2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Chicago giving up 6 goals to the kraken in the 1st period is some next level tanking…

Apparently, after Mrazek made the first save of the game, he gave up 4 straight. He got pulled and Stalock gave up a goal on the first shot that HE faced. Goals on 5 straight shots has to be something never done before.

Columbus up 4-0 after 40 minutes in Detroit. Probably headed to second last after tonight

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Columbus up 4-1 with 12:30 left in the 3rd.

I knew it was ALWAYS going to come down to SOG, GA, etc. however they do the ties for standings placement.

Anaheim gets scored on like a football game. So we win in all those categories. We are last in the league literally every statistic 😂

Reactions: 405Entrance

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Apparently, after Mrazek made the first save of the game, he gave up 4 straight. He got pulled and Stalock gave up a goal on the first shot that HE faced. Goals on 5 straight shots has to be something never done before.

Columbus up 4-0 after 40 minutes in Detroit. Probably headed to second last after tonight

Correction: it was goals on SIX straight shots. Hawks should be relegated for that

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
It appears like Chicago, CBJ, Anaheim, SJS, and Arizona have really separated themselves as a clear bottom 5 at this point

The results today make you look like a Nostradamus. Montreal's 2-1 regulation win over the Rangers and Vancouver's 4-3 shootout win over Carolina send them both now 5 points clear of the 5th-worst Sharks. More importantly, they are now 11 points clear of us, which in my book sends them into uncatchable territory; IMO unless this team goes on an absolute heater at some point, this team is finishing no better than bottom-5 (no worse than 7th post-lottery).

Also, Arizona is losing 1-0 halfway through their game. I've said it before, but that home-and-home on 1/24 and 1/28 looking mighty important for tanking implications, especially since we're already done with San Jose.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
I’m surprised Chicago is this terrible. I understand they traded Debrincat, but was this foreseen by anyone that’s past season into this one?

Their games have been low scoring. They aren’t getting the offense like they use to get. I mean they even have Kane and Toews still who have been a dynamic duo over the years.

Their goals for just has been atrocious second. But their Goals allowed? Is 3rd worst.

From a different side? I do see them lose close games. Not many blow outs like the Ducks. It’s definitely weird. I do agree with you.

I’m speculative if they already have a deal in place with Bettman for Bedard. And they goto the playoffs next season with a gotcha moment. Nothing surprises me from this league anymore to say the least.

Attachments

• C1D2E4B0-0742-4C85-8C13-EB05FDCE9425.png
    C1D2E4B0-0742-4C85-8C13-EB05FDCE9425.png
    295.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I’m surprised Chicago is this terrible. I understand they traded Debrincat, but was this foreseen by anyone that’s past season into this one?

Yeah they were always going to be at the bottom. That roster is complete trash. Kane was their only legit top 6 forward and his production has fallen off. The D is bad and the goalies are fringe NHLers. The only real surprises at the bottom of the standings to me are the Coyotes being better than expected and Columbus being worse.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Review of the past three days and preview of the next three days for the Tank Watch.
Jan 15th​
Tank​
Watch​
3-day forecast​
Movement​
Mon​
Tues​
Wed​
Team​
GP​
Points​
Past 3 days​
16-Jan​
17-Jan​
18-Jan​
Vancouver​
43​
39​
1-1-0​
vs TB​
Montreal​
44​
39​
1-1-0​
vs Wpg​
San Jose​
44​
34​
0-1-0​
vs NJ​
vs Dal​
Arizona​
42​
31​
0-2-0​
vs Det​
Columbus​
42​
28​
1-0-0​
vs NYR​
at Nas​
Anaheim​
43​
28​
0-1-0​
at Pit​
at Phi​
Chicago​
41​
26​
0-1-0​
vs Buf​

We're more terrible on the road, 4-14-3 (11 pts). Tuesday is gonna be a very busy day scoreboard watching.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yeah they were always going to be at the bottom. That roster is complete trash. Kane was their only legit top 6 forward and his production has fallen off. The D is bad and the goalies are fringe NHLers. The only real surprises at the bottom of the standings to me are the Coyotes being better than expected and Columbus being worse.
columbus has just been hammered by injuries to key guys or else there's no way they'd be this bad

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Blue Jackets fight valiantly, but lose 2-1 to Nashville in the make-up game that was postponed due to flooding. Ducks will enter the Tank Bowl on Thursday night one point clear of Columbus

Reactions: Kalv and Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad