2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The biggest hurdle with Trotz is that I’ve heard he wants to be east of the Mississippi. He’s not coming here

But there are going to be other good names out there that we could definitely be in the mix for.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
The biggest hurdle with Trotz is that I’ve heard he wants to be east of the Mississippi. He’s not coming here

But there are going to be other good names out there that we could definitely be in the mix for.
Is he really so old that he defines where he lives by being east or west of the Mississippi?

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Difference is Ducks need that last place to guarantee a top 3 pick. The lottery has been far kinder to Chicago than Anaheim and I have a feeling it will again this year.

That’s what I’m worried about also. After watching that weighted ball to Rangers. I got a gut feeling something is not gonna go Ducks way. But? I’ll definitely take Fantili as a consolation prize. I just hope Anaheim doesn’t goto 3.

Fantili reminds me of Getzlaf. He’s bigger and more physical than Bedard. Just no number 3 please 😩

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Dear Blackhawks fans,

We haven't won jack, nor shit, in way too long for you to be asking us for favors. Let us be good at something, even if it's sucking.

Love,
Ducks Fans

P.S. we could finish in dead last by a 20 point margin and end up picking 10th somehow.

Pretty funny 🤣 I still remember Bob Murray’s face when Anaheim had second best odds I think it was? 2020 draft? And Anaheim fell through the floor for McTavish at 3? That damn Commissioner he owes us one man. Not saying McTavish sucks.

But these ping pong balls have never been kind to Anaheim ever since Crosby went to Pitt 😡

Reactions: lwvs84

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
There’s people out there? That are thinking Fantili could be the overall better player. I know I’m new here, and don’t want to step on anyones toes. But this YouTuber does make good points over the consensus one overall. Thoughts?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
There’s people out there? That are thinking Fantili could be the overall better player. I know I’m new here, and don’t want to step on anyones toes. But this YouTuber does make good points over the consensus one overall. Thoughts?

A lot of things COULD happen. I could win the lottery tomorrow. Anything is possible but no one employed in the NHL will skip on Bedard unless they want to get fired.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
A lot of things COULD happen. I could win the lottery tomorrow. Anything is possible but no one employed in the NHL will skip on Bedard unless they want to get fired.

Just looking at counter arguments. This draft isn’t Sidney Crosby and Bobby Ryan. Both these players in the top two have respectable meaning. Closest I’ve ever seen anyway

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
If Ducks do somehow pick Bedard, what do our centers look like long term? Zegras, McTavish and then Bedard. We know McT and Z have both looked better at center than wing so either McT becomes the best 3rd line center int he league or...

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Just looking at counter arguments. This draft isn’t Sidney Crosby and Bobby Ryan. Both these players in the top two have respectable meaning. Closest I’ve ever seen anyway
I think Fantilli and Michkov are closer than to Bedard. If Michkov wasn't Russian it would be a different story. Bedard is on his own level IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deuce22

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

People said the same thing about Wright and then Slavkovsky went 1st overall and Wright fell to 4th overall. Not saying that will happen with Bedard. The youtube guys need that "shock & awe" thought to draw attention. Otherwise, it gets boring showing Bedard did this, #1 ftw, two days later Bedard did another thing, #1 ftw, another couple of days pass by with Bedard did yet another thing, #1 ftw.

Reactions: Deuce22

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Shit, I have a Marc-Andre Fleury signed Blackhawks puck on my shelf :laugh: They just beat us to the last place for now (they have games in hand). I guess, I'm rooting for them to win, yay!

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Ducks are now no longer last place however, the Hawks have 3 games in hand and would pass the Ducks simply getting one point.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
People said the same thing about Wright and then Slavkovsky went 1st overall and Wright fell to 4th overall. Not saying that will happen with Bedard. The youtube guys need that "shock & awe" thought to draw attention. Otherwise, it gets boring showing Bedard did this, #1 ftw, two days later Bedard did another thing, #1 ftw, another couple of days pass by with Bedard did yet another thing, #1 ftw.
Bedard and Wright are nothing alike not sure the point you're trying to prove but do you. The literal only way Bedard doesn't go #1 is if he sustains a career threatening injury.

Wright scored 94 in 63
Bedard has scored 64 in 28 already on a not so good team

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think Fantilli and Michkov are closer than to Bedard. If Michkov wasn't Russian it would be a different story. Bedard is on his own level IMO.

Right now it seems like Fantilli and Carlsson might be neck and neck for second beyond Bedard. The WJC might give one of them more of a leg up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad