2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
San Jose is currently 4 points behind the former and 2 behind the latter and are in Columbus tonight. Quite honestly, given the caveats you pointed out in the OP, a 3-point game with the Sharks winning isn’t the worst thing in the world, I would like to bury them with the worst possible odds in the Bedard chase (although a lot of it is gonna depend on what they decide to do with Timo Meier and/or Erik Karlsson at the deadline)
I disagree with your rooting for San Jose over Columbus. I agree that a 3 point game would be best, but I have still not given up hope that Columbus will rally and finish ahead of the Ducks. Thus I want Columbus to win. Either way the outcome will be beneficial for the Ducks. Either the Sharks will pull further ahead of the Ducks or Columbus will come closer to the Ducks.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Columbus have a chance of getting healthy and they won’t be dumping as many guys at the deadline. Chicago is the real threat to #1 overall after they trade Kane and Toews.

Columbus‘s blue line is already down Werenski the entire year and they’ll be dealing Gavrikov at some point. They’re going to be very thin back there.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
We'll see if the Hawks can hold on. If they do, they'll jump over us and still have 3 games in hand.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We'll see if the Hawks can hold on. If they do, they'll jump over us and still have 3 games in hand.

It seems a lot of teams around us have at least one game in hand, so that’s good. I feel more comfortable rooting for a team to win to jump ahead of the Ducks, than rooting for the Ducks to lose.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Coyotes down 4-0 to Dallas at the end of two periods, look like they’re heading for their 11th regulation loss (with no bonus points) in 12 games. If they can’t find a way to get anything from tomorrow with Vegas at home to create a bit of cushion, that home and home this week before the All-Star break is enormous

Reactions: Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Coyotes down 4-0 to Dallas at the end of two periods, look like they’re heading for their 11th regulation loss (with no bonus points) in 12 games. If they can’t find a way to get anything from tomorrow with Vegas at home to create a bit of cushion, that home and home this week before the All-Star break is enormous
Keep in mind Arizona's only played 17 home games, by far the fewest in the league, and they're over .500 at home. 24 of their final 36 will be at home.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Anyone check the scores today? Flyers won, Chicago won, Columbus won.

Anaheim lost. Woah! what an amazing time to be a fan. We actually may get a top 3 draft pick since McTavish.

Super stoked. Hopefully everyone is having a blessed weekend. This made my day. Now we just need Vancouver to win tonight. But I won’t be greedy

Arizona is gahbage, luckily they have a ton of home games left

Good point. I just looked at their schedule

Reactions: robbieboy3686

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Anyone check the scores today? Flyers won, Chicago won, Columbus won.

Anaheim lost. Woah! what an amazing time to be a fan. We actually may get a top 3 draft pick since McTavish.

Super stoked. Hopefully everyone is having a blessed weekend. This made my day. Now we just need Vancouver to win tonight. But I won’t be greedy

Good point. I just looked at their schedule
Love the positivity!

Reactions: JlindiesANA

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
some games of interest tonight:

Kings-Blackhawks
Sharks-Bruins(ouch)
Golden Knights vs Coyotes

Knights are on a 2nd half of a back to back but I don’t have a lot of confidence in any of the Hawks/Sharks/Coyotes getting points tonight. Hope I’m wrong

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, my main worry is that we have one of the easiest schedules ROS (at least according to Tankathon), while "bubble tank" teams like OTT, SJ, and MTL have some of the most difficult. VAN are also looking like a complete train wreck with the Boudreau situation.

With so many awful/injured teams, if we go on one of our patented end of season runs it could potentially knock us way back in draft positioning. Given how bad our defense is and will be though, I don't even think it's possible we can do that without our entire offense going on a heater at the same time.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Yeah, my main worry is that we have one of the easiest schedules ROS (at least according to Tankathon), while "bubble tank" teams like OTT, SJ, and MTL have some of the most difficult. VAN are also looking like a complete train wreck with the Boudreau situation.

With so many awful/injured teams, if we go on one of our patented end of season runs it could potentially knock us way back in draft positioning. Given how bad our defense is and will be though, I don't even think it's possible we can do that without our entire offense going on a heater at the same time.
On an average day for our defense, we have to score 5 goals to win. So to win any particular game we either need 5 goals, an above average (for us) defensive effort plus 3-4 goals, or a lights-out game by a goaltender. We're not going to win a lot of games unless something is drastically different. I get that we have a relatively easy schedule but we're still terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad