2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
If your going to rig the lottery, it would feel pretty odd risking falling on your own sword and sticking your neck out for the very controversial Blackhawk’s of all teams. Pretty sure they aren’t on Bettmans good side currently. Or anyone’s for that matter.

Reactions: HunterDuck

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
of course the league would prefer to have bedard in a big market like chicago. especially if kane/toews are gone, they can play the whole "bedard is now the face of the franchise" storyline

why would they want him playing for a team like the ducks that no one cares about?

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
All I know is, we are the laughing stock of the league now.. Sad Sad times.. We better Get Bedard!!!

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Well, if Bedard is truly generational, AND the league is as corrupt as many say, having him in the greater Los Angeles area, which IS creating a pretty solid junior hockey world is a pretty big deal.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
of course the league would prefer to have bedard in a big market like chicago. especially if kane/toews are gone, they can play the whole "bedard is now the face of the franchise" storyline

why would they want him playing for a team like the ducks that no one cares about?

NHL execs know they need to expand into new audiences, particularly with young women. TikTok/social is a good way to do that (we're already seeing it with the Ducks' TT presence) and both Zegras and Drysdale (and Regenda, lol) already have a following on social.

If the league was corrupt and they wanted to expand into new markets, we would be a solid choice.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
NHL execs know they need to expand into new audiences, particularly with young women. TikTok/social is a good way to do that (we're already seeing it with the Ducks' TT presence) and both Zegras and Drysdale (and Regenda, lol) already have a following on social.

If the league was corrupt and they wanted to expand into new markets, we would be a solid choice.
absolutely, I don't believe the draft is rigged so I don't buy into the whole "the league would never let us have the 1st overall pick" shit to begin with but if it was rigged there is every reason in the world to rig it in our favor, Zegras is already one of their golden geese from both a playstyle and marketing standpoint, you bring back the mighty ducks logo and add Bedard to the mix you're going to be printing more money than you know what to do with, Bedard and Zegras Mighty Ducks jerseys would sell like hotcakes, Tickets to see Zegras/Bedard do their thing will be the hottest ticket in town, just because we are currently not a hot market doesn't mean we never will be, Chicago was once a team that sold barely any tickets and nobody gave a f*** about even with them being an O6 team but that all changed once they got hot young players and started playing really great hockey and now we're at the point that they are one of the most popular markets in the league.

Reactions: gunnergunther

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I’m cool with any of the top 3, I’m just really hoping we get last unfortunately and then immediately fire Dallas
I imagine, if we let DE go after the season, coaches will likely want to wait to see what kind of roster PV puts together before committing to come here.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Lmaooo You win the Internet today..

Because its a chance to show his worth.. Young up and coming team... Will teach them the fundamentals of sound defensive system.. With that will lead to more wins.. More Offense.
Trotz has proven his worth. All the rumors I've seen are him going back to the press and likely a front office job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad