2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
kane is for sure getting traded. it's just a matter of when and where

i'd be surprised if toews is though. he's garbage now and his contract is even worse than he's become
Has a lot of leadership qualities team looks for though and I think he could be a good 3C in the right situation

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Verbeek must be terrified to mess with this team chemistry. Hold them all Pat! :sarcasm:

136hly.jpg

"Team chemistry"

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If we’re tied for last with a team and have same points percentage what is the deciding factor?
There are smarter people than me, but IIRC it was wins in regulation. Which suits us well. We have 5, next worst teams are tied at 10 :laugh:

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I’m 99% sure Kane will be moved and 90% sure Toews will be.

Teams will fit him contract as a rental.

Would be great if the ducks can get assets for facilitating the trade. Chicago (with retention) to Ducks (more retention) to third team contender makes Kane's contract pretty reasonable.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Would be great if the ducks can get assets for facilitating the trade. Chicago (with retention) to Ducks (more retention) to third team contender makes Kane's contract pretty reasonable.
I'm pretty certain we'll do one of these trades. Klingberg is a lock to take up a retention spot, and a 2nd is probably used on Henrique or Shattenkirk. Stolarz won't need one and hopefully Kulikov doesn't either

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Garry Bettman has OFFICIALLY taken over Tankathon simulator, this is the first spin I did in WEEKS and this is what I got with the highest odds. NHL now is rigging even the simulation :laugh:

View attachment 640470

Dropping would suck, but Vancouver (never had 1st overall?) and Arizona ahead of us in order to get Chicago out of the top 4 might almost be worth it.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Dropping would suck, but Vancouver (never had 1st overall?) and Arizona ahead of us in order to get Chicago out of the top 4 might almost be worth it.
Didn't Van have it when they pulled off the trade in order to get the Sedins together?
Edit: They started with the 3rd but were able to aquire the first but move it for the second with the assurance that the team wouldn't take one of the Sedins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Didn't Van have it when they pulled off the trade in order to get the Sedins together?
I'm not sure, I thought they had the 3rd or 4th (as their own pick), and made deals which might have included getting the 1st overall in the process. But I did forget about that year lol.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm not sure, I thought they had the 3rd or 4th (as their own pick), and made deals which might have included getting the 1st overall in the process. But I did forget about that year lol.
Horrendous first round that year outside of the Sedins. Stefan went first overall. Third best player was somewhere between Marty Havlat and Barret Jackman or Nick Boynton?

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
There are smarter people than me, but IIRC it was wins in regulation. Which suits us well. We have 5, next worst teams are tied at 10 :laugh:

We are so bad, lol.

And yet if we beat the desert dogs tonight in regulation, then we leap frog both Columbus and Chicago where regulation wins doesn't matter at that point. I don't think we give the team enough credit for their cockroach like trait of the ability to survive.

buajaja-cient%C3%ADfico.gif

Reactions: Kalv and Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad