2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Eight of the Ducks' 12 wins are OT wins, plus they have five OT losses. So 21 (16+ 5) of their 29 points are from OT.

On the other hand, of Chicago's 28 points, 16 are from regulation wins, eight are from OT wins and four are from OT losses, and they have three games in hand. Chicago's winning % is higher too.

Columbus is below the Ducks in winning % by .004, but they have one game in hand. They also have more regulation wins (nine) and only two OT losses. That means out of their 28 points, 18 are from regulation wins, eight are from OT wins and two are from OT losses.

So, I'd say the Ducks are a worse team than either Chicago or Columbus regardless of the standings. Both Chicago and Columbus have at least twice as many regulation wins. The only thing keeping the Ducks in it are their OT points.

Edit: Also, compare the goal differentials: Anaheim = -85 (LMAO); Chicago = -59; Columbus = -61.

*Correction, we have 23 pts from Extra Time (OT & SO), we have 2 SO losses that you didn't include.

This is why I view the Ducks as a bad constructed team that is overachieving when it wins. When we go to extra time, the talent difference becomes equal at 3v3 and at shootouts. OT record: 5-5 and SO record: 3-2. The team is scrappy in finding a way to get to OT.

Let's compare the current bottom three teams with respect to Extra Time (OT + SO).
Extra Time​
OT​
&​
SO​
Team​
OTW​
OTL​
.​
SOW​
SOL​
.​
Extra Time W​
Extra Time L​
Total ET
Games​
Total ET Pts​
Total Pts​
Anaheim​
5​
5​
3​
2​
8​
7​
15​
23​
29​
Chicago​
4​
4​
0​
2​
4​
6​
10​
14​
28​
Columbus​
3​
2​
1​
1​
4​
3​
7​
11​
28​

I know people complained about us not having a regulation win for the longest time, but we've been racking up a lot of points despite not having many regulation wins.

Reactions: la patineuse

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Jan 18th​
3-day forecast​
Past 3 days​
Past 3 days​
Thurs​
Fri​
Sat​
Team​
GP​
Points​
Record​
Pts​
19-Jan​
20-Jan​
21-Jan​
Montreal​
45​
41​
1-0-0​
2​
vs Fla​
vs Tor​
Vancouver​
44​
39​
0-1-0​
0​
vs Col​
vs Edm​
San Jose​
46​
37​
1-0-1​
3​
at Clb​
Arizona​
44​
33​
1-0-0​
2​
vs Was​
at Dal​
Anaheim​
45​
29​
0-1-1​
1​
at Clb​
at Buf​
Chicago​
42​
28​
1-0-0​
2​
at Pit​
at StL​
Columbus​
44​
28​
0-2-0​
0​
vs Ana​
vs SJ​

Clash of the Catastrophes courtesy of Columbus

- Thurs: Anaheim at Columbus
- Sat: San Jose at Columbus

Programming note: Ana at Buffalo is at 9:30 am Pacific. ::: blink, blink :::

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Man, we gotta lose to Columbus. And i'm scared of how bad they are. Being 2 points up or 2 points down from them is a 4 point difference, i think this one is definitely one of the bigger games in this stretch.
Unlike vs other defenses, Johnny Gaudreau will be able to muscle his way through our defense and score a lot of points, so I think the Jackets are the favorites in this game :laugh:

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We’re really one win streak away of blowing the whole tank
I mean, sure, but we also have the worst goal differential by a country mile.
Eight of the Ducks' 12 wins are OT wins, plus they have five OT losses. So 21 (16+ 5) of their 29 points are from OT.

On the other hand, of Chicago's 28 points, 16 are from regulation wins, eight are from OT wins and four are from OT losses, and they have three games in hand. Chicago's winning % is higher too.

Columbus is below the Ducks in winning % by .004, but they have one game in hand. They also have more regulation wins (nine) and only two OT losses. That means out of their 28 points, 18 are from regulation wins, eight are from OT wins and two are from OT losses.

So, I'd say the Ducks are a worse team than either Chicago or Columbus regardless of the standings. Both Chicago and Columbus have at least twice as many regulation wins. The only thing keeping the Ducks in it are their OT points.

Edit: Also, compare the goal differentials: Anaheim = -85 (LMAO); Chicago = -59; Columbus = -61.
yeah, this is why I’m shocked there are people on this board that don’t think we’ll be in the hunt for the worst record until the last couple games of the season.

We are as bad of a team as the league has seen in at least a 5 seasons

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Columbus is favored by the betting crowd tonight on Fan Duel. I don't bet on hockey games, or really just about anything else, so the odds are irrelevant to me, but it is interesting to see what is posted before the game.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
They should end it 0-0 with both teams pulling their goalies in the beginning of the 3rd period... Both teams would be pissed with one another for earning a point and then refuse to do the shootout.

Reactions: Duckcluck

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
absolutely need to lose tonight

so naturally the ducks will score the GWG with under 30 seconds left to win

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I mean, sure, but we also have the worst goal differential by a country mile.

yeah, this is why I’m shocked there are people on this board that don’t think we’ll be in the hunt for the worst record until the last couple games of the season.

We are as bad of a team as the league has seen in at least a 5 seasons
Much longer than that. It happens that there are other very bad teams this season but this team, if nothing changes for the better (and why would it?), really is one of the worst the league has seen since the late 60s. Bottom 10 probably.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I’m fine with being a bottom team in a year with Bedard and other top prospects, but my worry is how to shore up this Defense when the time comes to turn the corner.
Barring any signings that aren't horribly shitty like Klingberg, the answer is somewhere amongst Zellweger/Helleson/Mintyukov/Thrun/Moore/Drysdale/Hinds/Luneau/Warren.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Barring any signings that aren't horribly shitty like Klingberg, the answer is somewhere amongst Zellweger/Helleson/Mintyukov/Thrun/Moore/Drysdale/Hinds/Luneau/Warren.

That is a really good D group just have to be patient for them to develop and be ready to make the jump to the NHL.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
That is a really good D group just have to be patient for them to develop and be ready to make the jump to the NHL.
If they all hit. They won't. I really hope we target Mayfield for 4 years. Also did anyone else note that Zellweger dropped like 30 spots in the top under 23 ranking from the Athletic. We still have 4 in the top 36 though. Zegras, McTavish, Drysdale and Minty if I recall correctly.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

f269f9_d0cc253594244074af143b9e7ffd7fc3~mv2.jpg

If they all hit. They won't. I really hope we target Mayfield for 4 years. Also did anyone else note that Zellweger dropped like 30 spots in the top under 23 ranking from the Athletic. We still have 4 in the top 36 though. Zegras, McTavish, Drysdale and Minty if I recall correctly.

Edit: I'm dumb.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Leonardo87

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I should probably learn to read before trying to use a message board. Thanks, lol.
I'm with you on the Zegras evaluation though. Was hoping for more. That being said still a lot of year left and now that he is with Strome and Terry is on another line I think we could see more production. Hope they keep him at center though.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
well at least the hawks look like they're going to hang on and win or else this would have been the most f***ing awful night for the tank

i think it's become pretty obvious this team is most likely going to finish 3rd worst, barring deadline trades that make them even worse. chicago will come back down to earth any day now and columbus is just downright awful

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
well at least the hawks look like they're going to hang on and win or else this would have been the most f***ing awful night for the tank

i think it's become pretty obvious this team is most likely going to finish 3rd worst, barring deadline trades that make them even worse. chicago will come back down to earth any day now and columbus is just downright awful
Do the bluejackets have any of their plethora of top injured players coming back soon? If they start to get healthy that’s very good. Pre game they showed all the guys they are missing, unfortunately didn’t tell us of when they return. Anyone know?

Reactions: HunterDuck

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Do the bluejackets have any of their plethora of top injured players coming back soon? If they start to get healthy that’s very good. Pre game they showed all the guys they are missing, unfortunately didn’t tell us of when they return. Anyone know?
i know werenski is out for the season

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
with caufield out, habs are likely going to become a team to keep an eye on in the tank race

vancouver as well assuming they fire boudreau

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
with caufield out, habs are likely going to become a team to keep an eye on in the tank race

vancouver as well assuming they fire boudreau

San Jose is currently 4 points behind the former and 2 behind the latter and are in Columbus tonight. Quite honestly, given the caveats you pointed out in the OP, a 3-point game with the Sharks winning isn’t the worst thing in the world, I would like to bury them with the worst possible odds in the Bedard chase (although a lot of it is gonna depend on what they decide to do with Timo Meier and/or Erik Karlsson at the deadline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad