2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
By points % we're still 31st. We're barely ahead of Chicago.

Move us down to 32nd, because the Hawks just got two points (and I didn’t realize they had three games in hand even including tonight). Seth Jones ties it with a minute left in regulation and wins it in overtime. Hawks are now a point back and have won four of their last five

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Chicago won in OT, Mtl won, and Arizona let in two goals early in the 3rd, for a Det lead of 3-1. Still a win for us!

Desert Dogs answer with 2 goals in 50 seconds to answer and tie it at 3. Depending on how close they are to the playoff chase, Stolarz could be an answer for the Wings, who need a backup goaltender after waiving Nedeljkovic.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Move us down to 32nd, because the Hawks just got two points (and I didn’t realize they had three games in hand even including tonight). Seth Jones ties it with a minute left in regulation and wins it in overtime. Hawks are now a point back and have won four of their last five
Columbus is now below us - I guess it hadn't updated when I checked. So back to 31st!

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Screenshot_20230118-000313.png

Good tank race

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hawks must be pissed on Jones now lol

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I definitely see the race between ANA/CBJ/CHI coming down to the last 2 games of the season

And AZ is a wild card. We don’t know how bad they’re going to be down the stretch. Hopefully they wait as long as possible to move Chychrun/Keller/Schmaltz

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I definitely see the race between ANA/CBJ/CHI coming down to the last 2 games of the season

And AZ is a wild card. We don’t know how bad they’re going to be down the stretch. Hopefully they wait as long as possible to move Chychrun/Keller/Schmaltz
I'd assume at least one of SJ, MTL, PHI to do a nosedive and join the race. Those teams are not good and something will probably break before the end of the year

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

We play these teams multiple times each, if the Ducks are really truly that bad, we shall see. Lol.

I cannot imagine a team worse than us now. It’s been bad. Sometimes we have a good game like against Pittsburgh or the Dallas game but this team is not good enough to have that good consistency.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I ju
I'd assume at least one of SJ, MTL, PHI to do a nosedive and join the race. Those teams are not good and something will probably break before the end of the year
I just don’t see how that’s remotely possible for Philly or MTL. They’re 16 points ahead of us with 35 games left. They would have to pretty much lose every game in regulation except 3 the rest of the way.

SJ you might be right on. Terrible team

Edit:MTL is only 12 points ahead of us. Still seems incredibly unlikely

Reactions: Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I ju

I just don’t see how that’s remotely possible for Philly or MTL. They’re 16 points ahead of us with 35 games left. They would have to pretty much lose every game in regulation except 3 the rest of the way.

For comparison, our collapse last year was 7-21-6.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Kinda weird just how bad SJ is. They still have a collection of very high-end players. Much more so than anyone else down at the bottom. Both their goalies blow I guess tho

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I dunno what Philly has in their waters, but they're 8-2 in their last 10 games and 10-5 in the last 15 games with wins against NJ, LA, Buffalo, and Washington.

Philly
First 30 games: 9-4-7 (25 pts)​
Next 15 games: 10-2-0 (20 pts)​

In their first 30 games, they lost 7 OT/SO games. Whatever tweak in their game was in the next 15 games it has helped him turn those OT/SO losses into wins and winning convincingly (more than 1 goal differential results).

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
MTL and PHI we are 10+ points behind, and counting the tiebreaker that means we would have to win 6 more games than them the rest of the season. Honestly we might be hard pressed to win that many games total, much less 6 MORE than anyone.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I ju

Good point, but I just don't trust those teams, lol. They're bad.
And also, half the season is still to be played... so as much happened in the first half, could happen in the second... technically.

But it does look like we're trending in the bottom 3 direction. I'm just not penciling in just yet.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Eight of the Ducks' 12 wins are OT wins, plus they have five OT losses. So 21 (16+ 5) of their 29 points are from OT.

On the other hand, of Chicago's 28 points, 16 are from regulation wins, eight are from OT wins and four are from OT losses, and they have three games in hand. Chicago's winning % is higher too.

Columbus is below the Ducks in winning % by .004, but they have one game in hand. They also have more regulation wins (nine) and only two OT losses. That means out of their 28 points, 18 are from regulation wins, eight are from OT wins and two are from OT losses.

So, I'd say the Ducks are a worse team than either Chicago or Columbus regardless of the standings. Both Chicago and Columbus have at least twice as many regulation wins. The only thing keeping the Ducks in it are their OT points.

Edit: Also, compare the goal differentials: Anaheim = -85 (LMAO); Chicago = -59; Columbus = -61.

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
If the ducks played at the current playoff pace for the rest of the season, they would still finish 6th based on current point percentages. Sure other teams like Montreal and Vancouver can have a post deadline collapse, but it would take a mini miracle to finish outside the bottom 5 at this point.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad