2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And yet if we beat the desert dogs tonight in regulation, then we leap frog both Columbus and Chicago where regulation wins doesn't matter at that point. I don't think we give the team enough credit for their cockroach like trait of the ability to survive.

buajaja-cient%C3%ADfico.gif

At what point do we say, let’s just lose the whole friggin thing, I hate to root for my team to lose. But the future is more important than a few jumps in the standings. Zegras got 3rd star of the week, so it’s not effecting him, lol.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
At what point do we say, let’s just lose the whole friggin thing, I hate to root for my team to lose. But the future is more important than a few jumps in the standings. Zegras got 3rd star of the week, so it’s not effecting him, lol.

I have a different take. I think the 2023 top-5 pick is just icing on the cake. We have three potential stars at forward already in Zegras, Terry, and McTavish. Then we have a strong 3C that can slide into the top-6 if injuries arise in Lundy. We are that spoiled.

Last year proved we were on the right track of being a fringe playoff team that was lacking talent depth. Could you imagine if we kept all four FA's and could have prompted Getzlaf to stay an extra year while we made trades/acquisitions for a top-6 forward, added McTavish, and acquired a middle pairing, veteran, shutdown D?

It isn't all doom and gloom. In 2019, we moved down one in the draft due to the lottery and still drafted Zegras at 9th overall. Same thing occurred in 2020 and we got Drysdale at 6th. And yet the same thing happened in 2021 of dropping down one due to the lottery and we picked up McTavish at 3rd overall.

Because I think we're a terribly constructed team, I expect the team to lose. When we win, then we have overachieved. By bad luck and bad play, McTavish got a lot of playing time at 3C due to Lundy's injury and then got propelled to 1C due to Z's terrible play. We're that reliant on the youth to change our direction. The only positive veteran support we have is LW Rico.

Losing out on Bedard isn't devastating for us because there are other good consolation prizes in C Fantilli, C Carlsson, and RW Michkov. Of course we want Bedard, but we're already spoiled with Terry, Z, and McTavish. Also, we really don't know what we have with our D prospects since most of the top end talents are not on the pro side yet.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
New coach bump with Tocchet for every Canuck except the goaltender. Chicago tied 2-2 at the end of 40 minutes despite being outshot 35-10 by Vancouver

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
New coach bump with Tocchet for every Canuck except the goaltender. Chicago tied 2-2 at the end of 40 minutes despite being outshot 35-10 by Vancouver

Blackhawks lose 5-2. Ducks win vaults them from 32 to 30 in the standings. Gotta try and remain calm and not overreact to positional swings too much, feels like this is gonna come down to the final few games of the season

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
And yet if we beat the desert dogs tonight in regulation, then we leap frog both Columbus and Chicago where regulation wins doesn't matter at that point. I don't think we give the team enough credit for their cockroach like trait of the ability to survive.

buajaja-cient%C3%ADfico.gif

Blackhawks lose 5-2. Ducks win vaults them from 32 to 30 in the standings. Gotta try and remain calm and not overreact to positional swings too much, feels like this is gonna come down to the final few games of the season

I hate being right sometimes.

The next game is against the Avs, who are on a six-game win streak. They're a far more talented team than the Yotes. But we face the Yotes again after the Avs.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Idk why, but I feel like this team will go on a little run (relatively speaking) post ASG.

Maybe sooner. With the recent positive developments at center, we've become stronger down the middle. McTavish takes the brunt of the heavy lifting at 1C, Zegras has been poaching weaker competition as 2C, and dynamic Lundy has returned at 3C. Our forwards maybe able to mask some of our blueliner issues.

That would really suck to miss out on the top-4.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
It’s a pretty low bar. At this point, 3 wins in a row would be a run for us.
definitely not expecting them to be a good team, but some guys have been playing well lately and it doesn't take much to move up amongst that group at the bottom. and it's not like guys who will be on the move at deadline have been contributing very much at all

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
definitely not expecting them to be a good team, but some guys have been playing well lately and it doesn't take much to move up amongst that group at the bottom. and it's not like guys who will be on the move at deadline have been contributing very much at all

Kulikov plays on the PK. The upswing in PK efficiency since game 26 has been up about 80%. Also, Kulikov has been a very good partner for Fowler.

Klingberg, Shatty and Kulikov rank in our top-12 in team scoring: Klingberg 8th, Shatty 10th, and Kulikov 12th.

The potential replacements will probably be rookies like Andersson and Helleson. So things can get worse when fielding rookies on the blue line.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Kulikov plays on the PK. The upswing in PK efficiency since game 26 has been up about 80%. Also, Kulikov has been a very good partner for Fowler.

Klingberg, Shatty and Kulikov rank in our top-12 in team scoring: Klingberg 8th, Shatty 10th, and Kulikov 12th.

The potential replacements will probably be rookies like Andersson and Helleson. So things can get worse when fielding rookies on the blue line.
Of the 3 ufa D men I'd consider resigning Kulikov. Ideally we land Mayfield though in UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad