2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Right now it seems like Fantilli and Carlsson might be neck and neck for second beyond Bedard. The WJC might give one of them more of a leg up.

Yes Michkov not being able to come over for atleast 3 years is going to drop him.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yes Michkov not being able to come over for atleast 3 years is going to drop him.

There's some fantastic prospects even beyond those big three, probably none better than Michkov but will be interesting to see how it's handled. Certainly some players that teams will be really happy to land in the 4-10 etc range without any concerns about them ever reporting or taking several years to do so. We'll see I guess, all it takes is for one team to just be BPA all the way.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
i strongly think the coyotes will take him. they arent planning on being good ever so they can afford to wait for him to maybe come to NA
Whoever gets him will get an absolute steal as long as they can wait.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
People said the same thing about Wright and then Slavkovsky went 1st overall and Wright fell to 4th overall. Not saying that will happen with Bedard. The youtube guys need that "shock & awe" thought to draw attention. Otherwise, it gets boring showing Bedard did this, #1 ftw, two days later Bedard did another thing, #1 ftw, another couple of days pass by with Bedard did yet another thing, #1 ftw.

Bedard and Wright are nothing alike not sure the point you're trying to prove but do you. The literal only way Bedard doesn't go #1 is if he sustains a career threatening injury.

Wright scored 94 in 63
Bedard has scored 64 in 28 already on a not so good team

Eventually, you're going to have to learn how to read beyond the first sentence.

... or you can upgrade your phone so you can see beyond the first sentence.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Eventually, you're going to have to learn how to read beyond the first sentence.

... or you can upgrade your phone so you can see beyond the first sentence.
I don't care to read your long posts. Sue me. Bedard is going #1 barring a career ending injury period I don't care about theories and ridicolous rumors. Bump this when it happens if you would like.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Difference of opinion, but Michkov's situation is so nebulous that I would prefer Fantilli.
Who knows if he'll ever make it to NA given the current political climate? The stuff with Karpizov in the offseason should be enough to make plenty of teams wary of what could happen with any of their players that are in that part of the world.

Reactions: Kalv and Arthuros

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I’m totally cool with top 4. I could see Bedard and Michkov being near top of the league players but if they’re not I could see Carlson or Fantilli better and much better in the playoffs. Perfect year to tank.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think Michkov will be a better Kaprizov. In other words, a true superstar top 10 player in the league.

I think you would have to take him at 4 but I’m not sure about top 3 given the contract uncertainty

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
FantilliMichkovCarlsson
FCHockey325
The Hockey News2319
TSN/McKenzie325
McKeen's Hockey243
TSN/Button253
Sportsnet342
Recruit Scouting235
Dobber324
Smaht Scouting253

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't care to read your long posts. Sue me. Bedard is going #1 barring a career ending injury period I don't care about theories and ridicolous rumors. Bump this when it happens if you would like.

1. You are arguing to agree with me.
2. You lack original thought and skim other people's posts to create nitpick hot takes. And since you can't expound on the lack of original thought, you continue your narrative hot takes.

I guess I should be flattered that you often skim my original thoughts for your incessant hot takes.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Again, wouldn’t mind Fantilli or a Michkov. I don’t see us being competitive in a year or two realistically.

Michkov being projected as a scoring machine like Ovi is something really enticing

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Again, wouldn’t mind Fantilli or a Michkov. I don’t see us being competitive in a year or two realistically.

Michkov being projected as a scoring machine like Ovi is something really enticing

My concern is that he doesn’t come at all or that he is a nightmare to negotiate with since he is Russias national treasure currently.

Reactions: Kalv and dracom

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
My concern is that he doesn’t come at all or that he is a nightmare to negotiate with since he is Russias national treasure currently.
EDIT: I'll just say I don't think we will be in very good terms with Russian in the next 3 years... he's signed through 2025 I believe?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
really need to get back to tanking after the last couple games. chicago may not win again this season

Since the Hawks beat Anaheim (in a game the Ducks thoroughly dominated) to go 6-5-3, they are looking at 1-14-1 if they lose in regulation tonight. They were probably clear the moment we got to 19 points.

Reactions: Yemeth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad