margin with 31 points. Philadelphia lost to Toronto to stay at 29.

The biggest game in the tank race so far is tomorrow night when Chicago hosts Columbus. Gonna need a 3 pointer out of that one
At least one of them will be forced to win….maybe

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

When we trade away Klingberg and shattenkirk and bring up youngster helleson to play top 4 ministers that will be more tank/development. Also seems like Gibson knows the deal, and randomly misses a few games when needed

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
When we trade away Klingberg and shattenkirk and bring up youngster helleson to play top 4 ministers that will be more tank/development. Also seems like Gibson knows the deal, and randomly misses a few games when needed
How are these helping? Can Helleson be any worse than Klingberg and Shattenkirk? Is Gibson really better than Dostal? I can see trading away vets actually improving the team.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
How are these helping? Can Helleson be any worse than Klingberg and Shattenkirk? Is Gibson really better than Dostal? I can see trading away vets actually improving the team.
Helleson was horrible in preseason. Weak, confused, slow to react to the speed of the game, he’s absolutely not an upgrade based on those games.

He’s currently got 2G 3A in 25GP with a -15, worst for D and behind only BO Groulx against AHL competition.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Helleson was horrible in preseason. Weak, confused, slow to react to the speed of the game, he’s absolutely not an upgrade based on those games.

He’s currently got 2G 3A in 25GP with a -15, worst for D and behind only BO Groulx against AHL competition.
I didn’t say Helleson has been good. My point was that trading away going through the motions vets wouldn’t necessarily help the tank.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Arizona and Chicago both with wins.

Meanwhile Anaheim getting outshot 31-11 at home but only down 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad